Author Topic: Larry Scott's ideas about training  (Read 101653 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
Re: Larry Scott's ideas about training
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2018, 04:28:27 AM »
Larry Scott took so many D-bol tablets his hair and liver started falling out and he had nosebleeds and severe headaches.

He became huge but almost killed himself.

As a result he disappeared from bodybuilding for many years.

So remember that when you consider the relevance of his training theories.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2018, 05:31:29 PM »
Larry Scott took so many D-bol tablets his hair and liver started falling out and he had nosebleeds and severe headaches.

I heard somebody else say the last decade plus of his life he was in ill health.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2018, 06:53:11 PM »
I heard somebody else say the last decade plus of his life he was in ill health.

He had Alzheimers at the end but I'm not sure how long he had it.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2018, 04:58:12 AM »
There is supposedly an interview in which Larry was asked if he used (dianabol), to which he very candidly replied, "Yeah... doesn't everybody?"
I've never seen or read this particular interview, but whether his reply was delivered seriously or tongue-in-cheek, I suspect it is a subtle admission at the very least.

Regardless, Larry wasn't doing anything that was off limits to his competition. And, I still believe that what set him apart was a combination of having Vince and Blair behind him, his own work ethic, and a tremendous genetic response to the training, nutrition, and supplements (including d-bol).

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2018, 05:18:14 AM »
All competitive bodybuilders use steroids. I don't think it's a big reveal he used dianabol. Right after his second Olympia win he went off all drugs and said he was devoting himself to his faith. He looked like he weighed 165lbs until many years later he gave an exhibition at a contest around 1975 or so weighing about 185lbs and he looked good. Not the 205lbs he competed at in his Olympia wins.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2018, 07:06:44 AM »
Larry Scott had an incredible physique there is no doubt.

Training advices from drug users are basically useless for non-druggers.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2018, 11:47:56 AM »

Didn't he die from complications from Alzheimer's disease in 2014 at the age of 76?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2018, 12:26:42 PM »
All competitive bodybuilders use steroids. I don't think it's a big reveal he used dianabol. Right after his second Olympia win he went off all drugs and said he was devoting himself to his faith. He looked like he weighed 165lbs until many years later he gave an exhibition at a contest around 1975 or so weighing about 185lbs and he looked good. Not the 205lbs he competed at in his Olympia wins.
                     the story with pics was chronicled in this issue of mr. america. he went from 205 to 185 or so then down to 168 lbs. reminds me of the alleged meeting of vince gironda and larry and some of the other top competitors of the day discussing a limit to the amount of drugs that they would use for contests.
F

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2018, 12:38:49 PM »
Didn't he die from complications from Alzheimer's disease in 2014 at the age of 76?

You are correct, sir.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2018, 12:42:08 PM »
                     the story with pics was chronicled in this issue of mr. america. he went from 205 to 185 or so then down to 168 lbs. reminds me of the alleged meeting of vince gironda and larry and some of the other top competitors of the day discussing a limit to the amount of drugs that they would use for contests.

You mean the "meeting" in which they discussed jumping from 5 to 5 and 1/8's CIBA dianabol tablets?
 ;D

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2018, 05:39:34 PM »
Funk,

Great cover shot of Don Howarth.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2020, 02:13:53 PM »

The visual for his liver falling out is gross....even though that probably isn't what you meant. Could  D-bol have contributed to his having Alzheimer's disease, which is what he died from at age 76.

Is heredity the reason I had early male pattern baldness or was it because I did a few cycles of D-bol? Did D-bol contribute to my having prostatitis from my 20's on. One thing I am certain of is that I could gain 30 lbs in less than 2 months when using D-bol @ the prescribed 5 mg a day.