Author Topic: New San Diego Gyms  (Read 2651 times)

Jeriko

• Getbig II
  • Do you want to win the war on terror? Yes or No?
New San Diego Gyms
« on: July 03, 2007, 03:17:34 PM »
Wanted to share some info on some gyms named Athletic Nation that I'll be opening in San Diego (La Jolla being our first location). I'll be looking for trainers here pretty soon and will share more info in regards to pay rates and such or just contact me if you're in San Diego.

A little bit about our unique business model: a Personal Training gym designed specifically for men. We set up in affluent communities with a target group of (married) men ages 30-64, professional career-middle to upper class. Here's what we know about these men requiring our type of facility:

Here is what we know they won't do:

• Walk into a Big Box gym like Bally or 24 Hour Fitness and have some 21 year old 100 pound girl train him on a big bouncy ball.
  • Go to a Yoga or Pilates class.
  • "Sweat to the Oldies" ala Richard Simmons.
  • Be accountable to himself to work-out on a consistent basis.

Here is what we know they will do:

• Go to a gym that respects his privacy and allows him to work-out like a man.
  • Be made accountable by his trainer. Two days a week for an upper and lower body free weight work-out.
  • Feel the pain afterwards from using muscles he forgot he had and paying money for it.
  • Lift free weights and bring his heart rate up to a level he hasn't felt in decades...and like it.

This is our brand - No B.S. No Hype, Just Results.

We are obviously not training bodybuilders. We do employ high intensity free-weight workouts. We face reality - we don't rationalize lack of fitness levels, we don't employ gimmicks, no quick fixes. Our clients are truely held accountable and they love it.  The beauty of our business model is that the wives/ girlfriends love our concept! They know that their beau is not in a gym staring at some tight body in spandex.

Here's a cool video of an Athletic Nation Texas franchise owner and Strongman Travis Ortmayer

www.AthleticNation.com
BTW If you happen to consider buying a franchise let me know so that I can put you in touch with the powers that be. That way we can split a nice referral fee should you buy in.  ;D