Author Topic: too much protien?  (Read 1444 times)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
too much protien?
« on: August 08, 2006, 06:24:08 AM »
you think their might be such a thing? I know that your body will only use so much...and anything excess will turn to fat and give you the nastiest farts this side of a paper mill. 

Right now i'm taking in about 200 grams a day..and i'm just starting to not be able to digest it all. You know what i'm talking about...those farts that'll turn a glass of milk to cheese that's inside the same room as you. So now i've cut it down to about 140-150 and I dont' have them anymore. My gains are still going up and i'm still growing. BUT...here's the kicker, I weigh 210lbs again.

Are people finding the usual suggested 1 or 2 grams per pound of bodyweight over kill?!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
Re: too much protien?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 08:30:46 AM »
No.  But I'm also carefully dividing up my 260-300g daily protein intake over 10-12 feedings, drinking 2-3 gallons of water per day, and taking acidophilus and papaya/bromelain caps daily.

TNTBOOM

• Getbig III
  • die or diet
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 08:35:50 AM »
No.  But I'm also carefully dividing up my 260-300g daily protein intake over 10-12 feedings, drinking 2-3 gallons of water per day, and taking acidophilus and papaya/bromelain caps daily.
what kind of work do you do?
i cant see myself eating 10-12 times a day and drinking more than 1.5 gallon of water a day
while gettign the rest of my life done
 :-\

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 09:36:10 AM »
TEXAS,
What are your sources of protein?  I get atleast 150 (but normally more then that) grams a day and I am only 125 pounds.  I don't have any gas since I switched to high quality protein and food sources.  You may have a bit of a food allergy...When you were getting more protein did you incorprate any other forms that you are no longer using?

If you are still making gains and have energy you are probably ok but your intake does seem a little low.  If you can't put any more into your diet and stay comfortable I would definitely increase your good fats.
Jennifer

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 09:40:42 AM »
chicken, tuna, and optimum whey...

I just at 4 chicken breasts in a 4 hour period..i'll have dinner and whatever that entails..and usually my shakes are about 40-60 grams a pop twice a day...

I eat about five times a day usually...

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 10:32:51 AM »
what kind of work do you do?
i cant see myself eating 10-12 times a day and drinking more than 1.5 gallon of water a day
while gettign the rest of my life done
 :-\

I am an attorney.  I have a very structured office regimen which includes several different liquid forms of protein (RTDs, protein shakes and brewers yeast) as well as 2 solid feedings while at work (canned tuna).  At home, there is time to concentrate more on solid foods.  At night, having a cup of low fat cottage cheese at the side of the bed or liver tabs/aminos makes it easy to eat when getting up to go to the bathroom.  Water, 4 32 oz bottles at work, 4 the rest of the day (minimum) at prescribed intervals.

It takes some planning and trial and error, but eventually the routine becomes set to the point where it is self-executing and offers minimal interference with work or home life.

blondmusclhunk

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 10:37:35 AM »
If you are working out hard you will need the 1-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight.  i take in a little over 240 grams a day.  No gas really but I think yogurt which I have two servings of a day may account for that.  If you have that much gas maybe you need a different sourced of protein.  A good whey protein is all that's needed.  Protein powders that have a lot of calories in them could stimualte gas production.  Stay away from weight gainers!!!

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 11:02:15 AM »
If you are working out hard you will need the 1-2 grams of protein per pound of body weight.  i take in a little over 240 grams a day.  No gas really but I think yogurt which I have two servings of a day may account for that.  If you have that much gas maybe you need a different sourced of protein.  A good whey protein is all that's needed.  Protein powders that have a lot of calories in them could stimualte gas production.  Stay away from weight gainers!!!

By the way, if you're not a big fan of yogurt, the acidophilus caps provide the same "good" bacteria to your gut and are inexpensive.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 11:45:42 AM »
More than 1.5g per pound is overkill I think.