Author Topic: Sotomayor nominated to high court — first Hispanic  (Read 8965 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Sotomayor nominated to high court — first Hispanic
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2009, 06:06:05 PM »
are your posts meant to be some sort of joke or weird performance art?

hahaha, I think so... Can can anyone take him serious?  Albert G. was bad so all hispanics are bad...  WTF lol...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2009, 06:06:52 PM »
hahaha, I think so... Can can anyone take him serious?  Albert G. was bad so all hispanics are bad...  WTF lol...

Just more focusing on minutia...
I hate the State.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2009, 06:01:56 AM »
Does anyone with even an inkling of a legal education ( which is probably a reach on getbig) have a slightly compelling argument as to why this blatantly political appointment to the bench, saddled with questionable intelligence and radical views should be nominated to the highest court in the land?

Gee- Lets appoint the most far left judge we can find- Make sure shes Spanish and a woman, so when the republicans rightly tear her to shreds, we can all call them racists and attempt to further alienate them from the young, braindead, brainwashed, minority and female voters.

The CT fire dept case holding was a poorly written and disgraceful joke of an opinion that flew in the face of more than 30 years of Supreme Court precedent. Lets also not forget, one of the firefighters who was wrongfully denied employment ( beyond the disabled white guy) was actually LATINO.

As the article above illustrates, her lone relevant ruling in the baseball strike case was the result of a technical gaffe committed by one of the litigants. Hardly compelling stuff to say the least. Do you think its an accident that 60% of her decisions have been overturned by the Supreme Court?

Alberto Gonzalez was the dirt poor son of migrant workers ( yes, poorer than Sotomayor), joined the airforce, was admitted to the airforce academy where he graduated at the top of his class and went on to attend Harvard Law school. Where were the ticker tape parades and ass licking editorials when he was made AG? Another poster alluded to a Bush judicial nominee that was also of a modest Latino background that the democrats fillbusted into the ground.

Dont kid yourselves, this is a political move that has jack shit to do with picking a compatent jurist to sit atop the highest court of the land. 

And Benny BTW- If you hadn't gotten your legal education from the back of an MC Hammer trading card, you would realize that this woman wants to MAKE law, not INTERPRET the law.

The only plus I can see in this appointment is that Sotomayor went to Cardinal Spellman in the Bx. With Scalia as an alumni from Xaiver high school in Manhattan, thats two Supreme Court justices that are alumni from NYC Catholic high schools- (I guess Im in pretty good company).

Where did you go? I remember the CHSAA track meets at Iona and Randalls Island.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2009, 06:39:28 PM »
St. Francis- The first school in NYC where the swine flu epidemic hit

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2009, 07:49:53 PM »
Didn't she affirm a fire department throwing out a promotion test because the black candidates did not do well on it and the whites did?  That's discrimination against whites if I ever heard it.

Her ethnicity might become an issue based on her comments that she would be a better judge than a white man because of her experiences as a Latino woman.  Does that mean her jaded life of growing up rough will make her more likely to feel for the douchebags in society?  I think she has a chip on her shoulder, but I don't know much about her yet.

It's true Barry was raised by his grandparents, who were white, so I don't know if he outright hates white people but his association with black radicals makes me think he has some prejudicial leanings.  His wife has confirmed her hatred for America until hubby Barry won the presidency and she also has made negative comments about whites, something a white president could never do about blacks.

Buuuuttttt, back to this judge.  She is more liberal than Souter and she will piss businesses off, and likely make piss poor decisions on social issues.

How did her comments reveal hatred for America. Her comments seemed remarkably tame, ...especially when juxtaposed next to Jesse Ventura's recent statements. Using your scale, ...there's a man who truly HATES America, ...so much so, he can't wait to get the hell out and live in Mexico half the year. Why aren't you busting his balls?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2009, 07:52:05 PM »
I am not going to presume what or how people are going to think based upon their skin color. 

Base it on their experience then. These experiences inform their opinions & perspectives.
Unfortunately, all too often in America, one's experience can be  affected by both their colour, and their ethnicity.
w

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2009, 08:20:31 PM »
How did her comments reveal hatred for America. Her comments seemed remarkably tame, ...especially when juxtaposed next to Jesse Ventura's recent statements. Using your scale, ...there's a man who truly HATES America, ...so much so, he can't wait to get the hell out and live in Mexico half the year. Why aren't you busting his balls?
He's a nutjob who most people don't take seriously.  I don't agree with most of what he says and frankly he should keep his mouth shut about what the government does in some respects, especially with regards to the CIA.  I don't like that Jesse Ventura needs to boast about being a SEAL all the time.  SEALs do like to brag but not nearly as much as Ventura does. 

The difference between the two is that he was a governor of a state people could care less about, a minstrel show at best.  When you compare him to the first lady, her comments are a lot more scary and offensive.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2009, 08:32:27 PM »
He's a nutjob who most people don't take seriously.

Enough people took him seriously in Minnesota to enable him as an Independant to beat Dem & Repub candidates

I don't agree with most of what he says and frankly he should keep his mouth shut about what the government does in some respects, especially with regards to the CIA.  I don't like that Jesse Ventura needs to boast about being a SEAL all the time.  SEALs do like to brag but not nearly as much as Ventura does. 

The difference between the two is that he was a governor of a state people could care less about, a minstrel show at best.  When you compare him to the first lady, her comments are a lot more scary and offensive.

"For the 1st time in my adult life, I'm proud of my country" - Michelle Obama

-or-

"I'm ashamed of my country" - Jesse Ventura

Which comment sounds like it is expressing praise for a country, ...and which one expresses hatred & censure?

You have a woman praising Americans for recognizing & acknowledging how special her husband is,
...and you have a former Navy Seal publicly saying he wants to torture (waterboard) the former Vice President.... torture him until he confesses to the Tate murders, ...and you think HER comments are scarier? ???

You're such a little pinocchio face.  :P  {lol} I hope you're not sitting directly in front of your monitor right now.
w

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2009, 08:40:31 PM »
Enough people took him seriously in Minnesota to enable him as an Independant to beat Dem & Repub candidates

"For the 1st time in my adult life, I'm proud of my country" - Michelle Obama

-or-

"I'm ashamed of my country" - Jesse Ventura

Which comment sounds like it is expressing praise for a country, ...and which one expresses hatred & censure?

You have a woman praising Americans for recognizing & acknowledging how special her husband is,
...and you have a former Navy Seal publicly saying he wants to torture (waterboard) the former Vice President.... torture him until he confesses to the Tate murders, ...and you think HER comments are scarier? ???

You're such a little pinocchio face.  :P  {lol} I hope you're not sitting directly in front of your monitor right now.
First lady or governor?  I'd say First lady is more important.  Due to the fact that Ventura is a cook who is known for saying stupid things, the waterboarding comment is laughable.  I think the guy is an idiot and should keep his mouth shut about "SEAL this" and "SEAL that".  He likes the spot light and likes attention.  It's funny he makes comments about torture when the SOF force he belonged to committed thousands of murders in Vietnam.

Michelle is saying that prior to her mulatto husband being elected president she was not proud of her country because there was not a man with any "black blood" running through his veins sitting in the Oval Office.  yes, I think those comments are stupid and offensive.  As if to say this country wasn't good until Barry got into office.

By the way, the term "SEAL" should be all caps.
Squishy face retard

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2009, 11:13:17 PM »
First lady or governor?  I'd say First lady is more important.  Due to the fact that Ventura is a cook who is known for saying stupid things, the waterboarding comment is laughable.  I think the guy is an idiot and should keep his mouth shut about "SEAL this" and "SEAL that".  He likes the spot light and likes attention.  It's funny he makes comments about torture when the SOF force he belonged to committed thousands of murders in Vietnam.

Michelle is saying that prior to her mulatto husband being elected president she was not proud of her country because there was not a man with any "black blood" running through his veins sitting in the Oval Office.  yes, I think those comments are stupid and offensive.  As if to say this country wasn't good until Barry got into office.

By the way, the term "SEAL" should be all caps.

No, Michelle was saying this due to the nations long history of marginalyzing & overlooking qualified Blacks for no other reason than the color of their skin. When she observes her fellow country men putting aside their bigotry to do the right thing, ...she feels she has every reason to be proud. Don't you feel proud of your country when they do the right thing?

Jesse's statement on the other hand isn't one expressing pride, ...he's flat out stating he is ashamed.
Not only is he ashamed, ...but he wants to torture the former Vice President into extracting a murder confession.
With his heart condition, ...do you think Cheney would last an hour? Jesse Ventura wants to kill the former VP and you're fine with that?  :o   :o ...but it's not ok for the soon-to-be First Lady to feel proud of her country?   :-\
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2009, 06:30:37 AM »
Jaguar with yet another irrelevant detour to hijack a once vibrant thread.

Who gives a shit about Michelle Obama and a former WWF wrestler? This is a topic about a Supreme Court apointee.

Cap is 100% right in his assessment of Sodamayor

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2009, 07:35:38 AM »
No, Michelle was saying this due to the nations long history of marginalyzing & overlooking qualified Blacks for no other reason than the color of their skin. When she observes her fellow country men putting aside their bigotry to do the right thing, ...she feels she has every reason to be proud. Don't you feel proud of your country when they do the right thing?

Jesse's statement on the other hand isn't one expressing pride, ...he's flat out stating he is ashamed.
Not only is he ashamed, ...but he wants to torture the former Vice President into extracting a murder confession.
With his heart condition, ...do you think Cheney would last an hour? Jesse Ventura wants to kill the former VP and you're fine with that?  :o   :o ...but it's not ok for the soon-to-be First Lady to feel proud of her country?   :-\
To do the right thing?  So you admit that Barry was is the token mulatto president?  It was the right thing to vote in a mulatto just to prove a majority of the country is not bigoted?  He was not the most qualified person with black genes that has run for the office.  He ran at a time where people did not like Bush and he jumped in.  If he didn't win despite the hatred for Bush then people would have looked like racists.  I would have been more okay with Hilary than Barry, simply because shes more qualified and would have likely carried out the office like her husband.

The right thing?  I really can't believe you made that statement.  Even though he supported Barry recently, I would have voted for Powell if he ran on the Republican ticket in 2008.  Why?  Because he's qualified, intelligent and experienced.  Barry has one of those three qualities.
Squishy face retard

Stormspirit

• Getbig IV
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2009, 07:41:01 AM »
obama is the same as bush

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2009, 01:59:19 PM »
Ken Starr Backs Sotomayor
By Jerry Markon

Kenneth W. Starr – investigator of President Bill Clinton and longtime pillar of the conservative legal establishment – has endorsed President Obama’s choice for the Supreme Court.

During a question-and-answer session after a speech Thursday in Los Angeles, Starr said he “supported the nomination” of Sonia Sotomayor to the high court, according to a statement issued by Starr’s office at Pepperdine University Law School, where he is Dean.

Starr told the gathering at Loyola Law School that he “thinks very well” of Sotomayor, whose nomination has triggered strong opposition from conservative groups.

The statement added that Starr still wants “a variety of issues” explored at Sotomayor’s Senate confirmation hearings, including her controversial remark in 2001 that she hoped a “wise Latina woman” would tend to decide cases better than a white male.

Starr, the deeply religious son of a San Antonio minister, is a former Republican-appointed federal appeals court judge and U.S. solicitor general. He is best known, of course, for his role as independent counsel investigating Whitewater and Clinton’s relationship with White House intern Monica S. Lewinsky, which led to the president’s impeachment.

Starr’s affinity for Sotomayor may surprise his former colleagues on the political right, including former Attorney General Edwin Meese III, who is a key organizer of the opposition to Sotomayor. Meese and Starr served together in the Reagan administration, where Starr was a top Justice Department official.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2022, 07:14:59 AM »
She is a liar and scam artist. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2022, 11:12:08 AM »
She is a liar and scam artist. 

This is pretty disturbing.  I'd like to know where she got the 100,000 number from. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: January 11, 2022, 04:39:23 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: January 11, 2022, 04:47:51 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: January 18, 2022, 01:14:00 PM »
Report: Sonia Sotomayor Still Working Remotely Because Neil Gorsuch Won’t Wear Mask in Court
Breitbart ^ | 01/18/2022 | Joel B Pollack
Posted on 1/18/2022, 2:06:30 PM by

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor will continue to work remotely instead of appearing in person at the U.S. Supreme Court because fellow Justice Neil Gorsuch refuses to wear a mask in court, according to a report by National Public Radio.

NPR reported Tuesday that the justices were like a “dysfunctional family”:

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #69 on: January 18, 2022, 02:28:57 PM »
Report: Sonia Sotomayor Still Working Remotely Because Neil Gorsuch Won’t Wear Mask in Court

Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor will continue to work remotely instead of appearing in person at the U.S. Supreme Court because fellow Justice Neil Gorsuch refuses to wear a mask in court, according to a report by National Public Radio.

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #70 on: January 18, 2022, 03:41:40 PM »

Obese and diabetic, she's doing what someone like her should be doing - allowing the rest of the world to function.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2022, 04:25:44 PM »
Obese and diabetic, she's doing what someone like her should be doing - allowing the rest of the world to function.

Eats too much Taco Bell. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2022, 11:38:39 PM »

They are both fully vaccinated so he doesn't need to wear a mask, particularly if it's a cloth mask that doesn't work.  But they are both acting like little kids. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2022, 11:14:44 AM »
LMFAO!     Stop binging on taco bell you land whale! 

Media Meltdown Over Justice Sotomayor's Failure to Cope with the Risk of Living with Covid
PJ Media ^ | 01/20/2022 | Megan Fox
Posted on 1/19/2022, 11:22:10 AM

The usual sources of outrage are all atwitter over the fact that Justice Sotomayor isn’t a queen with the authority to demand that other justices wear face gags at her behest. Apparently, the overweight and diabetic Sotomayor wants everyone around her to take extra precautions to care for her after she didn’t care for herself, which puts her in a higher risk category for COVID complications. While her Type 1 diabetes was not avoidable, Sotomayor’s weight problem is surely manageable through diet and exercise. She isn’t hiring a personal trainer or going on a diet; oh no, that would require personal responsibility. Instead, she is demanding that everyone around her wear masks or she will stay in her office and zoom into hearings.

What a perfect solution! That’s where she should stay.

Nina Totenberg reports that (1) the Chief Justice asked his colleagues to mask up out of respect for Sotomayor’s health concerns, (2) only Gorsuch refused, and (3) his refusal forced Sotomayor to participate in arguments and conference remotely.

https://t.co/DmsQV8j7Wz pic.twitter.com/7JG5hMN0q7

— Mark Joseph Stern (@mjs_DC) January 18, 2022

Anyone at this point, when there are vaccines and therapeutics available to deal with COVID, who is still demanding that you do something to keep them safe should be given a hard “no.” Justice Gorsuch has done just that and is refusing to wear a mask. Good. Let the hypochondriacs live a life confined inside, alone, separated from all society, and ordering from Grubhub. The rest of us have things to do.

Life is risk, your highness.

(Excerpt) Read more at pjmedia.com ...

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2022, 03:47:13 PM »
He's a monster!