Author Topic: Tired Of Eating  (Read 1322 times)

BatistaSL

• Getbig II
  • Whatever doesn't kill me, Makes me Stronger!
Tired Of Eating
« on: February 03, 2009, 01:19:02 AM »
It's 3.00Pm and In front of me is the 4th meal of the day. It's Brown rice, Dhaal,Spanish and chicken breast. Nice ha...Not really after you have already eaten the same stuff 4 times before.

I work at a office and I have to cook it before 6 and pack and come to work. This meal at 3.00pm is the hardest. It just wont go down the throat.

Just wanted to vent.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
Re: Tired Of Eating
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 02:32:38 PM »
Maybe you need to change your diet up some. Of course this is coming from the same guy who eats pretty much the same thing five days a week (except lately  :'( ).

BatistaSL

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 04:50:43 PM »
Maybe you need to change your diet up some. Of course this is coming from the same guy who eats pretty much the same thing five days a week (except lately  :'( ).

yeap, sad isn't it. So many tasty things to eat and look at us.  Gonna eat anyway if it makes me bigger!! ;D

suckmymuscle

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 02:00:07 PM »
It's 3.00Pm and In front of me is the 4th meal of the day. It's Brown rice, Dhaal,Spanish and chicken breast. Nice ha...Not really after you have already eaten the same stuff 4 times before.

I work at a office and I have to cook it before 6 and pack and come to work. This meal at 3.00pm is the hardest. It just wont go down the throat.

Just wanted to vent.

Oh brother, I wish I had your "problem"...

SUCKMYMUSCLE

The Jayhawker

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 06:37:56 AM »
I stopped the 6 meals a day routine a few months ago. Personally I think it's a fad. I can't find any evidence that it's the eating more frequent that helps you lose weight over just eating healthier.

When you go from McDonald's three times a day to fruits and vegetables six times a day, it's not the six times a day that making you lose weight.
J

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 07:29:39 AM »
I stopped the 6 meals a day routine a few months ago. Personally I think it's a fad. I can't find any evidence that it's the eating more frequent that helps you lose weight over just eating healthier.

When you go from McDonald's three times a day to fruits and vegetables six times a day, it's not the six times a day that making you lose weight.
fruits and vegetables only ?  :-X

The Jayhawker

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 10:44:06 AM »
fruits and vegetables only ?  :-X

No you should of course have some protein mixed it. But that wasn't the point. From what I've seen, the people that lose the most weight the fastest when switching to a six meal a day program also switched from eating very poor foods to much healthier foods. It's most likely the better foods that are causing the weight loss.
J

docroc

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 11:50:15 PM »
No you should of course have some protein mixed it. But that wasn't the point. From what I've seen, the people that lose the most weight the fastest when switching to a six meal a day program also switched from eating very poor foods to much healthier foods. It's most likely the better foods that are causing the weight loss.

By eating 6 moderate meals a day creates the basal metabolic rate of one's body to go up, thus burning more calories.  And hopefully we all know that its about burning more calories than putting in that creates weight loss.  Yes, eating healthier foods with moderate fat during a bulking diet is also very important, eating more meals a day helps as well.  It's not a "FAD", it's basic human anatomy.   

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2009, 06:37:01 AM »

By eating 6 moderate meals a day creates the basal metabolic rate of one's body to go up, thus burning more calories.  And hopefully we all know that its about burning more calories than putting in that creates weight loss.  Yes, eating healthier foods with moderate fat during a bulking diet is also very important, eating more meals a day helps as well.  It's not a "FAD", it's basic human anatomy.   
more meals doesnt necessarily mean an increase in metabolism. 

whether one is eating 3 meals or 6 meals per day, daily intake of the three macros should still be equal on eather eating plan. since meal frequency is not related at all to metabolic hormones such as t3, and since thermogensis from feeding is related to total food intake(mainly protein intake), not frequency of intake.... daily energy output would be about equal whether its 3,4,5,6,7 meals per day

The Jayhawker

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2009, 06:49:15 AM »

TBOMBZ beat me to the punch.

I'm not saying that six meals a day won't work for people. Everyone different, but it would be tough to sell a "eat fruits and vegetables" diet. Everyone already knows it. But eating six meals a day has only been popular for that last 5-6 years. Now that's something you can sell.

I have been following the "Warrior Diet". I know that name is corny but I like having very small snacks throughout the day and a solid dinner before bed. It works for me but it's not for everyone.

J

Christopher Belinksky

• Getbig III
  • The Coach loves sticky studs!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 12:08:29 AM »
more meals doesnt necessarily mean an increase in metabolism. 

whether one is eating 3 meals or 6 meals per day, daily intake of the three macros should still be equal on eather eating plan. since meal frequency is not related at all to metabolic hormones such as t3, and since thermogensis from feeding is related to total food intake(mainly protein intake), not frequency of intake.... daily energy output would be about equal whether its 3,4,5,6,7 meals per day

number of meals is absolutely irrelevant, all that matters is total calories at the end of the day.

BatistaSL

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 08:20:07 PM »

Bro...I am Not tring to lose weight here...Just trying to put on the weight... ;)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 09:29:23 PM »
number of meals is absolutely irrelevant, all that matters is total calories at the end of the day.
yes and no.

BatistaSL

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2009, 09:30:11 PM »

Agreed..Still I find it not practical to eat My daily caloric requirement by Three good meals. I am obliged to do so because I tend to store Additional calories as fat more(compared to other persons)

BatistaSL

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2009, 09:30:44 PM »
yes and no.

Nice way of putting it. ;)