Author Topic: First time cutting diet - any advise?  (Read 1634 times)

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
First time cutting diet - any advise?
« on: March 28, 2007, 06:30:14 AM »
Current stats are 5'8", 171 lbs at 13% bodyfat.  I'm trying to get down to about 8-10% by the end of May.  I've never really dieted down before, as when I was in my teens I always had visible abs because my metabolism was through the roof, but now it's slowed down and I have a few pounds to shed.  Any help you can give would be fantastic.

Meal 1 - 6am
1 scoop ON Whey Protein

Meal 2 - 8:30am
4 whole eggs
1 english muffin w/ 1tbsp jelly
multivitamin

Meal 3 - 11am
1 can tuna
2 slices whole grain whole wheat bread

Meal 4 - 1pm (preworkout)
1 scoop ON Whey Protein
1 medium apple
3 capsules VPX Redline

Meal 5 - 4pm (postworkout)
1-2 scoops ON Whey Protein
2-3 scoops Gatorade powder
100 mg alpha-lipoic acid

Meal 6 - 5pm
6oz chicken breast
1/2 baked potato, plain
2 cups mixed vegetables

Meal 7 - 8pm
1 can tuna
2 cups mixed vegetables

Meal 8 - 10:30 pm
1 scoop ON Pro Complex (whey/casein blend)
2 tbsp natural peanut butter
8oz fat free milk

The first meal at 6am I just have because that's when my wife gets up for work, so I'm up anyway.  I just drink a shake and go back to bed.  Any input?

210 and growing

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: First time cutting diet - any advise?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 06:32:30 AM »
that looks preety good - i would just roll with that for a month and see how you go - it is certainly clean enough

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 12:32:12 AM »
i dont get why people post there diet with no calories listed......well thats if u like guessing and a longer trial and error process

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 04:48:25 AM »
I don't like that diet at all, too much bread and sugar.  Not enough quality protein.  Make it simpler.  Emphasize real food and good clean, unprocessed carbs. More beef and chicken, less powder and tuna.

Chevybigguns

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 05:33:44 AM »
I agree, just like lifting get down to the basics the things that have been working for the last 40 years.

migizi

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 08:06:39 AM »
you need either fish oil caps or Macademia nut oil for omega 3's.  I'm taking it with Adonis' principles and it's working.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 01:09:10 PM »
Cut out the breads, cut out the gatorade and eat a banana or white rice.  Stick with whole foods.  You don't even need protien powders, complete waste of money.

If you followed most real bodybuilders, they all stick to whole foods when dieting and avoid powders.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 08:19:04 AM »
Cut out the breads, cut out the gatorade and eat a banana or white rice.  Stick with whole foods.  You don't even need protien powders, complete waste of money.

If you followed most real bodybuilders, they all stick to whole foods when dieting and avoid powders.

Just about every sample diet that I've ever seen has whey protein used for the pre- and post-workout meals.  What else do you suggest in its place that's digested as quickly?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 09:58:18 AM »
Eat a lean chicken breast an hour before your workout and after.  Protein supps are bunk.

migizi

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2007, 11:20:23 AM »
tilapia, tuna, and orange roughy, too; are fast digesting animal source protein, salmon a lil longer.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 11:37:54 AM »
Just about every sample diet that I've ever seen has whey protein used for the pre- and post-workout meals.  What else do you suggest in its place that's digested as quickly?

No!, whey has a place in your program, just dont go crazy with it.  Get that diet simpler, you dont need jelly, english muffins (unless we are talking UK girls :)) or gatorade, bread in moderation or not at all for the most part. No milk in your diet.

Here is a sample staple meal: 10oz beef, chicken or salmon. half a small sweet potato, 6 peices of asparugus.
preworkout meal: 2 tablespoons natural peunut butter, 2 scoops whey drink with water.
post work meal out get to your staple meal ASAP
For breakfast just add 3/4 cup of oats to your prework out type meal.  If you can eat eggs eat them (I cant cause im alerigec to them)
before bed have a whey drink.
Lots of water!

Try and eat 5-6 meals a day make 4 of them the (1) breakfast and (3) staple meals mentioned.