Author Topic: Pimples.... help!  (Read 13169 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Pimples.... help!
« on: October 22, 2008, 10:59:36 AM »
As you may know, about 3 weeks ago I stopped spending a ton of time arguing politics, and started focusing upon working out.  I've been training about an hour each day, 5 days per week.  I've also been doing cardio 4 times per week.  My protein has increased to about 300 to 350 grams. 

I'm getting a lot of acne suddenly. 

I had bad acne as a kid, when I was a wrestler and worked out 4-6 days per week.  I stopped working out at 19 or 20, and was fine for a long time.  Zero pimples for about a decade.  Suddenly, I'm working out every day consistently, and it's coming back just like it did when I was 16.

What can I do to solve this?  mostly back and shoulders, but some on face and scalp as well.  I thought it might have been an allergic reaction to something, but it came like clockwork with the nonstop working out (i used to train 3 days per week and no cardio).  I shower immediately after working out, and in the morning and night.  It doesn't seem like a cleanliness thing - skin just keeps producing oil all of a sudden.  Help!

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
Re: Working out & Acne
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 11:08:08 AM »
Get an anti biotic such as augmentin 850mg and order it online if you have too 2x per day.
Its a broad spectrum antibiotic that will kill essentially everything, including intestinal bacteria (good)
That you will replace later with yoghurt.
It will be gone.  The  thing is this as well, once it is gone, take a milder antibiotic
such as tetracycline 250mg 2x a day to keep that bacteria dead.  Then try 1 a day
then none.

Do NOT ENGAGE IN ACCUTANE.   Only as a last resort.
Most are all show no go!

Mjohnson81

• Getbig II
  • прощать
Re: Working out & Acne
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2008, 11:09:16 AM »

It's prob just from your body chemical levels changing.  I know for myself large amouts of hard exercising causes a drop on testosterone so you body is always changing depending on what you are doing, it might take a few weeks for your body to get used to your new system.  
Also, if you getting a lot on your back area it could be from laying on a bench, maybe its not you thats dirty but the benches and its rubbing shit into you skin.

Just a thought.

Rich2

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Pimples.... help!
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2008, 11:11:42 AM »
i've actually heard this really works.  i'm also guessing that your body's just responding to a natural increase in testosterone, and it'll go away fairly soon.

http://www.amazon.com/Zeno-Clearing-Device-60-Count-Cartridge/dp/B000JGERAO/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1224698970&sr=8-9

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2008, 11:13:09 AM »
Just curious 240, why are you eating anywhere NEAR that much protein? You are natural I assume? Under the BEST possible circumstances, you can maybe gain 3-5 lbs of 100% pure muscle in a year, and at least give your body a break. Excess "anything" (fat, protein, carbs) will result in fat gain. Your body doesnt just 'get rid' of the extra calories...

I used to do that also, eat about 300g's a day. How is your carb intake? Id recommend a much higher ratio of carbs and fats, if not for anything else but energy.

There is a great article ill try to find for you, it explains "why" excess protein is not worth it.

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2008, 11:16:20 AM »
get a haircut
change your bed linens, especially pillowcases, at least twice a week
try a stronger soap
go to a tanning bed (seriously this one probably works best)

as a last resort use accutane but only use half a dose, shit is very strong

yea, just "throw" that accutane in there  ::)

Unless he suffers from extreme acne, i wouldnt recommend anybody touch that. Serious research should be done beforehand. I was going to use it bc i had a "few pimples", but thankfully my dermatologist talked me out of it

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2008, 11:17:28 AM »
PCT sucks man, just give it time.  ;D

Spend some $ on acne washes and creams.  Overload swears by Benadryl 25mg/day, and someone posted a related study.  Don't take any crazy drugs that will fuck up the rest of you.  ::)  Get your old lady to pop the ones you can't reach.  Ahhh, romance.

Arkadius

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2008, 11:17:46 AM »
As you may know, about 3 weeks ago I stopped spending a ton of time arguing politics, and started focusing upon working out.  I've been training about an hour each day, 5 days per week.  I've also been doing cardio 4 times per week.  My protein has increased to about 300 to 350 grams. 

I had bad acne as a kid, when I was a wrestler and worked out 4-6 days per week.  I stopped working out at 19 or 20, and was fine for a long time.  Zero pimples for about a decade.  Suddenly, I'm working out every day consistently, and it's coming back just like it did when I was 16.

What can I do to solve this?  mostly back and shoulders, but some on face and scalp as well.  I thought it might have been an allergic reaction to something, but it came like clockwork with the nonstop working out (i used to train 3 days per week and no cardio).  I shower immediately after working out, and in the morning and night.  It doesn't seem like a cleanliness thing - skin just keeps producing oil all of a sudden.  Help!

Roaccutane-best medicine ever,i had very bad case of acne,nothing helped until i started using that.
R.I.P. Michael

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 11:25:43 AM »
Just curious 240, why are you eating anywhere NEAR that much protein? You are natural I assume?

I'm natural.  I just build a big pile of meat on the plate, six times a day, about 50 grams per serving.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2008, 11:30:02 AM »
 Overload swears by Benadryl 25mg/day, and someone posted a related study.

hey, that's funny... last night I did pop 2 benadryl (50 mg total) and the big ass zit on my face went down about 50% overnight.  being the little bitch that I am, panicking over everything, I thought maybe I was having an allergic reaction to something.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2008, 11:38:41 AM »
last night I did pop 2 benadryl (50 mg total)

And you call yourself natural.

There's a thread on the S&H board with the study, few weeks old now I think.

The cream that you're supposed to dab onto individual zits works well for me, but I spread it straight across the affected area with a drop of water on my fingertips after a shower, 2x a day.

Emmortal

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2008, 11:45:11 AM »
hey, that's funny... last night I did pop 2 benadryl (50 mg total) and the big ass zit on my face went down about 50% overnight.  being the little bitch that I am, panicking over everything, I thought maybe I was having an allergic reaction to something.

I've personally used this, just 1 tab a night is fine, after about a week or two your acne should be totally cleared up.

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2008, 11:46:33 AM »
I used to have that problem and changed soaps and started using lotion.

I use the Dove Sensitive Skin bar soap (since it is unscented) and Suave Lotion. Get them both at Target (cheap).

The lotion stops your skin from producing all of the extra oil to keep it mosturized.

I have not had a problem since I started using this combination years ago.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 11:51:50 AM »
If that over the counter stuff doesn't work,
Try an antibiotic as I said.
Most are all show no go!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 12:58:12 PM »
i've actually heard this really works.  i'm also guessing that your body's just responding to a natural increase in testosterone, and it'll go away fairly soon.

http://www.amazon.com/Zeno-Clearing-Device-60-Count-Cartridge/dp/B000JGERAO/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1224698970&sr=8-9

I wonder if applying very hot water/towel to the pimple would replicate the heating effect of the Zeno?

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2008, 01:16:19 PM »
where is the acne? ( back/face?) and how much? a lot/ a little?

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2008, 01:41:12 PM »
zits are manly. You are all flamers.

Bluto would agree w/ me.
$

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2008, 01:45:59 PM »
Up your FIBRE!!!
Serious take in 30 grams per day. Flax meal.
Regular full daily bowel movements. 1-2 times per day

U got toxins kicking around in your bowel from all that protein...
So flush em out

The Freakshow

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Jeremiah 29:11-13
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 03:46:15 PM »
One other benefit of the lotion for 240 is........

It will keep the gun powder from your Glock from getting into your pores ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 04:04:12 PM »
One other benefit of the lotion for 240 is........

It will keep the gun powder from your Glock from getting into your pores ;D

I clean my glock more frequently than my genitals.  Maybe you're onto something!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 04:05:08 PM »
where is the acne? ( back/face?) and how much? a lot/ a little?

maybe 10 small ones, distributed on back and shuolders, where i normally have zero.  Very small, but I want to nip them now, before it gets bad.  only 3 on face, but 1 is brutal. 

Some great advice here, much appreciated!

ASJChaotic

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 04:05:36 PM »

what the hell are you doing consuming 300 to 350 grams of protein?  :o

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 04:06:05 PM »

Use one of those womens scrubber things, "Loofa" pads, I think ???
Scrub with soap and that thing.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 04:06:35 PM »
what the hell are you doing consuming 300 to 350 grams of protein?  :o

I'm trying to grow.  About 50 grams per meal - a big pile of meat.   Whey meals are two scoops - so maybe that's only 42 grams on those meals.

ASJChaotic

« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 04:32:55 PM »
I'm trying to grow.  About 50 grams per meal - a big pile of meat.   Whey meals are two scoops - so maybe that's only 42 grams on those meals.
how many calories are you getting in your diet bro? cuz 350 grams is 3 times what I get in protein in a day :o
remember, your body only uses a certain amount of protein, after that, you pee it out or it's saved as bodyfat
consuming excess protein won't make you grow faster
it takes time to put on muscle  ;)
this is why guys lift weights for 2 weeks thinking they are gonna get huge, then give up
TIME  :)