Author Topic: Actor Neal McDonough says he lost a job because he refused to do a sex scene  (Read 9641 times)

dseiler

• Getbig III
  • GOING OFF THE DEEP END. FUCK IT
I have several friends in the business and know it well enough via said friendship to comment with more authority than a few here.  And that's pretty much all you need to know. Whether or not you accept it matters little in the grand scheme of things. 

By the way, Sean Penn is a fuckwad.

I would love to hear some of your stories.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
PRIME, Our paths may have crossed during the time you worked on that Universal "Big Valley" set.

I've been on too many sets, but was Big Valley the one with Barbara Stanwick?

The day I 'worked' on that TV series, it was taped on a big sound stage which was construced to look like an outdoor scene with a big, rolling hill in the background while we sat in the foreground around a small campfire while a couple of cows could be see coming over that rolling hill.

The day before my arrival they had 'taped' a big scene in which the whole heard of cattle came over that hill.

Do you recall being there?

And is it possible that you were working on the set in which the built  huge room with the huge round table in which "Prince Valiant (?)" was the major character.

I was not the guy who was accused of leaning on that huge castle wall and knocking it over .. before they had completed securing it in place.

Interesting to know that you had worked there before the park was constructed.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
PRIME, Our paths may have crossed during the time you worked on that Universal "Big Valley" set.

I've been on too many sets, but was Big Valley the one with Barbara Stanwick?

The day I 'worked' on that TV series, it was taped on a big sound stage which was construced to look like an outdoor scene with a big, rolling hill in the background while we sat in the foreground around a small campfire while a couple of cows could be see coming over that rolling hill.

The day before my arrival they had 'taped' a big scene in which the whole heard of cattle came over that hill.

Do you recall being there?

And is it possible that you were working on the set in which the built  huge room with the huge round table in which "Prince Valiant (?)" was the major character.

I was not the guy who was accused of leaning on that huge castle wall and knocking it over .. before they had completed securing it in place.

Interesting to know that you had worked there before the park was constructed.

I was eighteen when I worked as a grip at Universal in 1962, so it wasn't long before the theme park opened. The star of Big Valley was Barbara Stanwyck. Honestly, I don't remember what the set was. Also, I can't envision whether Standwyck was on the set or not. It's interesting to wonder if you and I ever crossed paths.

My time working as a grip was short. Although the shifts were usually 8 hours long, it was common to only get 8 hours off between shifts, which I didn't much like. Everything was unionized. I briefly thought about becoming a set decorator but the road to that was difficult unless you had an in. My only connection was my dad's friend who worked as a painter for the studios. Knowing someone higher up the ladder might have helped.

It's funny that growing up I wasn't more starstruck. When you see celebrities everyday on the street, at school and at the supermarket, it becomes no big deal. For several years my parents and I lived in Encino where several up and coming celebrities also lived and even some big names up in the hills. Our house wasn't far from Liberace's. Alfred Hayes a contract screen writer lived right behind us. His wife and my mom were best friends. Carter DeHaven was one of my lawn mowing customers. His lawn was Bermuda grass. He had TV's in every room. -Really a nice man.

My dad was a Painting contractor who sometimes got jobs at movie stars homes. I have a photo of my dad standing with Cary Grant in the backyard of his Encino ranch. My dad and I worked at Judy Garland's Holmby Hills mansion. This was when she was married to Sid Luft. Liza Minnelli was a 15 year old 'wild child' who lived by her own rules. Lorna and Joey were just kids.

My late wife lived on North Roxbury Dr, in Beverly Hills until she was fifteen. The next door neighbor was Oscar Levant. Big name actors had houses within walking distance of hers. Lucile Ball and Gregory Peck were just up the street.

My dad was a Painting contractor who sometimes got jobs at movie stars homes. I have a photo of my dad standing with Cary Grant in the backyard of his Encino ranch. My dad and I worked at Judy Garland's Holmby Hills mansion. This was when she was married to Sid Luft. Liza Minnelli was a 15 year old 'wild child' who lived by her own rules. Lorna and Joey were just kids.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
I was eighteen when I worked as a grip at Universal in 1962, so it wasn't long before the theme park opened. The star of Big Valley was Barbara Stanwyck. Honestly, I don't remember what the set was. Also, I can't envision whether Standwyck was on the set or not. It's interesting to wonder if you and I ever crossed paths.

My time working as a grip was short. Although the shifts were usually 8 hours long, it was common to only get 8 hours off between shifts, which I didn't much like. Everything was unionized. I briefly thought about becoming a set decorator but the road to that was difficult unless you had an in. My only connection was my dad's friend who worked as a painter for the studios. Knowing someone higher up the ladder might have helped.

It's funny that growing up I wasn't more starstruck. When you see celebrities everyday on the street, at school and at the supermarket, it becomes no big deal. For several years my parents and I lived in Encino where several up and coming celebrities also lived and even some big names up in the hills. Our house wasn't far from Liberace's. Alfred Hayes a contract screen writer lived right behind us. His wife and my mom were best friends. Carter DeHaven was one of my lawn mowing customers. His lawn was Bermuda grass. He had TV's in every room. -Really a nice man.

My late wife lived on North Roxbury Dr, in Beverly Hills until she was fifteen. The next door neighbor was Oscar Levant. Big name actors had houses within walking distance of hers. Lucile Ball and Gregory Peck were just up the street.

In the spirit of getbig, did you at least try to if not finger young Liza?  

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
In the spirit of getbig, did you at least try to if not finger young Liza?  

According to what Leonora (Sid Luft's mother) told me, I probably could have. But only if it furthered Liza's career goals. She was not home at the time, so I never got the chance to try. Anyway, she was only 15 and technically a minor. I was 18.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Leonora Luft's claim to infamy in the neighborhood was that she would occasionally overdo the Mojitos at lunch and moon passing cars from the front lawn.  It was a kikuyu couch grass, and beautifully maintained.  I always hoped to get a chance to mow it when Sid's mom wasn't scooting around on it bare-assed like a dog with worms.

But the thing that really struck you about the celebrities in the neighborhood was how much like normal people they were.  Jean Shrimpton once stopped by our place on the way from Faye Dunaway's.  Apparently she'd gotten one hell of an enema over there and what had remained behind was insisting on finding an exit and quick.  You would have sworn there was a horse vomiting up a live hyena on the other side of that bathroom door.

My dad was a drywall contractor and he once made so much dust in Sidney Poitier's house that when the Klan came through they thought Poitier was one of us.  Philly McBee used to throw used condoms over the fence into our yard.  One of them hit Eddie Hiccup Henkins across the face when he was passed out cold.  Lorna and Joey used to stage 'pube contests' at the park on the corner and Judy Garland would come down and snort coke off Liza's strapon.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
He was good in Band of Brothers (no homo).