Author Topic: (2nd Aug) Love Or Hate?  (Read 6524 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
Re: (2nd Aug) Love Or Hate?
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2009, 06:31:05 AM »
I really don't think people would jump at the opportunity to pay for tickets to watch MVP headline a show.

They wouldn't at the moment, but he's one that could be there in the future.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 01:18:43 PM »
Same goes for Rocky Miavia. Then look what he turned out to be. I think MVP is definitely headliner bound someday.
Rock was also only 23 years old with lots of time to bloom. MVP is already in his mid 30's.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2009, 01:47:53 PM »
Rock was also only 23 years old with lots of time to bloom. MVP is already in his mid 30's.

True, but he's got bags of charisma when they let him show it, plus he's good in the ring.  Batista was in his 30's when they brought him in.  All MVP needs is a star name push.  Pair him with a Cena/HHH for a while and he'll be there.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2009, 05:50:59 AM »
True, but he's got bags of charisma when they let him show it, plus he's good in the ring.  Batista was in his 30's when they brought him in.  All MVP needs is a star name push.  Pair him with a Cena/HHH for a while and he'll be there.
Batista has the body and the high impact moves like all the other great big men before him. Warrior, Hogan, etc. MVP has a ridiculous costume and decent Mike skills. That's about it. He will eventually fade off onto the Smackdown roster and then ECW and then the door.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 07:47:41 AM »
Batista has the body and the high impact moves like all the other great big men before him. Warrior, Hogan, etc. MVP has a ridiculous costume and decent Mike skills. That's about it. He will eventually fade off onto the Smackdown roster and then ECW and then the door.

I can't say I'm a fan of the costume either, they need to get him into something else.  But doesn't he have some gang-style tattoo's that he doesn't want on show?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2009, 10:24:00 AM »
I can't say I'm a fan of the costume either, they need to get him into something else.  But doesn't he have some gang-style tattoo's that he doesn't want on show?
Sorry guys, I just can't see people buying tickets to see mvp main event anywhere. Flair yes. Hogan yes. Savage yes. MVP???? I don't thingk so.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2009, 02:01:01 PM »
Sorry guys, I just can't see people buying tickets to see mvp main event anywhere. Flair yes. Hogan yes. Savage yes. MVP???? I don't thingk so.

Who else have they got to replace the older guys though?  John Morrison doesn't have the charisma, Swagger is always gonna be a heel,  Miz is just no...  In 5 years time who will we have in main events?   

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2009, 02:11:45 PM »
Who else have they got to replace the older guys though?  John Morrison doesn't have the charisma, Swagger is always gonna be a heel,  Miz is just no...  In 5 years time who will we have in main events?   
That's why they are in all in a panic backstage. Vince is extremely on edge (no pun intended). Its not now that the product is bad but it will be 5 years from now when all the top dogs retire. 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2009, 02:12:38 PM »
I have never been a Cena fan.

some would argue that he, much like many have said about Ultimate Warrior, was all about the ring enterance and character, and fell flat once the bell rang.

however, even then, he never connected with the fans like Warrior did. just watch some old warrior clips from circa 1989. that was popularity.

Cena is a flash in the pan, and I too do not like the whole wigger persona..
Flower Boy Ran Away