Author Topic: Trader Joes SUX  (Read 1168 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Trader Joes SUX
« on: August 25, 2007, 11:28:36 AM »
There are only 2 in my state.  The closest one is 26 miles away.  They have no intention of opening any more around here for at least 2-3 years if at all.  >:(
:

copacetic

• Getbig II
Re: Trader Joes SUX
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 02:04:55 PM »
my mom loves that place i went with her one time i didn't really understand the big hububb........cept for they did have very nice prices on some things......milk was only like 3.19 instead of 3.60 or something they seemed to have a lot of prepared foods and i didn't really get into the meat too much i have a can of their tuna sitting in my fridge still haven't eaten it...........

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 02:07:15 PM »
It's where I get my Buffalo burgers

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 12:26:44 PM »
I find occasional deals on supplements and their store brand protein powders aren't bad.  Also I buy my Ezekiel bread there. 

There are many, many Trader Joe's in So.Cal.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 03:32:56 PM »
There are only 2 in my state.  The closest one is 26 miles away.  They have no intention of opening any more around here for at least 2-3 years if at all.  >:(
i get their catalogs in the mail and every time i look through it i drool the stuff sounds so good, i saw a little description for their Sweet Potato Chips that sounded incredible, there's one about 3 miles from me.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 07:46:20 PM »
i get their catalogs in the mail and every time i look through it i drool the stuff sounds so good, i saw a little description for their Sweet Potato Chips that sounded incredible, there's one about 3 miles from me.

I ALMOST bought some when I was there, but didn't give into temptation, knowing I'd eat the entire bag on the way home.  I might have to make another trip  :D  Had some Cajun salmon this weekend.  It was awesome.  I'm about halfway through a jar of their peanut butter, which I'm not crazy about (too runny).  Their prices are great.  Can't beat the 2 buck Chuck  ;)
:

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 08:02:53 PM »
They had some great Valencia Peanut PB when I went there awhile ago, it was wonderful. 

They also have reasonable prices on most everything without the hormones/injections/added salts.  When I cut sodium on a diet I will buy lots of their chicken, its a little dry but very clean.
Jennifer

johnnyx

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2007, 10:58:57 PM »
I find occasional deals on supplements and their store brand protein powders aren't bad.  Also I buy my Ezekiel bread there. 

There are many, many Trader Joe's in So.Cal.

Ezekiel bread is the best bread at the store!!  "Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils, and millets, and spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make bread of it..." Ezekiel 4:9

Though if you get the low sodium type, you better eat it fast. It will be moldy in a few days!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 11:00:03 PM »
Ezekiel bread is the best bread at the store!!  "Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils, and millets, and spelt, and put them in one vessel, and make bread of it..." Ezekiel 4:9

Though if you get the low sodium type, you better eat it fast. It will be moldy in a few days!

Keep in the fridge or freezer.
:

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2007, 05:32:33 AM »
They also have reasonable prices on most everything without the hormones/injections/added salts.  When I cut sodium on a diet I will buy lots of their chicken, its a little dry but very clean.

The grocery stores here sell chicken normally without that crap injected in it.  Don't have to look for it any other way.  :-\