Author Topic: Glutamine and Creatine at same time ok?  (Read 1025 times)

lilbg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Glutamine and Creatine at same time ok?
« on: January 18, 2007, 05:27:46 PM »
Ive started using Glutamine and Creatine along with a couple teaspoons of Gatorade powder mix.. is it ok to have both at the same time?  Didnt want to have anything canceling out the other.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Glutamine and Creatine at same time ok?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 05:29:43 AM »
Ive started using Glutamine and Creatine along with a couple teaspoons of Gatorade powder mix.. is it ok to have both at the same time?  Didnt want to have anything canceling out the other.

No problem.

Just have the gatorade 30 minutes after the creatine.

lilbg

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 01:17:04 PM »
I thought someone told me to take it with the gatorade powder.. main reason I got it.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 01:19:47 PM »
I thought someone told me to take it with the gatorade powder.. main reason I got it.

I quote myself on this one... again.  ;D ;D

that's nonsense.

Mix your creatine with WARM water, then drink your juice 30 minutes after that. AND don't drink apple juice!! apple juice has mainly fructose, which causes little to no insulin spike, depending on how much you drink. dextrose is fine.

Now, why would you drink your dextrose 30 minutes AFTER your creatine? Doesn't make sense?
Yes it does. Creatine takes a certain amount of time to be absorbed, dextrose is absorbed right away, starting in your mouth, while creatine will be absorbed by your intestines. So drinking it together will result in an immense insulin spike, (regarding the fact that most people use way too much dextrose, "too be on the safe side") which will come crashiing down after a few minutes.
Now the creatine arrives, but the insulin is long gone.
So, a timed consuption of carbs and creatine is better.
Eating a lot of cinnamon keeps insulin sensitivity high, so i would recommend in adding cinnamon to your diet instead of consuming more and more sugar to get the creatine to where it should be.

Any questions left?  ;) ;D ;D

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2007, 07:40:42 AM »
Man!  DonkeyKong sure loves that quote from himself!  It's a good quote though!

But I agree, Creatine & Glutamine do not compete for absorption.  If anything, Glutamine would help Creatine's absorption.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 08:32:13 AM »
Man!  DonkeyKong sure loves that quote from himself!  It's a good quote though!

But I agree, Creatine & Glutamine do not compete for absorption.  If anything, Glutamine would help Creatine's absorption.

Well, it's kind of pointless to write the stuff again everythime the question gets asked.  ;D