Author Topic: To any britts in the room  (Read 1112 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
To any britts in the room
« on: January 03, 2007, 07:26:02 AM »
Hey guys, wandering if anyone knows of good mail order/online deals on weight gainers.

Iv been using maximuscle 'progain' the problem is if im taking it monday to friday (three times on gym days-monday wednesday and fridays....and twice on tuesdays and thursdays), then it only lasts like 2 weeks, so if im buying 2 tubbs a month it costs me £50.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: To any britts in the room
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 01:45:09 PM »

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 01:46:12 PM »

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 03:01:03 AM »
I was just pricing meal replecements (weight gainers, what ever u wanna call them).

As i said i take maximuscles 'progain' this contains 62grams carbs and 32 grams protein.
Just chaecked out Met-Rx, they have meal replacement that for 2 months would probs work out at the same price, but that has 26.39 grams of carbs......and 51.38 grams of protein.
So for anyone who doesnt know thats about 36 grams less carbs.....AND about 20 grams more protein.

Now i have failry high metabolism and am pretty active, but these are some of the best deals i could find for good numbers of protein/carbs etc aswell.
If u wer in me (fairly high metabolism/pretty active outside gym), which would u choose??

davie

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 03:04:48 AM »
I was just pricing meal replecements (weight gainers, what ever u wanna call them).

As i said i take maximuscles 'progain' this contains 62grams carbs and 32 grams protein.
Just chaecked out Met-Rx, they have meal replacement that for 2 months would probs work out at the same price, but that has 26.39 grams of carbs......and 51.38 grams of protein.
So for anyone who doesnt know thats about 36 grams less carbs.....AND about 20 grams more protein.

Now i have failry high metabolism and am pretty active, but these are some of the best deals i could find for good numbers of protein/carbs etc aswell.
If u wer in me (fairly high metabolism/pretty active outside gym), which would u choose??

davie

I'd dump the stupid MRs now and get some real food.

Brown rice with chicken breast and broccoli, prepared on the night before and put in tupperware containers.
Standing in the kitchen and preparing the food also burns off some calories.

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 03:31:55 AM »
You can also do crunches while the rice is boiling, or running on the spot
It hasn't helped...

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 03:34:52 AM »
You can also do crunches while the rice is boiling, or running on the spot

Nice idea. I'll try that tonight.  ;D

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 04:21:48 AM »
i said im really active wen not in gym ie i have rugby training twice a week+a gmae on saturdays, so that s why im taking meal replacements to get the extra calories etc.

I take one mid morninig with some food+i take one after gym instead of just a whey shake,then i take one b4 bed instead of whey shake.

I eat alot of whole food aswell, but need this as an extra.

So which one sounds better do u think????

davie

smaul

• Getbig IV
  • Lets build some hurting bombs!
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 11:37:50 PM »
I'd go with the bulkpowders.co.uk one because of the price.  Then you can adjust serving size and/or protein content by adding seperate whey.
It hasn't helped...

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 02:45:58 AM »
I'd go with the bulkpowders.co.uk one because of the price.  Then you can adjust serving size and/or protein content by adding seperate whey.

I not overly bothered about the price, its the protein/carb/fat contents of the two options i showed u that im trying to decide between.

Also im not wanting to add extra whey as that would then mean buying seperate stuff. Trying to keep this simple.
Im eating 5 meals a day, one of these meals also has shake in it+i have shake after training and just before bed.

I am most probably going to use one of the two products i showed u, but wud like opionions on which u one u wud choose.
I think id get more servings per month from met-rx.

davie

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 03:41:25 AM »
الاسلام هو شيطانية

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 02:08:52 AM »
Well i think iv got one for the moment.

I was in costco the other day and while maximuscle products sat around the £25 mark, i managed to get a great deal on weider muscle builder (no1 here really knows who weider is lol). £10 for 840g tubb, thats about 28 servings (just over a couple of weeks worth). So instead of spending £50 a month on maximuscle for 32 grams protein 62grams carbs. I can now spend £20 (mayb add more shakes and make it £30) a month, for 32 grams protein and 18 grams of carbs.

Each tubb will last me longer, and im saving £15 a tubb.

davie