Author Topic: Team U date changed??  (Read 6695 times)

njfitness

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Team U date changed??
« on: December 18, 2005, 05:38:48 PM »
Just wondering if any of you girls have heard the news that I have that they are changing the date of team universe from August 4-5 to July 15! It is still listed on the NPCnewsonline as Aug but there was supposedly a promoters meeting last week that was confirming the date change.  Anyone heard any different?

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
Re: Team U date changed??
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 11:31:47 AM »
The dates have changed. The Team U - National Figure is being moved to July 14-15, 2006 and still held in NYC. The move is is due to securing a new host hotel. 2007 the event will go back to the 1st weekend of August. It places it ahead of USAs for 2006.

LIFT
Elevate Your Image.™

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 04:13:54 PM »
No feelings about the date change, but I'd love to see this show held outside of NYC at some point. 

JTx

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 04:16:58 PM »
No feelings about the date change, but I'd love to see this show held outside of NYC at some point. 

Just curious, why is that Tre'?

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 08:21:33 AM »
Just curious, why is that Tre'?

A change of scenery can be good for certain events.  I'd like to see this particular show - due to the excessive number of entries - held in a more suburban location. 

I love New York City, but it's generally a bad place to watch a show (with costs and logistics as primary considerations). 

JTx

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 10:11:24 AM »
A change of scenery can be good for certain events.  I'd like to see this particular show - due to the excessive number of entries - held in a more suburban location. 

I love New York City, but it's generally a bad place to watch a show (with costs and logistics as primary considerations). 

Yeah, I can see your point there. NYC is expensive.  Maybe they could do upstate NY... say Montgomery NY... up in Orange County!   ;)