Author Topic: NFL: How far can the Giants get in the Playoffs?  (Read 8992 times)

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
Re: NFL: How far can the Giants get in the Playoffs?
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 12:31:01 PM »
the saints will win the superbowl there is no shame in losing to them.  The 49ers will not make it to the NFC championship game, book it.
the saints have a great offense, that tight end of theirs is scary as fuck. but if the 49ers defense plays like they usually do and smith can get his red zone offense together then they can win.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 01:10:25 PM »
Pats vs Saints

Pats win it

Tom gets 4th ring

Sounds about right.  ;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 01:15:02 PM »
I see the same things happening for the Giants as in 2007.  Remember the gauntlet they had to get through just to make it into the superbowl (against the undefeated Patriots)  They had to win all of thier games on the road:  Tampa Bay, Dallas, and Green Bay.  If the G-men's D-line shows up throughout, then they can beat the Saints or the Pack. Remember, The Pack lost to the Chiefs and the Saints lost to Tampa Bay this year.

I see a rematch of the 2007 superbowl between the Patriots and Giants.  This time The Pats get revenge though  8)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 04:02:04 PM »
I see the same things happening for the Giants as in 2007.  Remember the gauntlet they had to get through just to make it into the superbowl (against the undefeated Patriots)  They had to win all of thier games on the road:  Tampa Bay, Dallas, and Green Bay.  If the G-men's D-line shows up throughout, then they can beat the Saints or the Pack. Remember, The Pack lost to the Chiefs and the Saints lost to Tampa Bay this year.

I see a rematch of the 2000 superbowl between the Ravens and Giants.  This time The Giants don't get revenge  8)

Fixed it for you.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2012, 04:03:37 PM »
As a G-Man fan I want to say Super Bowl but I don't see them having the weapons to go into a -10 degrees Green Bay and win at night. They should handle Atlanta and I think they've got enough offense to take down NO/San Fran. They do seem to be peaking at the right time and this is looking like a few years ago all over again.

GMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2012, 04:05:26 PM »
Fixed it for you.
Ah, but the defense is a shell of that 2000 team.  They don't have the offense to score with the Patriots, and the Defense won't be able to cover Welker and the Gronk/Hernandez duo.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2012, 04:06:42 PM »
As a G-Man fan I want to say Super Bowl but I don't see them having the weapons to go into a -10 degrees Green Bay and win at night. They should handle Atlanta and I think they've got enough offense to take down NO/San Fran. They do seem to be peaking at the right time and this is looking like a few years ago all over again.

GMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They took down the Pack in 07, when the windchill was in the negatives.  Remember ole red-faced caughlin?

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2012, 04:07:55 PM »
i always felt the Seahawks vs Stealers superbowl was fixed, and im not a stealer hater or a seahawks fan

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2012, 04:08:07 PM »
They took down the Pack in 07, when the windchill was in the negatives.  Remember ole red-faced caughlin?

True, but this is a different Packers team than 07. They're certainly capable of doing it and it wouldn't surprise me, but I'm not expecting it. Then again, Eli is having a career year as well. It'd be a good game to watch.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 04:16:00 PM »
i always felt the Seahawks vs Stealers superbowl was fixed, and im not a stealer hater or a seahawks fan
Fuck the seahawks and the Steelers. Just goes to show you what a shitty organization the Seahawks have.  They go from the superbowl to complete dogshit, while teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Colts (minus this year) have been good for more then a decade. 

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2012, 04:20:23 PM »
Please! The Gay Men beat a mediocre cowboys team and now people saying SB! This ain't 07, and the giants are overrated like any of the nfc east teams this year. They are not going any where.

SB will be either NO, or GB VS NE or Ravens

I see NO vs. Ravens

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2012, 04:25:43 PM »
The Patriots are still a dynasty.  They have won the AFC East 9 out of the last 11 years.  No other team in football can claim a run like that.  They have also been to 4 superbowls in that time, winning 3 of them.  They are the best organization from owner (Kraft) to coach (Belichick) in the NFL.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
The Patriots are still a dynasty.  They have won the AFC East 9 out of the last 11 years.  No other team in football can claim a run like that.  They have also been to 4 superbowls in that time, winning 3 of them.  They are the best organization from owner (Kraft) to coach (Belichick) in the NFL.

By these standards, the Yankees dynasty started in 1996 and is still going.

Pats haven't won since 2004, and have been known more for big playoff collapses than winning SBs these days.   There's been too long a gap between championships to call them a dynasty.  Great team?  Absolutely.  Dynasty?  Not anymore.
Y

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2012, 05:04:39 PM »
They took down the Pack in 07, when the windchill was in the negatives.  Remember ole red-faced caughlin?

With a little help from Favre....in case you forgot.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2012, 06:22:51 PM »
By these standards, the Yankees dynasty started in 1996 and is still going.

Pats haven't won since 2004, and have been known more for big playoff collapses than winning SBs these days.   There's been too long a gap between championships to call them a dynasty.  Great team?  Absolutely.  Dynasty?  Not anymore.
Have the Yankees won 9 out of the last 11 American league East titles?  Nope

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2012, 03:10:41 PM »
Have the Yankees won 9 out of the last 11 American league East titles?  Nope

12 out of 16.
Y

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I read at least a dozen primary sources a day
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2012, 03:17:28 PM »
Since the World Series started in 1903 the Yankees have won it once every four years and been in it once every 2.7 years :o

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2012, 04:07:24 PM »
Ravens vs Giants in the SB.  Nobody wants to play the Giants right now...remember 2007?

Teams with the best record rarely win it all in major sports, especially the NFL.  The Patriots don't play defense, so they're a wash.

KevinP85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2012, 04:13:38 PM »
This is not 2007, the test will be on next week. Still NO, and SF left.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2012, 04:15:54 PM »
the Giants dont have the secondary or running game to go as far as they did in 07, their pass rush is scary though.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2012, 05:17:12 PM »
the Giants dont have the secondary or running game to go as far as they did in 07, their pass rush is scary though.

It's hard to believe Rogers won't carve up the secondary.

Giants are going to have hope Manning can do the same, and hope the pass rush can make Rogers make a few mistakes.
Y

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2012, 05:21:55 PM »
It's hard to believe Rogers won't carve up the secondary.

Giants are going to have hope Manning can do the same, and hope the pass rush can make Rogers make a few mistakes.
Rogers will destroy that secondary with the recievers he has to throw to, i expect at least 2 very big plays down field from Rogers.

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2012, 05:24:52 PM »
Rogers will destroy that secondary with the recievers he has to throw to, i expect at least 2 very big plays down field from Rogers.

When both bradshaw and jacobs are healthy at the same time, the giants have a dominant run game...they both have not been healthy at the same time throughout this season.

Tbomz....my first predection is right with the giants victory and my second prediction of the 49ers losing their first game will come to fruition.

clownbaby

• Getbig III
  • get licked
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2012, 05:26:26 PM »
Please! The Gay Men beat a mediocre cowboys team and now people saying SB! This ain't 07, and the giants are overrated like any of the nfc east teams this year. They are not going any where.

SB will be either NO, or GB VS NE or Ravens

I see NO vs. Ravens

tired of getting owned by new york teams done there in the lone star state?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2012, 05:29:32 PM »
Fuck the seahawks and the Steelers. Just goes to show you what a shitty organization the Seahawks have.  They go from the superbowl to complete dogshit, while teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Ravens, Colts (minus this year) have been good for more then a decade.  

I wouldn't go that far. The Seahawks won three division titles, since then (2006, 2007, and 2010). And they pull the SHOCKER of the year (perhaps), winning the division with a 7-9 record, only to knock out the defending SB champion Saints in the Wildcard Round.

The Seahawks have made it to the division round every year they made the playoffs, since 2004.