Author Topic: Sprouts  (Read 2446 times)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
Sprouts
« on: August 09, 2007, 07:02:35 AM »

What are they good in?  I picked some up yesterday, some broccosprouts and a mixture one of alfalfa, clover, fennel, a cabbage (red?)  I think 1 other.  I put some in my tuna, didn't really taste them.  They got ALL over when I was mixing them in. It was like sprouts were everywhere!   I put the tuna mixture (which also had yellow and red peppers) on sprouted Ezekiel bread for a sprouty meal!

Anybody sprout their own?  If I like em and eat enough of them I might start to.

:)

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
Re: Sprouts
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 09:09:47 AM »
Other than a bit of garnishing I am not a fan of sprouts.
Shame you are eating toddler plants  :)

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 10:04:08 AM »
Other than a bit of garnishing I am not a fan of sprouts.
Shame you are eating toddler plants  :)

I know.   :(  They look like little green spermies.   :-X

powerpack

• Getbig IV
  • Time to get Buck wild!
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 10:11:16 AM »
  I know.   :(  They look like little green spermies.   :-X
LOL  :D
I did not mean that young.

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 10:15:02 AM »
LOL  :D
I did not mean that young.

;D     You can't really taste them in the tuna.  They really puff out after you open the container they come in! It was like I was even putting a dent in it no matter how much I took out!

I'm trying to incorporate some "raw" and "live" foods into my diet and sprouts are supposed to be pretty good for you. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 04:11:21 PM »
Not crazy about the "earthy" taste of sprouts (kinda the same earthiness of raw mushrooms :-X).  Don't know much about them.  I'm sure Dr D will chime in.
:

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 07:55:38 AM »
  Bump for sprouts!!

:D

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 08:21:29 AM »
S

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 08:24:43 AM »
Love em!

http://www.thefarm.org/charities/i4at/lib2/sprouts.htm

So how do you eat them?  In what?  On what?  What on them? 

They taste "dirt like' to me, so I have put them in tuna and in salads to hide the taste. 

Do you grow your own?  I don't know if I would eat that many of them where just buying a tray of them at the store every week would be easier. 

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 08:40:24 AM »
I love the Earthy taste.  I like to substitute them for lettuce on sandwiches and stuff.  I also add a little Italian dressing and eat them like a salad sometimes.  I'm going to try them in Tuna, thats such a good idea.  I hope it kind of hides the canned Tuna flavor.

I have never grown them in a jar, but I have grown thousands of sprouts out side, but they all turned into plants.  ;D
S

~flower~

• Getbig IV
  • D/s
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 11:14:32 AM »
I love the Earthy taste.  I like to substitute them for lettuce on sandwiches and stuff.  I also add a little Italian dressing and eat them like a salad sometimes.  I'm going to try them in Tuna, thats such a good idea.  I hope it kind of hides the canned Tuna flavor.

I have never grown them in a jar, but I have grown thousands of sprouts out side, but they all turned into plants.  ;D

ha! you want to hide the tuna flavor, and I want to hide the sprout flavor!!  ;D

In my salad they were good (I didn't notice them), but yesterday I used them instead of lettuce in a chicken wrap (made with an Ezekiel sprouted wrap  ;) ) and while I ate it, the sprouts were a bit much.  Maybe I put in too many?   It seems like the containers of sprouts I bought don't seem to be getting less full despite my making a number of meals with them.  They just "poof" out or something!   And they get all over the counter.   :P

I think I will try and keep them in my diet though.  Maybe I will just buy one container of them, alternating weekly between the broccosprouts and the mixed variety one. 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 06:09:01 PM »
i love alfafa sprouts in wraps of any kind... sprouts are good.. but i rarely buy them because they don't last long

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2007, 06:04:04 AM »
i love alfafa sprouts in wraps of any kind... sprouts are good.. but i rarely buy them because they don't last long
Fascinating