Author Topic: today is a carb up day  (Read 1764 times)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
today is a carb up day
« on: October 31, 2007, 05:54:51 AM »
two weeks of absolutely zero carbs.

carb up day...but im doing it with really low carb foods. so i get to eat alot!

for example...   

splenda!-for my pancakes, pudding, pie, and just about everythign!..dietary insignificant amount of carbs

whole unprocessed bran- for my pancakes, and for a pie crust... which contains 11 grams of arbs per serving, 9 of which are fiber.

cool whip free- for my pancakes, pie, and pudding..contains 3 grams carbs, one of which is sugar per two tablespoons

sugar free chocalate syrup- for my pie or pudding or  pancakes or just by itself! haha....contains 5 grams of carbs, 3 of which are sucralose(which i believe is unabsorbable?) per two tablsepoons

sugar free maple syrup- contains 3 grams of carbs per 1/4 cup!...for my pancakes!..

white chocolate and vanilla pudding mixes- contain 6 grams of carbs per serving!...for just straight up pudding, and for a pudding pie!

half and half- for my pudding, cereal, pancakes, and pie crust!...contains zero fat and 3 grams of carbs

quaker weight smart oatmeal- 29 grams carbs, 8 of which are fiber, one of which are sugar. i love this sh*t! i can mix a little bit into my pancake mix with the bran...or just eat it plaIN. I LOVE IT JUST PLAIN WITH A LITTLE BIT OF HOT WATER THOUGH (f**king caps)

bran cereal- awesome looking cereal i found in the store while shopping for tomorrows extravaganza... it has 25 grams of carbs per 1/2 cup, 15 of which are fiber, one of which is sugar! no fat , two grams protein!

vegetables, vegetables, vegetables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh how i miss vegetables! iw ill be eating a bunch of red and yellow bell peppers and onions and jalapeno's and carrots!!

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
Re: today is a carb up day
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 06:16:45 AM »
two weeks of absolutely zero carbs.

carb up day...but im doing it with really low carb foods. so i get to eat alot!

for example...   

splenda!-for my pancakes, pudding, pie, and just about everythign!..dietary insignificant amount of carbs

whole unprocessed bran- for my pancakes, and for a pie crust... which contains 11 grams of arbs per serving, 9 of which are fiber.

cool whip free- for my pancakes, pie, and pudding..contains 3 grams carbs, one of which is sugar per two tablespoons

sugar free chocalate syrup- for my pie or pudding or  pancakes or just by itself! haha....contains 5 grams of carbs, 3 of which are sucralose(which i believe is unabsorbable?) per two tablsepoons

sugar free maple syrup- contains 3 grams of carbs per 1/4 cup!...for my pancakes!..

white chocolate and vanilla pudding mixes- contain 6 grams of carbs per serving!...for just straight up pudding, and for a pudding pie!

half and half- for my pudding, cereal, pancakes, and pie crust!...contains zero fat and 3 grams of carbs

quaker weight smart oatmeal- 29 grams carbs, 8 of which are fiber, one of which are sugar. i love this sh*t! i can mix a little bit into my pancake mix with the bran...or just eat it plaIN. I LOVE IT JUST PLAIN WITH A LITTLE BIT OF HOT WATER THOUGH (f**king caps)

bran cereal- awesome looking cereal i found in the store while shopping for tomorrows extravaganza... it has 25 grams of carbs per 1/2 cup, 15 of which are fiber, one of which is sugar! no fat , two grams protein!

vegetables, vegetables, vegetables!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh how i miss vegetables! iw ill be eating a bunch of red and yellow bell peppers and onions and jalapeno's and carrots!!

Does your girlfirend have afro pubes or cornrow pubes

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 06:17:28 AM »
your body will hold and metabolise splenda, use stevia it is natural and calorie free. youll have a nice bloating carryover from all the carbs
A

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 07:31:29 AM »
IMO...

2 weeks at ZERO carbs is not a good diet for you....

Aceto's gots some good books you might wanna look into....

Your metabolism is dead right now and probably not burning anything but the protein you eat and your own muscle.  Carbs in your body help burn the fat....seriously rethink your diet.  Just my opinion though

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 07:37:09 AM »
IMO...

2 weeks at ZERO carbs is not a good diet for you....

Aceto's gots some good books you might wanna look into....

Your metabolism is dead right now and probably not burning anything but the protein you eat and your own muscle.  Carbs in your body help burn the fat....seriously rethink your diet.  Just my opinion though
your statement would be 100% accurate if my fat intake was at zero as well. but i supplement with over 400 calories of healthy efa's everyday. that, along with the around 100-200 calories of fat i get from the meat i eat prevent muscle tissue breakdown and promote stored body fat usage. its callEd KETOSIS.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 07:42:23 AM »
and i bet you've been far into ketosis now for awhile, which isn't good

youre not gonna burn any fat in this type of diet....(after a few days)

you need some carbs to ignite the fat burning process.........your high fat intake may starve off some cannabalism thats going on, but in the long run you're better off with a higher carb intake...and don't think youre higher fat thing will help you lose weight, cause it wont.

old school saying...fat burns in the furnace of carbohydrate

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 07:47:48 AM »
and i bet you've been far into ketosis now for awhile, which isn't good

youre not gonna burn any fat in this type of diet....(after a few days)

you need some carbs to ignite the fat burning process.........your high fat intake may starve off some cannabalism thats going on, but in the long run you're better off with a higher carb intake...and don't think youre higher fat thing will help you lose weight, cause it wont.

old school saying...fat burns in the furnace of carbohydrate
in the long run i agree with you. but your wrong that fat loss wont result from a ketogenic diet.  i see noticeable differences in bodyfat% everyday i am on this diet. for the first time in my life i can see my abs clearly without having to "part the waters' (push down the fat). and my muscles seem to be growing harder and not losing any size as i diet...which makes sense because numerous studies have shown a high protein moderate fat low carb diet to be very anabolic and promote hypertrophy,

and the saying comes from arnold. its not fat, it was "protein burns in the furnace of the carbohydrate". but, what he really meant was that it burns in the furnace of another energy source. fat works just as well as carbs do.

thank you for being constructive with your critisicm though; i do appreciate that.

BigCypriate

• Getbig IV
  • F****n Peasants!
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2007, 07:49:33 AM »
your statement would be 100% accurate if my fat intake was at zero as well. but i supplement with over 400 calories of healthy efa's everyday. that, along with the around 100-200 calories of fat i get from the meat i eat prevent muscle tissue breakdown and promote stored body fat usage. its callEd KETOSIS.

what coltrane is saying is true candidizzle, what you are basically doing is a more fancy version of the crash diet/short term atkins diets that the women do in my office. What will happen is when you have the high carb day your body WILL store as much as it can as fat because the body is worried that you will repeat the same cycle (which you are probably going to do anyway). You are also messing around with your thyroid gland doing this diet.

What I suggest is keep up the high EFA's but add 30-50g of carbs a day, and reduce your low carb cycle to 7 days with one high carb day and repeat.

This will keep your metabolism at a healthy fat burning rate, and will not crash after a couple of weeks.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2007, 07:50:28 AM »
with all respect man, you need to go back to the drawing board.  

Are there any guys that compete where you workout at?  Like any SERIOUS bb's?  Ask them their advice.  They know best.  At this point i'm throwing my hands up.  Good luck

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 01:41:14 PM »

old school saying...fat burns in the furnace of carbohydrate\\

I think it's "flame" (not furnace)  ;D
and it's still being used in current text   :-*

wshort term atkins diets that the women do in my office. You are also messing around with your thyroid gland doing this diet.

What these women don't realize is that they are screwing themselves up permantently by doing that (not men so much).  Science has shown that "yo-yo dieting" (as little as 10-15 lbs) repeatedly lost and gained over adulthood results in a permanently messed up metabolism.
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 01:42:54 PM »
with all respect man, you need to go back to the drawing board. 

Are there any guys that compete where you workout at?  Like any SERIOUS bb's?  Ask them their advice.  They know best.  At this point i'm throwing my hands up.  Good luck

Could I offer you one of these?
:

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 08:51:39 AM »
damn i ate alot of food yesterday.

a huge stack of pancakes in the morning, an entire box of cereal throughout the day, two boxes of pudding, about 8 chicken lettuce bellbepper hot sauce tortilla wraps, a couple bags full of homemade pumpkin seeds, two cups of jello, a big ass salad, 10 brazil nuts, a cuple handfuls o cashews, and soem roast beef.

i worked all of it off after i ate it...wal;ked all the way to the gym and back for my chets workout, did a bunch of cardio intermittenly throughout the day, went tback tothe gym later on last night for abs then some h.i.t. cardio, ten before i went to sleep another 45 minutes cardio on the stationary bike..

no carry over at all today.

:)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 10:44:55 AM »
monster feast!

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 03:54:09 PM »
coltrane,
So are you anti Carb loading or just not in jive with his schedule of loadup?

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 07:25:08 AM »
coltrane,
So are you anti Carb loading or just not in jive with his schedule of loadup?

no, i do the whole carbo load thing, but i have a good amount of carbs on "low carb" days....
i run about 4 or 5 days at about 300-350 grams of carbs, then 2 days of lowered carbs at about 150 grams, then a day of about 100 grams...

I've done the super low carb diet for long stretches, followed by the 1-2 days of super high carbs....it works for only so long, as your metabolism becomes nonexistent. 

This diet i do now is nice...i stay big and full, vascular, strong, and bodyfat decreases at the same time bc their are always carbs stoking my metabolism to burn fat.  Green veggies are a must. (side note)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 11:52:35 AM »
no, i do the whole carbo load thing, but i have a good amount of carbs on "low carb" days....
i run about 4 or 5 days at about 300-350 grams of carbs, then 2 days of lowered carbs at about 150 grams, then a day of about 100 grams...

I've done the super low carb diet for long stretches, followed by the 1-2 days of super high carbs....it works for only so long, as your metabolism becomes nonexistent. 

This diet i do now is nice...i stay big and full, vascular, strong, and bodyfat decreases at the same time bc their are always carbs stoking my metabolism to burn fat.  Green veggies are a must. (side note)

the problem with your "low carb diet" is just that...its "low carb", that is idiotic. you NEED a good amount of an energy source throughout the day. like you said, a big lack of an energy source KILLS your metabolism. if your going to limmit carbs, you need to raise fats, but in order for you body to use fats, you really need to be at ZERO carbs...

while dieting, it only makes sense to have your body using fats for fuel. because that is what your goal is= BURN FAT!...if you diet on carbs, your bod has to switch over to fat after the carbs are all used up, then it will burn up any ingested fats, then it will go over to stored body fat. which is a much longer and less effective method tha having your body using ingested fats for energy, and then once they are used up diving right into body fat stores.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 12:15:08 PM »
candizzle,

i've done both.  i've talked to many real bb about it....what they suggest thru trial and error..i've read a lot on the subject.

if you wanna cut up correctly WHILE MAINTAINING most of your quality muscle that you've built, do it this way.

the way you're doing is will sacrifice much muscle.  Your body will burn fat....but it only burns so fast, which is when your body will look to the muscle..     trust me man....

WhiteHulk4

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 01:47:33 PM »
What will happen is when you have the high carb day your body WILL store as much as it can as fat because the body is worried that you will repeat the same cycle (which you are probably going to do anyway).

You're 1,000% wrong with this statement!  More like 1,000,000% wrong!

Your body stores carbohydrates much like a gas tank.  And if you over-fill the tank, then you start storing the excess "fuel" as fat.  However, if you let your tank run on empty, your body has to switch to the next available fuel source - FAT!

Now, if your "carb fuel tank" has been empty for 2 weeks, how long do you think it's going to take to fill it ALL THE WAY back up again?  You'd have to eat an assload of carbs in a single day to over-fill the tank.  And even if you over-fill the tank on that one day, your MUSCLES are going to suck it all up!  Not your fat stores.

That's why just about every single Cyclical Ketogenic Diet out there recommends a TWO DAY carb up!  Because you simply can't FULLY carb load in one day.  So for dieting purposes, what Candidizzle is doing with a one day carb-up; is right on the money.  Because the possibility for fat storage from the excess carbs in one day, is virtually impossible.

Note to Candidizzle: DUDE!  You didn't have nearly enough fun on your carb up day!  You don't need to worry about SPLENDA!  It's a CARB-UP day not a SPLENDA-UP day!!!  By the way, now that you've got the first 2 weeks under your belt.  You can move up to a weekly carb-day.  Good luck!

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 04:28:46 PM »
Great analogy White Hulk.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 06:53:44 PM »

Note to Candidizzle: DUDE!  You didn't have nearly enough fun on your carb up day!  You don't need to worry about SPLENDA!  It's a CARB-UP day not a SPLENDA-UP day!!!  By the way, now that you've got the first 2 weeks under your belt.  You can move up to a weekly carb-day.  Good luck!
hahaha. yeah, i was really scared of the carb up though....i didnt want to have any storage going on. but now, two days since the carb up and zero carbs both days, my body has responded awesomely , and i feel like the fat is coming off twice as fast as it was before. my next carb up day i will not cheat myself, and im going to a chinese buffet and getting some pork fried rice!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
candizzle,

i've done both.  i've talked to many real bb about it....what they suggest thru trial and error..i've read a lot on the subject.

Too few people actually do this. Most are too busy doing what everyone else is doing. I think copying others can be a good start but you need to figure out what works for you & you alone.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 07:59:06 PM »
Too few people actually do this. Most are too busy doing what everyone else is doing. I think copying others can be a good start but you need to figure out what works for you & you alone.

what do you think the average time should be spent on trying different things to find out what works best? 

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2007, 06:42:22 AM »
what do you think the average time should be spent on trying different things to find out what works best? 

IMO - about a month (4-5 weeks). I think about then you can tell if somethings working or not. That's usually how I tweak my workout & diet & such.

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 04:10:32 PM »
IMO - about a month (4-5 weeks). I think about then you can tell if somethings working or not. That's usually how I tweak my workout & diet & such.

thanks

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2007, 02:39:44 PM »

What's with the being a know it all? ::) If you were a true know it all, zero carbs for that long would not be a part of your routine-fats or no fats. ::)