Author Topic: tips on getting shredded as possible within a week  (Read 2205 times)

Zac--

• Getbig II
tips on getting shredded as possible within a week
« on: August 15, 2008, 10:56:38 AM »
long story short I'm going to be doing a photo shoot and need to look as ripped as possible within a week.  i know its not going to take a week to get me down to 6-7 percent bodyfat, granted, but i was wondering if there are any tricks I can do to help bring out cuts better through altering my diet/training.  I've been training abs 3-4x a week already and eating lots and lots of protein, low carbs, and decent amount of fats.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Re: tips on getting shredded as possible within a week
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2008, 11:07:09 AM »
go post on disgusteds thread on the positive board its stickied there, he probably can give u a good answer

Purge_WTF

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2008, 05:15:24 PM »
  Taraxatone.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 12:25:27 AM »
Training abs that much is just going to smooth you out.  Dandelion and Tuna are you new best friends.

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »
Well you dont have much time to acutally burn andy significant fat so you should try carb depleting for 4 or 5 days, then carb loading for the last 48-72 hours.  Ya know kinda like a pro does before a contest.  Keep the sodium at moderate level around 2400 mg per day and potassium up around 3500 mg per day.  This will help you water balance.  Also drink enough water but maybe cut back the last 12 hours or so.

And yes taraxatone, dandelion, any other diuretic combination will likely help.  At this point I'd just shoot for a full, dry look. 

CHEVEN

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 07:27:20 PM »
A week! Its just a matter of dropping water to look leaner.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 07:49:38 PM »
A week! Its just a matter of dropping water to look leaner.

Wouldn't that simply make him bloat? I find when I'm dehydrated, ...I bloat like Shamu the killer whale.  :-\
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 02:43:21 AM »
long story short I'm going to be doing a photo shoot and need to look as ripped as possible within a week.  i know its not going to take a week to get me down to 6-7 percent bodyfat, granted, but i was wondering if there are any tricks I can do to help bring out cuts better through altering my diet/training.  I've been training abs 3-4x a week already and eating lots and lots of protein, low carbs, and decent amount of fats.

You can't lose more than 5 lbs of real fat in a week unless you are using beta-agonists, so sorry about that. The best way to look shredded in a week is by Sodium and water restriction, which makes subcutaneous water to decrease thus improving muscular defintion. Remember that your muscular definition is impared not only by the layer of fat under the skin, but also by the layer of water that is also there. While losing lots of fat in a week is impossible, losing a lot of water is not.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

frankpt

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 05:03:11 AM »
There is no way at all to get shredded in a week. Losing bodyfat takes time. Being a bodybuilder or even an a person who works out regularly should know this.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 11:07:07 AM »
buy yourself a shredder and stick your hand into it!  ;D