Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Logs and Info

JPM101 current training

<< < (38/38)

jpm101:
Have currently readjusted my workout. Have replaced the Rest-Pause. Am now doing Pre-Exhaust for total workout sets. With the same basic exercise as before.

With Pre-Exhaust you use a lighter movement (usually a leverage movement) before the heavier main exercise. If doing benches you would do a lighter leverage movement like DB fly, pec deck, etc and than, without any rest at all the heavier BP.  This is not new, it's strictly old school BB'ing . Been around for decades.

Workout.

1....Sissy squats   3x8-10
2....Hack Squat    3x8-10    .Would suggest doing leg extensions, rather than Sissy squats. Sissy squats may be new to some people and requires a learning curve.  All this is my personal workout and may not be fully suited to others.  As your workouts might not be to me.

3....EZ Bar front raise  3x6-8
4....Front Press off of rack   3x6-8

5....DB lateral raise   3x6-8
6...Upright row..EZ bar   3x6-8   upright row are a excellent delt workouk. As well as traps and forearms/biceps.

I don't do arms. But might suggest with Pre-Exhaust ..remember no rest between exercises and 90 rest between compound P-E sets..

Triceps ...
1....DB Kick backs 3x8-10   a very good movement which most guys reject for whatever reason.
2...Dips   3x8-10
Biceps
3...DB one arm sitting concentration curl.. Elbow resting against the inner thigh. 3x8-10
4...Cheat curl...either conventional of EZ bar  3x8-10

Good Luck.

wes:
Good to see you posting again bud!  :)

jpm101:
Thank you Wes.
 You seem to have your training in very good order, Good Luck.

wes:

--- Quote from: jpm101 on February 24, 2023, 04:52:20 PM ---Thank you Wes.
 You seem to have your training in very good order, Good Luck.

--- End quote ---
I`m trying my best my friend.

All the best to you buddy!  :)

jpm101:
Workout A

1...Good Mornings, bar held on the upper traps. Hold at count of 3 at the lowers point, around 80-90 degrees. Do not force any stretch. Just to note that the Good Morning is not the same as the Stiff Legged DL......seems some confusion in this regard. 

2...Reverse leg curl. Ankles are held under a strap or have a training partner hold ankles down. Start by laying prone (face down) on the mat and curl my body up to a straight up position. Will hold a BB plate for added resistance. Also this is not the same as a standard leg bicep curl on any type machine.

3...BB  Hack squat.  Think of BB Hacks as reverse DL's. For me any way, finding that my body is much better lined up lifting off the floor than regular DL. 

Workout B

1...Handstand presses on a floor . Both feet leaning on a wall for better balance. Excellent for improving the overhead press, with some different muscle brought into play (have to find that out yourself) With workout floor blocks usually 4-6" or so.

2...Dips. Added plates with dipping belt. Knuckles facing front which can affect the pec-delt muscle tie in.

3...Chins...weighted,using a neutral grip thumbs facing back.

4... One arm DB Hi-pulls.   

My rep range and style are done not in the normal way, just to say. My rep range may be anywhere from 5 to 18 reps on different workout days. Not the Wave style, but something a bit different.  A lifting friend of an ex coach got me doing this stuff, with interesting results. I believe some of you more experienced serious lifting guys may know what I mean. It can take the boring out of a lot of workouts , for me anyway. New variety each gym day.

Good Luck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version