Author Topic: .mobi domain names?  (Read 2390 times)

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
.mobi domain names?
« on: May 29, 2007, 09:56:58 PM »
anyone else interested in the purchasing of .mobi domain names? This allows mobile web browser users on cellphones or handhelds to be able to view mobile browser friendly sites!

Another question in regards to such purchase and legalities. We'll use amazon.com as an example. If you were able to purchase the amazon.mobi domain name, would that be infringing on amazon.com's rights?

Very curious, I've never considerd investing in .coms so this sparks my interst.

garraeth

• Getbig IV
Re: .mobi domain names?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 12:49:38 AM »
I'm doing a site for a .mobi right now (not mine -- for a client). If you can get one, squat.

But don't get amazon.mobi because, yea, you'll just be asking for trouble -- not likely you'll get it tho...or any good .mobi. All the domain registrars took all the good ones already. It's their business to squat.

'Bout the only good domain name you'll get is for a new word that becomes a hit. Like if you got "google.net" before "google.com" was a hit...but that's just sheer luck. The .com for the .mobi I'm making was already taken (even tho the domain name is totally goofy) -- so if the .mobi I'm making takes off, the owner of the .com will be stoked...and it will have been 100% luck for him.