Author Topic: .  (Read 3196 times)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« on: November 16, 2007, 01:21:21 PM »
S

D-bol

• Getbig IV
  • Its only hard if you make it hard.
Re: Thinking before talking...
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2007, 03:35:59 AM »
bro, imo one should always think before sayin...unfortunately, too many of us just blah out whatever comes to mind and then regret it

normally, people talk more than they should - the key thing is packed in 4-5 sentances, and the other 30 sentances is normally unnessesary "verbal decoration"....naturally you will be able to pick up those key things easily...but don't interrupt - while they are busy w/ their "decorative" sentances, u will have time to shape your responce better... once they stopped, pause for few seconds...by this time you will prolly have an idea of what you want to say..

its not as hard as it may sound, and mostly comes to us subcontiuosly...even if you pause for few secs before saying it is most likely that you'll say it better than if you just said it immediately

of course, this is assuming meaningfull conversation, like business discussion, not a casual chit-chat at a party...

anyways, comminication is an art....ancient greeks used to have schools that tought the art of speech...look at it as a chess game: learn from repetition and strive to improve continuosly

hope this helps

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 10:25:24 AM »

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 03:44:42 AM »
Sometime when talking with people I make decisions or say certain things without thinking them over first.  I've tried to tell myself over and over to think things over before talking, but when I get into a conversation I just forget.

Tips on correcting my problem anyone?

Like already mentioned, silence is golden. It's amazing how conversations often go in the direction you want them to, just by saying nothing. A good starting point is to just restrain yourself from interrupting the other persons.

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008, 07:14:50 PM »
good thread!.....

bro, imo one should always think before sayin...unfortunately, too many of us just blah out whatever comes to mind and then regret it

normally, people talk more than they should - the key thing is packed in 4-5 sentances, and the other 30 sentances is normally unnessesary "verbal decoration"....naturally you will be able to pick up those key things easily...but don't interrupt - while they are busy w/ their "decorative" sentances, u will have time to shape your responce better... once they stopped, pause for few seconds...by this time you will prolly have an idea of what you want to say..

its not as hard as it may sound, and mostly comes to us subcontiuosly...even if you pause for few secs before saying it is most likely that you'll say it better than if you just said it immediately

of course, this is assuming meaningfull conversation, like business discussion, not a casual chit-chat at a party...

anyways, comminication is an art....ancient greeks used to have schools that tought the art of speech...look at it as a chess game: learn from repetition and strive to improve continuosly

hope this helps

good answer

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 04:57:44 PM »
I read a book called "Talk to Win" years ago and found it very helpful. 

http://www.amazon.com/Talk-Win-Lillian-J-Glass/dp/0399513868/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1197224439&sr=1-1

Fabulous book. I bought it years ago.     
w