Author Topic: Gas prices now up 31.5 cents in last month  (Read 1313 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Gas prices now up 31.5 cents in last month
« on: March 07, 2007, 06:23:29 AM »
Healthy little jump there.

MSNBC reporting it.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
Re: Gas prices now up 31.5 cents in last month
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 06:40:04 AM »
240, wouldn't the jump also be because of demand? This past year has been COLDER then the past 3 and has definitely lasted longer then the last 3. Supply and demand would warrant the price raise. Just a thought.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 06:56:19 AM »
It hasn't been colder here in the Northeast. We've had one of the warmer winters we've had in a while. The snow fall has been minuscule.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 07:04:13 AM »
I'm sure the arrival of the latest carrier group off the coast of Iran has nothing to do with it.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 07:06:09 AM »
Supply and demand would warrant the price raise. Just a thought.

It's not an issue of supply-and-demand...it's supply-and-because-they-can.

It's going to take a few lifetimes, but I cannot wait until all the greedy oil bastards are dead and out of power in this country.  

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 07:10:12 AM »
It hasn't been colder here in the Northeast. We've had one of the warmer winters we've had in a while. The snow fall has been minuscule.
Hmmm....I live in Virginia, near D.C. and I can guarantee that we've had more snowfall and colder weather, based on the bill I'm paying for heating my house. It's more than $100.00 than usual.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 07:19:02 AM »
Hmmm....I live in Virginia, near D.C. and I can guarantee that we've had more snowfall and colder weather, based on the bill I'm paying for heating my house. It's more than $100.00 than usual.

I live near the Massachusetts/Rhode Island border and we've had no heavy snowfall this year. There have been a few light snow storms with between 1-3 inches but it's melted within two days.

The snowplow drivers are having a terrible year. I just read an article in the Globe about a guy that makes his living giving dogsled rides to people during the winter but since the snowfall has been so weak this year he's having the dogs pull a golf cart instead. That was in Maine which typically gets more snow than we do.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 07:54:31 AM »
I live near the Massachusetts/Rhode Island border and we've had no heavy snowfall this year. There have been a few light snow storms with between 1-3 inches but it's melted within two days.

The snowplow drivers are having a terrible year. I just read an article in the Globe about a guy that makes his living giving dogsled rides to people during the winter but since the snowfall has been so weak this year he's having the dogs pull a golf cart instead. That was in Maine which typically gets more snow than we do.
Must just have swept through the lower Northeast then. It's rare when we are in the teens for a couple of weeks at a time.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 08:20:26 AM »
It's not an issue of supply-and-demand...it's supply-and-because-they-can.

It's going to take a few lifetimes, but I cannot wait until all the greedy oil bastards are dead and out of power in this country.  

It's cyclic.  Neocon corporates get in every 40 years, and destroy the nation for oil, weapons, and greed for ten years.  Then the backlash comes, and people will not tolerate that bullshit for another 30 years.   Then, the grandchildren are voting and they let the stuff happen.

Vietnam ended, and there was NO WAY a President was going to get another blank check again.  Way too much abuses and waste.  40 years later, COngress happily gave Bush one.  Is there any belief in the world that the next guy would get a blank check?  No way.

The corporations are getting rich and US is taking oil away from China and RUssia.  We'll leave Iraqi cities in Oct 08 (pentagon already announced this) and the damage will be done.  Then, we'll lie dormant for 20-30 years with a clinton (peacetime) or a reagan (small conflicts but no tri-wars).

Tre, I really admire your awareness of the corporate greed and awareness.  One of these days, we'll convince you that the initial catalyst for all these planned invasions/exploitation, 9/11, was part of their master plan too.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 08:23:39 AM »
Must just have swept through the lower Northeast then. It's rare when we are in the teens for a couple of weeks at a time.

Last week was 50+ degrees everyday, with a few almost hitting 60.

It's interesting that your farther south and had a worse winter.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 09:11:16 AM »
Healthy little jump there.

MSNBC reporting it.

It is always higher in summer time, this is just the warm up unfortunately
gotta love life

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 02:04:38 PM »
It is always higher in summer time, this is just the warm up unfortunately

Yep, ...we're gearing up for it at FFI <--click me

It doesn't matter what the price of gas is at the pump for me... I get my fuel costs completely covered.  :D
w