Author Topic: fasting for 72 hours is the only thing that has relieved my chronic back pain  (Read 1741 times)

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
I have tried so many things, better mattress, trying to learn how to sleep on my back, fancy chairs, mobility work and strengthening the muscles, ergonomic computer equipment, foam rolling, all without results. Then I fasted for 72 hours and boom the pain was gone for the first time in years. After I ate it came back immediately, so it's not really a solution. I am really fed up with this nagging burning sensation :-\

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Also I noticed when I am stressed the pain immediately intensifies

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Is it gastric related and not muscle/spinal you think?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Its because you are holding fluid in your lower back and the fast dries it out leaner lighter you holding less water equals less back pain I have noticed I have more lower back pain when heavier as well

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
probably want to take a MRI to know what disc is compressed and consult with a doctor what do do about it

costly yeah but if your issue is affecting you that bad then you need it

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Its because you are holding fluid in your lower back and the fast dries it out leaner lighter you holding less water equals less back pain I have noticed I have more lower back pain when heavier as well
Its more of an upper back issue. I never had lower back pain in my life

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Is it gastric related and not muscle/spinal you think?
some gym bro said that the fast reduced inflamation so thats why the pain was gone

Goliathon

• Getbig III
  • Here comes the boom!!

"dries it out"

ok

but yes,

make sure you're not constipated, that automatically will cause people back pain

lose some fat or muscle.

Decrease your salt intake so you're retaining less water in your body.

Goliathon

• Getbig III
  • Here comes the boom!!
Its more of an upper back issue. I never had lower back pain in my life

It's probably an alignment issue. Might be something about how you're sleeping, try eating only in the mornings.

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Since it is so reactive to stress I sometimes wonder if this is a mental problem.but when i fasted 3 days i felt zero pain for the frst time in over a decade

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
It's probably an alignment issue. Might be something about how you're sleeping, try eating only in the mornings.
I find it very very difficult to fall asleep on my back, which would be best for spinal alignment. I even invedted in a huge top of the line ergonomically wise bed and matress. But when I do succeed in falling asleep on my back I get very troubling sleep paralysis which feels like demonic activity honestly. A few times I fled to the living room convinced there was demonic activity. Really not joking I think there are things. I googled this trying to.find a rational explanation and I found that back sleeping can cause breathing issues which can cause nightmares. But I am very small and useless so not a huge 200lbs+ sleep apnea suspect. In fact I wonder if sleep paralysis can actually be a real spiritual problem unlike what google says.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
What do you normally eat?

Amerian Muscle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
What do you normally eat?
mostly rice, spit roasted chicken, eggs, steak, pasta

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
I never understood upperback pain even shrugging 500kg
A

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
“I broke my back. Spinal.” - Iron Mike Tyson

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
I have tried so many things, better mattress, trying to learn how to sleep on my back, fancy chairs, mobility work and strengthening the muscles, ergonomic computer equipment, foam rolling, all without results. Then I fasted for 72 hours and boom the pain was gone for the first time in years. After I ate it came back immediately, so it's not really a solution. I am really fed up with this nagging burning sensation :-\
Have you tried deadlifting?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

tatoo

• Getbig IV
“I broke my back. Spinal.” - Iron Mike Tyson

classic lol

Lartinos

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
It’s probably your posture getting worse when stressed. Try a posture brace to see if it helps.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
never fasted in your life, well, Brian hasnt anyway

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
Stop with this fasting end all be all nonsense. Stop. No it did not cure your back pain or whatever ailment you were going on about. There is no real fasting going on with you people that should be regarded as actual fasting. Real fasting are the people who live out in caves and deserts and badlands of Africa and they spend weeks on end fasting. Or monks and holy men who go into the mountains and temples to mediate in a state of semi  awake. All you people who intermittent fast are just waiting to eat and end up eating less because it’s later in the day and it’s hard to stuff your gullet in a short time frame. If it works for you, then great. But you’re not cracking any biological code, your not bio hacking or whatever, you’re not undergoing authpology or cell regenerate or whatever that crap claims to do, you’re just eating later in the day. Good god. I guess teenagers who sleep in till 2 pm and then eat food must be intermittent fasting too!!! I guess when you eat dinner at 6pm and then eat a late brunch at 10 am must be the reason you’re shredding fat effortlessly!!!!    I guess hospital patients who don’t eat until 9 am and had dinner the previous night at 5 pm must be fasting too!!!!!!!!!! Stop with the stupid magic claims of fasting. No stupid Thomas Delauer is not a fasting guru. Stop with the crap of waiting to drink coffee in the morning until whatever worthless cortisol is gone. Stop with the greens powder. Stop with the element crap electrolytes that do jack nothing. If all this nonsense mambo jumbo stuff worked as well as you folks claim then the world would all be healthy and all people would be walking around ripped and healthy. Good lord.
w

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Stop with this fasting end all be all nonsense. Stop. No it did not cure your back pain or whatever ailment you were going on about. There is no real fasting going on with you people that should be regarded as actual fasting. Real fasting are the people who live out in caves and deserts and badlands of Africa and they spend weeks on end fasting. Or monks and holy men who go into the mountains and temples to mediate in a state of semi  awake. All you people who intermittent fast are just waiting to eat and end up eating less because it’s later in the day and it’s hard to stuff your gullet in a short time frame. If it works for you, then great. But you’re not cracking any biological code, your not bio hacking or whatever, you’re not undergoing authpology or cell regenerate or whatever that crap claims to do, you’re just eating later in the day. Good god. I guess teenagers who sleep in till 2 pm and then eat food must be intermittent fasting too!!! I guess when you eat dinner at 6pm and then eat a late brunch at 10 am must be the reason you’re shredding fat effortlessly!!!!    I guess hospital patients who don’t eat until 9 am and had dinner the previous night at 5 pm must be fasting too!!!!!!!!!! Stop with the stupid magic claims of fasting. No stupid Thomas Delauer is not a fasting guru. Stop with the crap of waiting to drink coffee in the morning until whatever worthless cortisol is gone. Stop with the greens powder. Stop with the element crap electrolytes that do jack nothing. If all this nonsense mambo jumbo stuff worked as well as you folks claim then the world would all be healthy and all people would be walking around ripped and healthy. Good lord.
a third of the world doesnt eat breakfast

Thats intermittent fasting to some people.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Since it is so reactive to stress I sometimes wonder if this is a mental problem.but when i fasted 3 days i felt zero pain for the frst time in over a decade

There - you've got your answer & cure

STOP EATING.

HTH
 ;D

Eric2

• Getbig IV

Some things to consider. Make sure your not consuming foods that cause inflammation.  Such as surgar of any kind. As we age especially this becomes more of an issue. It may take a day or two to flare up or in cases where early arthritis exists the inflammation can occur the following day consuming  surgar. I am in my mid 59s and experience the low back pain as well, due to arthritis.  Many years of heavy lifting and whatnot, general wear and tear.
I too find that the lighter I am the less dull and stiffness of pain present in the low back. It's definitely a killer on every day activities if left untreated. It's something I deal with every day. Lack of solid core strength weakening of the abdominal muscles over time is a culprit to this condition as well
h

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”

Well said, Gene. These online gurus change their minds every month and will blame it on the evolving science. First they said you can fast and not lose any muscle, and now they’re against fasting and say you’re better off eating protein first thing in the morning to preserve your muscle mass because that’s more important. They’re all over the place and will make money off their click bait video titles either way.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
never fasted in your life, well, Brian hasnt anyway

I used to starve myself for years wrestling. I showed up for nationals training camp a week before nationals at 145lbs. I made 121lbs 7 days later(I was 15 years old). That is a 16% bodyweight loss in 7 days. I have no desire to do that shit at 46 years old no thanks.