Author Topic: 2.5 Carats  (Read 6095 times)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: 2.5 Carats
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2007, 07:32:29 AM »
It's always effective to drop hints.  ;)
Oh, I'm not dropping hints, lol.

When my daughter got engaged, she wanted to do so with my mother's diamond ring.  That's all she wanted.  I gave it to her.  Michael thought it wrong and felt her fiance should have bought her a ring himself anyway.  He is old fashioned that way.  He is old fashioned in a lot of ways, which is wonderful.  He always unlocks and opens all doors for me (even if the car has an auto lock).  He pulls chairs out for me.  Likes to walk with my arm cradled in his arm.  The list goes on.  He might not act like it on here or look like he's quite the old fashioned gentleman, but he is and I love him for it.  His parents tought him well (and I love them for it).  :)
:D Weee

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2007, 07:44:39 AM »
Diamonds are forever......

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 08:28:46 AM »
Why does a woman need a rock to know that a man loves her?  :-\

Seems like a thing of vanity, rather then love. But that isn't surprising to me.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 08:35:35 AM »
It's the mastermind of the deBeer's diamond cartel. They did a number on the population by going after women.

By making women think that the only way a man can prove  his love for her is by buying her a diamond, they assure continual sales of their products. These days, it's just the little girls who fall for it, but since the little girls have so much influence over the little boys, ....the cycle is complete.

Plus too, if it's a good investment grade diamond, it truly can be a girl's best friend.
w

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2007, 08:52:56 AM »
North American gold is a joke. It's all 10K, ...maybe 14K if you're lucky to find it.

Italian gold is mostly 18K, and then you have other parts of the world who work primarily with 22K

Bangkok's the place. Chaing Mai has a factory you can walk thru and hand pick off the artisans benches or custom order. The clips are a issue w/ real gold, need go robust on them or lose the piece.
PM me if you or friends ever plan Thailand, my wife can get you discount res at many places, esp Ko Samui.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2007, 08:57:08 AM »
I know what you mean, Jag.

Being from a south asian culture myself, we place the same importance on gold. Has to be 22 or 24k.  ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2007, 09:01:23 AM »
Bangkok's the place. Chaing Mai has a factory you can walk thru and hand pick off the artisans benches or custom order. The clips are a issue w/ real gold, need go robust on them or lose the piece.
PM me if you or friends ever plan Thailand, my wife can get you discount res at many places, esp Ko Samui.

Thanks for the tip. I have people in Thailand and my partner visits regularly.
Infact she just got back. She went from the 10 - the 15th, however, you can never have too many Thai connections
w

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2007, 10:23:52 AM »
Thanks for the tip. I have people in Thailand and my partner visits regularly.
Infact she just got back. She went from the 10 - the 15th, however, you can never have too many Thai connections

It can be a difficult land for foreigners to navigate/ negotiate. (But the Thais love to haggel prices)
Getting some connections w/ cops & military etc is good idea. Law is never certain and as maleable as the 24K
gold. Some English speaking law/ Judaical connections dont hurt either, and never forget that the under  the table, black market, payola system is practically official. Need be discrete and understand how/ when to "bribe" in our words.
Best left to the Thais to handle that w/ officials.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2007, 10:42:05 AM »
It's the mastermind of the deBeer's diamond cartel. They did a number on the population by going after women.

By making women think that the only way a man can prove  his love for her is by buying her a diamond, they assure continual sales of their products. These days, it's just the little girls who fall for it, but since the little girls have so much influence over the little boys, ....the cycle is complete.

Plus too, if it's a good investment grade diamond, it truly can be a girl's best friend.

Now they're working their magic in the east.  Wedding rings are a fairly new phenomenon in China, and thanks to DeBeers, 80% of all new brides receive diamond rings.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2007, 10:50:12 AM »
Now they're working their magic in the east.  Wedding rings are a fairly new phenomenon in China, and thanks to DeBeers, 80% of all new brides receive diamond rings.

I'd like to see DeBeers go down the pipe! Top quality synthetics will help.