Author Topic: Obama at $5k a plate fundraiser: "We can't have perpetual campaigns" - LMFAO!!!  (Read 347 times)

wild willie

• Getbig V
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/04/obama-san-francisco-fundraiser_n_3011459.html#comments

LMFAO!!!!
this is a total joke......this fella won't quit......he drives me out of my mind! how about the stunt he pulled with the denver police dept?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
He is getting slammed even at HP over this w a few obama slaves here or there defending him. 

As for CO - the man is a complete joke and scam artist.  I almost fell out of my chair listening to his bs. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
this is a total joke......this fella won't quit......he drives me out of my mind! how about the stunt he pulled with the denver police dept?

Obama: Gun Control Won't Lead to Confiscation Because 'I Am Constrained by a System Our Founders
 The Blaze ^ | 4/3/13 | Jason Howerton

Posted on Wednesday, April 03, 2013 9:58:38 PM by Nachum

DENVER (TheBlaze/AP) — Ratcheting up pressure for Congress to limit access to guns, President Barack Obama said Wednesday that recent steps by Colorado to tighten its gun laws show “there doesn’t have to be a conflict” between keeping citizens safe and protecting Second Amendment rights to gun ownership.

“I believe there doesn’t have to be a conflict in reconciling these realities,” Obama said in Denver, where he stepped up his call for background checks for all gun purchases and renewed his demand that Congress at least vote on banning assault weapons and limiting access to large-capacity ammunition magazines.

The president dismissed gun owners’ concerns that gun control legislation could be a stepping stone to gun confiscation in the U.S., saying “I am constrained by a system our founders put in place.”

(Excerpt) Read more at theblaze.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama: Nancy Pelosi “Tough As Nails,” “Never Lets Ideology Cloud Her Judgement”…

What planet is he living on? She’s the biggest partisan hack in Congress.

Obama praises ‘tough as nails’ Pelosi at California fundraiser — CNN

(CNN) - Rep. Nancy Pelosi is a “visionary” leader who “never lets ideology cloud her judgment,” President Barack Obama told a crowd of donors in San Francisco Wednesday evening.

Obama is in the Golden State on the first fundraising swing of his second term, kicking off a series of events that will gather money for Congressional Democrats looking to regain control of the House in 2014.

At two events Wednesday in the Bay Area, Obama reiterated the goals he spelled out during his inauguration address in January, including a push for comprehensive immigration reform. He said he expected an immigration reform measure to be passed “over the next couple of months” during his first reception in San Francisco.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Didnt the campaign season just end? Why is he out fundraising already? Isn't there other shit that needs to be taken care of?

Hell, I wouldn't give a shit if he was on vacation... but fundraising? Really?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Didnt the campaign season just end? Why is he out fundraising already? Isn't there other shit that needs to be taken care of?

Hell, I wouldn't give a shit if he was on vacation... but fundraising? Really?

Its like a country is threatening us w nukes or anything right? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama Says ‘We Can’t Have Perpetual Campaigns’…at Pricy (Up to $34,200 Per Ticket) San Francisco Fundraiser

Apr. 4, 2013 11:03am

Madeleine Morgenstern

President Barack Obama waves from the top of the steps of Air Force One at San Francisco International Airport in San Francisco, Wednesday, April 3, 2013. Obama will be attending Democratic fundraisers while in California. (AP)

President Barack Obama on Wednesday bemoaned the “perpetual campaigns” being waged between him and the Republicans, from an exclusive Democratic fundraiser in San Francisco that cost up to $34,200 to attend.

“My intention here is to try to get as much done with the Republican Party over the next two years as I can, because we can’t have perpetual campaigns,” Obama said at a private home to benefit the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee. “And so I mean what I say. I am looking to find areas of common ground with Republicans every single day” including on a long term fiscal deal, immigration reform and more gun control legislation.

Obama praised House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) as a courageous leader whom he wants back as House speaker. Pelosi was in attendance and also spoke at the event.

“Despite all the rhetoric on television, I actually believe that Americans have a lot more in common than our political rhetoric would give us credit for,” Obama said. “But having said all that, I know Nancy Pelosi. I’ve seen her courage. I know that she is willing to do the right thing, even when it’s not politically popular. And I want her once again as a fully empowered partner for us to be able to move our agenda forward.”

Obama spoke to about 100 people, where ticket prices ranged from $5,000 to the $34,200 price tag, a Democratic official said.

He spoke at a second event later in the evening where tickets cost $32,400. They were Obama’s first DCCC fundraisers for the 2014 election cycle.