Author Topic: Loudest pops?  (Read 14602 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Loudest pops?
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2010, 12:33:35 PM »
I have been thrown out of quite a few events. When I was a kid I jumped the barricade in Nassau Coliseum one night at a bunk house brawl. Piper won it. Then secrurity kicked the ever living shit out of me. We would always have our shirts off when were younger as well. They don't let you do that anymore. Timmy is going the 26th at MSG. If Cena gets close to me in the crowd. I'm gonna jump on top of him! Gonna be a fun fun night! The wrestlers train at Golds Midtown when they are here. I hope I see some of them there. 

haha, too funny.... 

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2010, 12:41:13 PM »
I'd give it to the Hulkster. Flair isn't even close.

Obviously you aren't remembering the WCW days when Hogan would come out to absolutely nothing.  He got over in WCW by attaching himself to Hall and Nash. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2010, 12:43:32 PM »
Obviously you aren't remembering the WCW days when Hogan would come out to absolutely nothing.  He got over in WCW by attaching himself to Hall and Nash. 

You mean it wasn't with his great promos about "eating fruit and being cool" in the back?  Or having jimmy hart as a manager, or feeding him everybody in the company to lay down for him?  ;D

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2010, 02:25:48 PM »
You mean it wasn't with his great promos about "eating fruit and being cool" in the back?  Or having jimmy hart as a manager, or feeding him everybody in the company to lay down for him?  ;D

Or having his biggest mark running the company?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2010, 03:33:55 PM »
Or having his biggest mark running the company?

Who you and someone else should have taken care of in a certain bathroom in Atlanta, GA.... ;D   Course that "someone" isn't much back-up..

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2010, 06:14:00 AM »
NWO Hogan filled every arena WCW had and was a good unexpected angle that was done ingeniously by Eric Bishoff. No one in their right mind saw that heel turn coming. It was brilliant. Just my 2 pennies...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2010, 06:21:16 AM »
NWO Hogan filled every arena WCW had and was a good unexpected angle that was done ingeniously by Eric Bishoff. No one in their right mind saw that heel turn coming. It was brilliant. Just my 2 pennies...

Actually, I chose to write a law research paper on it in college.  the whole angle was cooked up with VKM and Bisch in cahoots, it was going to be a joint venture where there was a "takeover" by the boys up north, which if you remember they hinted at the beginning.   At the last minute VKM decided against it, but Bisch went ahead with it.  It was very interesting.  I will try to locate the paper, good luck, and post it up if I can.

The Hogan turn was just more of a case of him "jumping on the wagon" so to speak.  As Hogan saw how it was taking off and wanted to be part of it.  Savy on his part.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2010, 06:29:04 AM »
Actually, I chose to write a law research paper on it in college.  the whole angle was cooked up with VKM and Bisch in cahoots, it was going to be a joint venture where there was a "takeover" by the boys up north, which if you remember they hinted at the beginning.   At the last minute VKM decided against it, but Bisch went ahead with it.  It was very interesting.  I will try to locate the paper, good luck, and post it up if I can.

The Hogan turn was just more of a case of him "jumping on the wagon" so to speak.  As Hogan saw how it was taking off and wanted to be part of it.  Savy on his part.
Actually what no one ever knew was that the original NWO was supposed to be Nash, Hall & Bret Hart. Hart resigned with McMahon and thus Hogan filled in.

Nothing personal dude but I don't buy highlighted stuff above. Vince was in dyer straights and close....very close to losing his company. Bishoff was helbent on putting Vince out of business for good. A statement both made clear by both parties and confirmed by other wrestlers.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 14, 2010, 06:33:14 AM »
Actually what no one ever knew was that the original NWO was supposed to be Nash, Hall & Bret Hart. Hart resigned with McMahon and thus Hogan filled in.

Nothing personal dude but I don't buy highlighted stuff above. Vince was in dyer straights and close....very close to losing his company. Bishoff was helbent on putting Vince out of business for good. A statement both made clear by both parties and confirmed by other wrestlers.

I read the court documents that stated exactly that, as there was a ton of legal stuff behind the scenes during that time.  I'm not saying that it wasn't planned to do the pull-out at the last second, etc... to try to get one up, I'm just stating what was in the legal briefs about it.

My personal take was that it was a win/win for Bisch.  He could get proven talent from VKM, publicity, etc.. and enhance his product.  VKM was desperate at the time, like you said his company was struggling big time.  What is interesting is to think, what if they went ahead with it as planned?  It could easily have ended up with VKM as the figure head an Bisch being the real CEO......opposite of what took place 10 yrs later.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2010, 06:41:48 AM »
I read the court documents that stated exactly that, as there was a ton of legal stuff behind the scenes during that time.  I'm not saying that it wasn't planned to do the pull-out at the last second, etc... to try to get one up, I'm just stating what was in the legal briefs about it.

My personal take was that it was a win/win for Bisch.  He could get proven talent from VKM, publicity, etc.. and enhance his product.  VKM was desperate at the time, like you said his company was struggling big time.  What is interesting is to think, what if they went ahead with it as planned?  It could easily have ended up with VKM as the figure head an Bisch being the real CEO......opposite of what took place 10 yrs later.
Even the Montreal Screwjob. The more I think about it the more I think it was a huge work. Warrior hit the nail on the head in a shoot interview when he said that the camara man was in the "right place" too many times and he caught too much "personal stuff" on camara.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2010, 06:43:03 AM »
Even the Montreal Screwjob. The more I think about it the more I think it was a huge work. Warrior hit the nail on the head in a shoot interview when he said that the camara man was in the "right place" too many times and he caught too much "personal stuff" on camara.

I agree.  How often during that time did VKM give that much access to anyone?  And on Bret's part A&E just "happened" to be doing that "wrestling with shadows" documentary?  Lots of coincidences. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2010, 06:53:57 AM »
I agree.  How often during that time did VKM give that much access to anyone?  And on Bret's part A&E just "happened" to be doing that "wrestling with shadows" documentary?  Lots of coincidences. 
Too many coincidences. Just too many.

And...at 6'plus & 240lbs, if Hart really did puch him hard, he would have dicapitated him and there would have been a HUGE lawsuit.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2010, 02:45:02 PM »

A higher up within Tuner's group confirmed it to me.

OLE BIG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2010, 02:46:00 PM »
Who you and someone else should have taken care of in a certain bathroom in Atlanta, GA.... ;D   Course that "someone" isn't much back-up..

As was proven on many different occasions.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2010, 02:57:48 PM »

I, too, have entertained that notion over the years.

Of course, all I’ve come up with are a bunch of hypotheticals:
  1.) Maybe it was an agreed upon arrangement to generate Bret (and, ultimately Vince) some much needed publicity & interest.
  2.) Maybe there were possible future plans between Vince & Bret being considered.
  3.) Maybe Owen’s accident nixed those plans.

I just find it hard to believe that Bret has kayfabed it all these years.
I would have expected him to abandon the work after Owen died.
Why continue working an angle with a man you legitimately hold responsible for your brother’s death.

All of these scenarios and questions have answers - I’m just uncertain if any of them entirely satisfy what is being asked.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2010, 08:03:19 AM »
Wow...wow....

I thought I heard it all but everytime I read a Cheftim wrestling post like the one above I can't help but wonder if he's 12yrs old.  ::)

marcie999

• Getbig III
  • History is written by buggers who weren't there
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2010, 04:06:47 PM »
Wow...wow....

I thought I heard it all but everytime I read a Cheftim wrestling post like the one above I can't help but wonder if he's 12yrs old.  ::)

Yep.

And I am seriously confuzzled by what that picture is. And the need to go bitch slap him if he is still driving under the influence.

:-X

On the Montreal Screwjob. Yeah it changed wrestling forever and cemented VKM as king, but it ended the era of wrestling with respect. Now a guy who had wrestled his heart out and put it on the line for a working career could have his legacy messed up by a promoter for a cheap pop and be remembered for being universally shafted and have everything else become a footnote.

Unforgivable.

>:(

Wrestling will never recover. There won't be another attitude era with legs because of all the shafting that has occured, and become par for the course since Montreal. Austin and the Rock are rare exceptions with the first ruining his body(taking him off the chess board) and the other leaving for greener pastures. The Wrestling environment hasn't allowed anything big enough to be created which could generate any heat at its being challenged. We expect the shaft, from top to bottom, so it's rarely a surprise when it comes these days. Anyone who gets tall enough for Vince to notice is going to end up in the ring puckering up while Vince drops his pants.

The legends are dead. All wrestling is generating now are survivors. Survivors who's bodies hold up for a decent enough run to leave their mark, and survivors of the arse smooching and politicking, who do what it takes to ensure they get their ugly disgusting mugs on my tv. As well as a bunch of useless divas who seem to be proliferating like gremlins in a rain storm. There isn't a single Miss Elizabeth among them.

I am not inspired anymore gentlemen.

Thank God my Dad taped some stuff and there are older tapes I can lose myself in.

Carry on.

Ripleeeyyyyyyyyyyy

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2010, 05:37:02 AM »

I agree, I think if WWE was smart they turn Cena heel, don't tease it..just do it! But they are very light on Faces right now. Maybe have him truly align with Wade Barrett, both kicking Nexus to the curb but to be done right, Cena would have to shit on the crowd and maybe build a new faction, Cena, Barrett and maybe Jericho......