Author Topic: Ribo says 9/11 hijackers more deserving of respect than Bruce  (Read 15066 times)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: Ribo says 9/11 hijackers more deserving of respect than Bruce
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2007, 12:27:16 PM »
I must have missed that Unemployment thread where lizzy made ribo cry like a little girl at the supermarket.  ;D

EDIT:
I found it http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=129968.0 yet I can't quite see any posts where ribo is crying like a girl that can't have a snickers.

Maybe there's a parallel universe where the exact same thread occurred but the outcome was different.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2007, 12:34:05 PM »
yet I can't quite see any posts where ribo is crying like a girl that can't have a snickers.

Back when I was in short pants, I did cry once when I wanted a Mounds but Mom got me an Almond Joy instead.

Cuz, you know, sometimes you feel like a nut and sometimes you don't.

;)

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2007, 12:59:03 PM »
ribo,

mad props.  that is an amazing post about the similiarities.  France helping the colonists to hurt their neighboring UK was their way of keeping the UK weak enough to not move into their neck of the woods for british imperialism. 

wow, this puts it all in perspective.  I know you'll have the irrational neotaints here, calling you names because they don't understand American history. 

Fascinating...

Oh dear, is it any coincidence you're all over someone that has said things including:

- He wants the US to lose in Iraq
- A mockery of dead Australian soldier Jake Kovco's family
- 9/11 terrorists are 'brave'; have his 'respect'

Why is it you have more in common with this person than not?  You're yet to post a single criticism of him here, and yet you openly abuse conservatives for 'naive' positions in which they don't 'understand' the bigger picture.  Your defence and support for Ribonucleic makes your own arguments look illogical and hate-driven - as if they weren't enough already.
Thread Killer

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: March 07, 2007, 01:15:17 PM »
During the Revolutionary War, the British always whined about how the Americans would hide in forests and stage guerrilla attacks - rather than forming ranks and fighting a pitched engagement like civilized people........

The Americans     The Iraqis

Blah Blah rant, etc. (cue 240)

Your 'argument' falls flat on its face like a drunkard immediately here.

The somewhat laughable presumption that the US forces are at war against the Iraqis highlights either your deep set ignorance of the conflict, or your deliberate attempts to mislead the reader.  Possibly both.

The people we are actually at war against are terrorists: people that seek to destroy the lives of (mostly the Iraqis you claim are our enemy) for no reason other than their support of freedom.  A mere elementary knowledge of the Iraq conflict is all that is needed to note this.

Iraq has its own democratically appointed government; we are not at war with them - can you not realise this in your Leftist fantasy world?

Iraq has had two national legislative elections since the colation arrived.  Allow me to dismiss your argument:

Constitutional Election
With a total of some 8.4 million votes cast, a 58 % turnout, the Iraqi Electoral Commission considers the election to have taken place without major disruption. Voter turnout ranged from 89 % in the Kurdish region of Dahuk to two percent in the Sunni region of Anbar.

According to what you have said, we are at war with these 8.4 million people.  People so brave and so enthusiastic for democracy, they voted en mass despite the ever present threat of terror attacks.  Seems to me like such people are in support of the Bush doctrine, wouldn't you say?  Here's some more figures to consider:

General Election
Turnout for the election was reported to be high, at 70%. The White House was encouraged by the relatively low levels of violence during polling

Oh, and just to rub salt into your ideological wounds, I used your little safe haven of Wikipedia as my source.  I encourage all do read further into the newly instated, and successful, democratic process in Iraq - a process the Iraqis (Not our enemy) have ratified.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iraqi_National_Assembly_election,_2005
Thread Killer

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #54 on: March 07, 2007, 01:25:16 PM »
Has it turned into sunshine, lollipops and rainbows over there yet?  I'm a little slow on getting the news.

“For months now the White House has rejected claims that the situation in Iraq has deteriorated into civil war, and for the most part, news organizations like NBC have hesitated to characterize it as such," host Matt Lauer told viewers. "But after careful consideration, NBC News has decided a change in terminology is warranted -- that the situation in Iraq with armed, militarized factions fighting for their own political agendas can now be characterized as civil war.”

http://www.rferl.org/featuresarticle/2006/11/7f52a0a5-b5f0-4dff-ae4b-eea23f2ed844.html

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #55 on: March 07, 2007, 01:36:48 PM »
Would that option also include learning how to spell the word "nonsensical"?

If so, I'm all for it.  :)

The spelling police have arrived. Hide the five syllable words.

This smug condescending attitude is why normal people want nothing to do with your ilk. (See: "Air America," before it disappears completely, as opposed to just going bankrupt).

Face it. Only a dick points out spelling errors in an informal situation.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2007, 01:39:58 PM »
Has it turned into sunshine, lollipops and rainbows over there yet?

Certainly not, but it's typical of you to sneer at a people given a chance at democracy.
Thread Killer

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2007, 02:46:40 PM »
Face it. Only a dick points out spelling errors in an informal situation.

I bow to your evident authority on matters of etiquette.  ::)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2007, 05:34:54 PM »
Certainly not, but it's typical of you to sneer at a people given a chance at democracy.

Lol Bruce... the drama!  Perhaps some day you too will play the Great Dane upon the stage.  ;)

Why do you say I sneer at people for pointing out that they've been plunged into civil war? I pity every mother who's had to bury a child.

You probably don't know much about tribal cultures and how they function. You're very earnest though... give you points.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2007, 06:00:55 PM »
Lol Bruce... the drama!  Perhaps some day you too will play the Great Dane upon the stage.  ;)

Why do you say I sneer at people for pointing out that they've been plunged into civil war? I pity every mother who's had to bury a child.

You probably don't know much about tribal cultures and how they function. You're very earnest though... give you points.

Possibly because there's actually no 'civil war' as you exaggerate it to be.  Also, who exactly are you accusing of having a 'tribal culture'?  I'd advise you be very careful with your answer.
Thread Killer

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2007, 06:22:30 PM »
I'd advise you be very careful with your answer.

You know, Bruce... even if you shared every last one of my political opinions, I'd still think you were an asshole from your constant use of this tone.

I mean, seriously... who the fuck do you think you are?  :)  What happens if Deedee doesn't heed your pissy little threat? Are you going to "expose" her? Are you going to hector other people to join you in "condemning" her?

God, what a miserable little soul you must have.

yeah yeah, I know. "meltdown".  :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2007, 06:28:17 PM »
the smallest package in the world is someone who is all wrapped up in themselves
 ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #62 on: March 07, 2007, 06:48:15 PM »
You know, Bruce... even if you shared every last one of my political opinions, I'd still think you were an asshole from your constant use of this tone.

I mean, seriously... who the fuck do you think you are?  :)  What happens if Deedee doesn't heed your pissy little threat? Are you going to "expose" her? Are you going to hector other people to join you in "condemning" her?

The reality though is that the Iraqi people are a tribal culture... That's just the truth... of course Bruce will say, "No, they're not", but if you look at the infighting amongst their own nation... It's not a national pride, but a pride of their respective tribes...

Deedee is absolutely accurate on that point, but she better tread lightly... because you know if someone on this forum thinks she's wrong, her life may just come to an end.

::)

And yes, he is an asshole, who will now tell us how our approval of him means so little...

What
Ever
Dude

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #63 on: March 07, 2007, 07:18:51 PM »

Yep, that pretty much sums it up perfectly.

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #64 on: March 07, 2007, 09:21:58 PM »
Oh dear, is it any coincidence you're all over someone that has said things including:

- He wants the US to lose in Iraq
- A mockery of dead Australian soldier Jake Kovco's family
- 9/11 terrorists are 'brave'; have his 'respect'

Why is it you have more in common with this person than not?  You're yet to post a single criticism of him here, and yet you openly abuse conservatives for 'naive' positions in which they don't 'understand' the bigger picture.  Your defence and support for Ribonucleic makes your own arguments look illogical and hate-driven - as if they weren't enough already.

Yeah, sometimes 240 cracks me up.  If you spent all day everyday on the internet your sense of reality would be skewed as well.
Valhalla awaits.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2007, 10:55:27 PM »
Some of you guys are just falling all over yourselves to attack Bruce.  You're starting to sound like parrots. 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 08, 2007, 05:21:39 AM »
Some of you guys are just falling all over yourselves to attack Bruce.

Democracy in action is a beautiful thing, ain't it.  ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: March 08, 2007, 07:14:39 AM »
Democracy in action is a beautiful thing, ain't it.  ;D

More like the migration of lemmings if you ask me.   :)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: March 08, 2007, 07:20:08 AM »

Just wait till you 2 have a disagreement and he starts with his character attacks and pompous crap.

But he sees you as his conservative brother, so in his dwindling of friendly support i doubt he'll pull it that junk on you for now.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: March 08, 2007, 07:31:29 AM »
Just wait till you 2 have a disagreement and he starts with his character attacks and pompous crap.

But he sees you as his conservative brother, so in his dwindling of friendly support i doubt he'll pull it that junk on you for now.

Ah ha!  The tacit admission that the attacks on Bruce are done primarily by liberals.   :)  (I think is true BTW.)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: March 08, 2007, 07:33:44 AM »

You only say that because he shares your political leanings.  I've never seen you stick up for any dem in the hot seat.  And he deserves it.  He's extremely rude...although he says he welcomes debate, he basically throws down the gauntlet with every reply.

I'm going to respond to his question above later when I have time, but since you are a reasonable person, can you plse explain to me how my saying that I don't think life is all moonbeams and unicorns in Iraq, (based on news sources and personal observations gleaned from friends serving there) can somehow be interpreted as a "sneer" at the people currently living under rather dire circumstances there?  

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2007, 07:35:45 AM »
Ah ha!  The tacit admission that the attacks on Bruce are done primarily by liberals.   :)  (I think is true BTW.)

hhehehe.   

Yep it's a conspiracy to bully and dominate the forum.

you didn't get the memo?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2007, 07:38:48 AM »

He's Gordon Pritchard.  Watch the movie and you'll understand.

the minute he gets a taste of his own medicine whines like a "Bee on watch"   and can't handle it.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2007, 07:40:30 AM »
can you plse explain to me how my saying that I don't think life is all moonbeams and unicorns in Iraq... can somehow be interpreted as a "sneer" at the people currently living under rather dire circumstances there?   

The same way he tried to twist my suggestion that the family of an Australian soldier killed in Iraq might be angry that their son died for a lie as "mocking their grief" - or whatever pompous nonsense he used.

He must think his personal smears against his ideological adversaries here are less likely to be challenged if he claims the righteous mantle of defending someone else's suffering.

What a putz.  :)

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2007, 07:41:16 AM »

Bruce's only raison d'etre to being here, by his own admission is to "debunk" liberal fallacies.  He drags left versus right into every debate, even when it isn't an issue. His cultish devotion to all things extreme right wing impairs his judgement and he always goes off half-cocked with insults and derisive comments aimed at liberals so there can never be any reasoned debate. It always ends up in mud-slinging.  It's tedious, childish, and boring au but.