Author Topic: Severe Cocaine Addiction Gives Convicted Steroid Dealer Shorter Sentence  (Read 891 times)

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
A severe cocaine addiction helped a convicted steroid dealer obtain a more lenient sentence against the objections of Acting United States Attorney Nora Dannehy according to court documents. United States District Judge Mark R. Kravitz shortened the prison sentence of Edwin Porter (operator of Medline Pharmaceuticals sold via Anabolic-Superstore.com) since his “severe addiction to cocaine undoubtedly contributed to Defendant’s poor judgment” of conspiring to distribute anabolic steroids.

Edwin Porter completed a six month inpatient drug treatment program at Recovery House Inc. as a condition of his bond followed by another six months of weekly outpatient substance abuse counseling at Southwest Behavioral Clinic. Consequently, Judge Kravitz granted Porter a downward departure of six months from the Government’s sentencing recommendations of 30-37 months such that Porter was sentenced to 22 months imprisonment at facility that offers a Residential Drug and Alcohol Abuse Program.

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Re: Severe Cocaine Addiction Gives Convicted Steroid Dealer Shorter Sentence
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 11:08:54 PM »
if all the words are bold I am at a loss as to which words you want to emphasize or deemphasize...wolfgang what do you want me to do.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 12:42:09 AM »
That's REALLY odd.  Kind of like letting a drunk driver off the hook for being drunk when he decided to get behind the wheel and subsequently maimed or killed someone.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 01:43:20 AM »
That's REALLY odd.  Kind of like letting a drunk driver off the hook for being drunk when he decided to get behind the wheel and subsequently maimed or killed someone.

Maybe he spilled over...

Judges are dumb, in germany we had a 19 year old guy who beat a 50 year old to death go on probation because his gf was pregnant. They called it a "promising social integration probability".
Now he's in jail because he nearly beat someone to death just a few weeks after the trial.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 07:30:57 AM »
I know a guy who got busted with huge amount of blow, ectasy, ketamine, vicodin, oxycodone and anything else you can think of ( including roids). He already had a criminal record. He got 6 months in boot camp ( not prison) because he claimed he had a substance abuse problem and his girlfriend with pregnant ( he got her pregnant on purpose while awaiting trial)-- So now he goes to a drug treatment program ( not jail) and after a few months he goes to boot camp- gets in shape and then comes home and leads a normal law abiding life. Having a good lawyer= makes all the difference

Millard Baker

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 11:43:21 AM »
he had a decent lawyer.

Yep - the attorney used the "extraordinary rehabilitation" defense since his client suffered a lifetime of addiction to cocaine and steroids.

(@wolfgang187, this is another one of my articles, please provide proper accreditation in the future.)
SteroidEducation.com