Author Topic: Trader Joes Salmon Patties:  (Read 3024 times)

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Trader Joes Salmon Patties:
« on: December 14, 2006, 05:20:55 AM »
Go to trader joes and go to the meat section they have the freshest and the tastiest salmon patties.

Grill them up in a teflon pan with a smidge of olive oil and you got

25 protein grams, 1 fat gram, and 1000mg of omega's.

They are awsome cold.  Pick them up in the middle of the night with a little salt for

late night anabolic, muscle repairing snack.
Most are all show no go!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: Trader Joes Salmon Patties:
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006, 03:09:04 PM »
Go to trader joes and go to the meat section they have the freshest and the tastiest salmon patties.

Grill them up in a teflon pan with a smidge of olive oil and you got

25 protein grams, 1 fat gram, and 1000mg of omega's.

They are awsome cold.  Pick them up in the middle of the night with a little salt for

late night anabolic, muscle repairing snack.

One question, are they wild caught?  Second, what price?

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 09:33:13 AM »
Don't know if they are wild or farmed.  Its about $4.50 for a pack of four.  A great alternative to chicken breast.  They are better than whole foods patties.
Most are all show no go!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 09:53:54 AM »
Don't know if they are wild or farmed.  Its about $4.50 for a pack of four.  A great alternative to chicken breast.  They are better than whole foods patties.

If they're wild, I'm definitely going to pick some up.

barnabas

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 10:39:22 AM »
Trader Joes is an awesome place.  Definitely not your typical grocery store.  And it's much cheaper than I would have thought. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 10:28:20 AM »
No Trader Joe's around here  :'(

How many carbs per?  What are the ingredients?  I'm sure I could come up with my own recipe  :-\  Let's see... canned salmon, eggs (whites or beaters), maybe some high fiber bread (crumbs), seasoning... hmmm, I wonder if adding psyillium would work... :-\

I remember my mom making salmon patties back in the day.  The canned salmon had the skin and bones in it  :-X :-X :-X  You can still buy it that way (traditional style), but I can't get past the idea...  :-X :-X :-X
:

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 10:53:26 AM »
It has very very very low carbs.  I'll have to get the ingrediants.
Most are all show no go!

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 10:57:19 AM »
Cooking salmon always seems to be totally stinky. I made that mistake once... So much smoke, so much smell... How do you guys avoid that?

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 04:15:27 PM »
Cooking salmon always seems to be totally stinky. I made that mistake once... So much smoke, so much smell... How do you guys avoid that?

Lime juice when you cook fish.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 06:08:36 PM »
Preheat oven to 500 degreesGet a nonstick pan smokin hot, with a little (2tbs) olive oil in it
Put a salt and peppered salmon fillet with no skin in "don't splash yourself"
let it brown for 2-3 minutes "Keep the lid on pan open to let air out, but not any oil splash"
flip it over for 1 minute on other side only

You can cook all meat and chicken like this.  You get the best flavor with no dryness.
A pro chef stransfer to baking sheet "or leave in pan if pan is o.k for high heat baking" and put in preheated oven on 500 for 8-10 minutes

take out of oven put on lemon and 1 slice of unsalted butter.  "small small slice for taste only"howed me
increase baking time for thickness of meat or decrease if neseccary.

Do it, this is the best
way to brown and pull natural sugars to the meat surface, cook fast like at a fine restaraunt, with minimal fat.
Most are all show no go!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 09:18:37 PM »
No Trader Joe's around here  :'(

How many carbs per?  What are the ingredients?  I'm sure I could come up with my own recipe  :-\  Let's see... canned salmon, eggs (whites or beaters), maybe some high fiber bread (crumbs), seasoning... hmmm, I wonder if adding psyillium would work... :-\

I remember my mom making salmon patties back in the day.  The canned salmon had the skin and bones in it  :-X :-X :-X  You can still buy it that way (traditional style), but I can't get past the idea...  :-X :-X :-X

I decided to experiment tonight.  Did I mention that I really did care for salmon patties  :-\  Anyway,
I used 2 cans of boneless, skinless salmon, 1/4 C Southwestern flavor egg beater, 2 slices high fiber bread toasted and crumbed.  Smooshed it all together and formed into patties.  Cooked on the Foreman grill.  They turned out great, but I still didn't much care for them.  Maybe a little lemon juice would've helped.

Made 4 patties. 
Total recipe:
510 Cal /127.5 ea
13 fat / 3.25
31 carb 8 fiber / 5.75
64 protein / 16
: