Author Topic: Will global warming be nail in real estate market's coffin?  (Read 2189 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Will global warming be nail in real estate market's coffin?
« on: September 26, 2007, 07:15:22 AM »
45 of the world's top 50 scientists agree that the waters of the sea levels will rise ONE METER in the next 50 to 150 years.

Land dies now.

Land has never depreciated in book value, as it has no death date.  But it does now.  What happens to coastal area property values now?  Would you spend 5 mil on a beachfront property in Malibu, if you know in 50 years, it's very possible it could be underwater?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Will global warming be nail in real estate market's coffin?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 08:31:55 PM »
45 of the world's top 50 scientists agree that the waters of the sea levels will rise ONE METER in the next 50 to 150 years.

Land dies now.

Land has never depreciated in book value, as it has no death date.  But it does now.  What happens to coastal area property values now?  Would you spend 5 mil on a beachfront property in Malibu, if you know in 50 years, it's very possible it could be underwater?

...and they laughed at me when I said I intended to invest in some beachfront property in Nevada.  ;)
w

Alex23

Re: Will global warming be nail in real estate market's coffin?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 08:36:55 PM »

Land dies now.

Brutal "paranoiaic" mindset. Malibu or anywhere else on the west coast, you don't own the beach anyway.

Do you still work at Gulf Coast U as a tech support?