Author Topic: Parental Discipline or Child Abuse?  (Read 17482 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: Parental Discipline or Child Abuse?
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 04:42:23 PM »

You questioning this?

Is this discipline or abuse? 

Texas Judge Caught on Video Beating Daughter 'Needs Help'
Published November 03, 2011
Associated Press

This undated image provided by the Aransas County, Texas Court-at-Law webpage shows Aransas County Judge William Adams.
Hillary Adams says that until last week, only a couple of close friends knew about the savage beating she received seven years ago from her father, a Texas judge who handles child abuse cases.

Now the beating is on display to the world on YouTube thanks to a secret video she made, and her father, Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams, is the subject of a police investigation.

Hillary Adams, 23, says the outpouring of support and encouragement she's received since posting the 2004 video online last week is tempered by the sadness that it's her father lashing her 17 times with a belt and threatening to beat her "into submission." The 8-minute video had been watched nearly 2 million times by Thursday morning.

Nov. 2: Hillary Adams, daughter of Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams, walks outside her mother's home in Portland, Texas.

In this March 17, 2005, photo Hillary Adams, the daughter of Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams, practices the piano at her home in Rockport, Texas

"I'm experiencing some regret because I just pulled the covers off my own father's misbehavior after so many people thought he was such a good person. ... But so many people are also telling me I did the right thing," she told The Associated Press outside her mother's home in the Gulf Coast town of Portland, near Corpus Christi.

"He's supposed to be a judge who exercises fit judgment," she said."I cannot stress enough -- I cannot repeat myself enough, that he just needs help."

And she said the videoed attack was not a one-off. "It did happen regularly for a period of time," she told NBC's "Today" show on Thursday.

GRAPHIC WARNING: Click here to see the video

In the same interview, Hallie Adams blamed her ex-husband's bouts of violence on his "addiction," calling it a "family secret." She did not elaborate. Their 22-year marriage ended in 2007.

The judge did not return an AP reporter's call seeking comment early Thursday.

Police in Rockport, where the 51-year-old judge lives, opened an investigation Wednesday after receiving calls from several concerned citizens, Police Chief Tim Jayroe said.

William Adams has been receiving threatening phone calls and faxes at the courthouse since the video went online, Aransas County Sheriff Bill Mills said.

No one answered the door Wednesday at the judge's home, repeated calls to his office rang unanswered and his attorney, William Dudley, did not respond to phone messages seeking comment. A neighbor said she saw Adams and his girlfriend packing luggage, a briefcase and rifles into their truck.

Corpus Christi television station KZTV caught up with the judge while he was getting into his vehicle Wednesday, and he confirmed it was him in the video. But he said it "looks worse than it is" and that he doesn't expect to be disciplined.

"In my mind, I haven't done anything wrong other than discipline my child after she was caught stealing," Adams said. "And I did lose my temper, but I've since apologized."

When told of her father's comments, Hillary Adams said, "it's a shining perfect example of his personality and he believes he can do no wrong. ... He will cover up rather than admit to what he did and try to come clean."

She stressed that she did not post the video as revenge and does not want her father punished. Rather, she did it because she thinks it will force him to seek help, and because he has been harassing her and she thought posting the clip would make that stop.

"We need to reach out to victims and the abusers themselves to get people to realize what it actually is," she said.Hillary, who was 16 at the time, said she secretly videotaped the beating in her bedroom because she "knew something was about to happen." She says her parents were angry at her for using her computer to download pirated content over the Internet.

In the clip's opening seconds, William Adams is heard telling Hillary's mother, "Go get the belt. The big one. I'm going to spank her now." With belt in hand, he turns off the light and tries forcing his daughter to bend over the bed to be beaten, but she refuses.

"Lay down or I'll spank you in your (expletive) face," Adams screams while he lashes her with sweeping blows across the legs, ignoring her wails and pleas for him to stop.

A few minutes into the video, Hillary's mother barks at her to "turn over like a 16-year-old and take it! Like a grown woman!" For about a minute, the ordeal appears to have ended after both parents leave the room and shut the door. But the judge then storms back into the room and the beating resumes.

Hallie Adams said she was "completely brainwashed and controlled" by her ex-husband.

"I did every single thing that he did," she told NBC. Hillary Adams said she is not angry at her mother.

Child advocates roundly condemned the beating as abuse. But investigators may decide that the judge's actions, while shocking, weren't criminal.

The lines between what's deemed child abuse and what's considered an acceptable level of discipline differ across the country and among various social groups, though the use of objects such as belts and sticks is usually seen as beyond any normal physical punishment, said David Finkelhor, a University of New Hampshire sociology professor who heads the school's Crimes against Children Research Center.

Adams, Aransas County's top judge, was elected in 2001 and has dealt with at least 349 family law cases in the past year alone, nearly 50 of which involved state caseworkers seeking determine whether parents were fit to raise their children.

Patrick Crimmins, a spokesman for the state Department of Family and Protective Services, said in an email that the agency is aware of the video and "will take the appropriate steps in this matter." He said the agency would have no further comment.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/03/texas-judge-caught-on-video-beating-daughter-needs-help/

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 04:42:58 PM »
Should have stayed off the internet. L-O-L!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 05:07:27 PM »
You questioning this?

that's what I thought... He's probably the only one on the net who would ask.  He never wants to put his opinion out there for some reason.  He'll listen to others and then agree or disagree.

This one is kind of a no shit... If it looks like a scene out of Passion of the Christ, it's abuse dude. lol...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 05:09:22 PM »
You questioning this?

Uh . . . I think I asked the question . . . . 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 08:11:45 PM »
A punk move by the daughter if this is true:  "William Adams, 51, issued a three-page statement Thursday saying his daughter posted the clip to get back at him for telling her he would be reducing the amount of financial support he gives her and taking away her Mercedes."

Police Won't File Charges Against Texas Judge Caught on Video Beating Daughter
Associated Press

This undated image provided by the Aransas County, Texas Court-at-Law webpage shows Aransas County Judge William Adams.
A Texas family law judge whose daughter secretly videotaped him savagely beating her seven years ago won't face criminal charges because too much time has elapsed, police said Thursday.

Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams likely would have been charged with causing injury to a child or other assault-related offenses for the 2004 beating of his then-16-year-old daughter, but the five-year statutes of limitations expired, Rockport Police Chief Tim Jayroe said.

"We believe that there was a criminal offense involved and that there was substantial evidence to indicate that and under normal circumstances ... a charge could have been made," Jayroe said. He said the district attorney determined he couldn't bring charges, and that police would discuss the case with federal prosecutors even though he doesn't believe federal charges would apply.

Nov. 2: Hillary Adams, daughter of Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams, walks outside her mother's home in Portland, Texas.

In this March 17, 2005, photo Hillary Adams, the daughter of Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams, practices the piano at her home in Rockport, Texas

Hillary Adams, now 23, posted the 8-minute clip on YouTube last week that shows her father viciously lashing her with a belt and trying to force her to bend over her bed to be beaten despite her wails and pleas to stop. The clip had received more than 2.4 million hits as of Thursday, and police began investigating Wednesday after hearing from concerned citizens.

William Adams, 51, issued a three-page statement Thursday saying his daughter posted the clip to get back at him for telling her he would be reducing the amount of financial support he gives her and taking away her Mercedes. The statement did not include an apology for the beating, but he told Corpus Christi television station KZTV on Wednesday that the video "looks worse than it is," that he had already apologized to his daughter and that he was just disciplining his child for stealing.

Hillary Adams says her parents were angry because she had downloaded pirated content online, and that she turned on the camera because she sensed something was going to happen.

William Adams, who presides over child abuse cases, is still being investigated by the state's judicial conduct commission and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, which on Thursday requested that he be removed from its cases until the investigation concludes.

Patrick Crimmins, a spokesman for the agency, declined to elaborate on the exact nature of the investigation. But he said that in general, the agency would only investigate a case in which a suspected abuse victim has already reached adulthood if there are still children in the home who could be at risk. Adams was granted joint custody of his 10-year-old daughter in his 2007 divorce.

There are no allegations of alleged abuse by Adams against his younger daughter, who primarily resides with her mother, Hallie Adams. Crimmins declined to say whether his agency is investigating the parental fitness of Hallie Adams, who lashed Hillary once during the 2004 beating.

Crimmins said his agency ordinarily wouldn't disclose that it is investigating someone, but that it did in this case because the investigation is the reason it requested that William Adams be taken off its cases.

Jayroe said that police did not interview the younger daughter, but asked both Hallie and Hillary Adams about it and there was no indication of abuse of the younger daughter.

In his statement Thursday, Adams said he would "respond" to all investigations. As Aransas County's top judge, he has dealt with at least 349 family law cases in the past year alone, nearly 50 of which involved state caseworkers seeking determine whether parents were fit to raise their children.

County officials confirmed that Adams will not hear cases related to Child Protective Services for at least the next two weeks. And the top administrator in Aransas County cast doubt on whether Adams could credibly return to the bench.

"I would think it would be very difficult," said Aransas County Judge C.H. "Burt" Mills Jr. "Personally I don't see how he can recover from this."

If the judicial commission and police investigations don't lead to punishment or charges, Adams could be safe on the bench until he's up for re-election in three years.

Hillary Adams said she waited so long to expose her father because she was terrified at what might have happened had she done so while still living under his roof. She said the outpouring of support and encouragement she's received since posting the clip is tempered by the sadness that it's her father repeatedly lashing her with a belt and threatening to beat her "into submission."

During an interview with her and her mother Thursday on NBC's "Today" show, Hillary Adams said her father regularly beat her for a period of time. She has repeatedly said she didn't post the clip to spite her father, and that she hopes it forces him to seek help.

Her mother blamed her ex-husband's bouts of violence on an "addiction." She called it a "family secret," but declined to elaborate.

In his statement, though, William Adams painted a starkly different picture of why his daughter posted the clip.

"Just prior to the YouTube upload, a concerned father shared with his 23-year-old daughter that he was unwilling to continue to work hard and be her primary source of financial support, if she was going to simply `drop out,' and strive to achieve no more in life than to work part time at a video game store," Adams' statement said. "Hillary warned her father if he reduced her financial support, and took away her Mercedes automobile, which her father had provided, he would live to regret it."

Hillary Adams did not immediately respond to email requests Thursday seeking a response.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/11/03/texas-judge-caught-on-video-beating-daughter-needs-help/

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2011, 06:59:08 AM »

lol, well since you asked the question and responded to the way you did, I would say that if its you getting the beating then no its not abuse because you are clearly very thick headed and don't understand any other form of communication. If it was anyone else then , yes it's abuse.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2011, 09:12:54 AM »
A punk move by the daughter if this is true:  "William Adams, 51, issued a three-page statement Thursday saying his daughter posted the clip to get back at him for telling her he would be reducing the amount of financial support he gives her and taking away her Mercedes."

Associated Press

A Texas family law judge whose daughter secretly videotaped him savagely beating her seven years ago won't face criminal charges because too much time has elapsed, police said Thursday.

Aransas County Court-at-Law Judge William Adams likely would have been charged with causing injury to a child or other assault-related offenses for the 2004 beating of his then-16-year-old daughter, but the five-year statutes of limitations expired, Rockport Police Chief Tim Jayroe said.

"We believe that there was a criminal offense involved and that there was substantial evidence to indicate that and under normal circumstances ... a charge could have been made," Jayroe said. He said the district attorney determined he couldn't bring charges, and that police would discuss the case with federal prosecutors even though he doesn't believe federal charges would apply.

Hillary Adams, now 23, posted the 8-minute clip on YouTube last week that shows her father viciously lashing her with a belt and trying to force her to bend over her bed to be beaten despite her wails and pleas to stop. The clip had received more than 2.4 million hits as of Thursday, and police began investigating Wednesday after hearing from concerned citizens.

William Adams, 51, issued a three-page statement Thursday saying his daughter posted the clip to get back at him for telling her he would be reducing the amount of financial support he gives her and taking away her Mercedes. The statement did not include an apology for the beating, but he told Corpus Christi television station KZTV on Wednesday that the video "looks worse than it is," that he had already apologized to his daughter and that he was just disciplining his child for stealing.

Hillary Adams says her parents were angry because she had downloaded pirated content online, and that she turned on the camera because she sensed something was going to happen.

William Adams, who presides over child abuse cases, is still being investigated by the state's judicial conduct commission and the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services, which on Thursday requested that he be removed from its cases until the investigation concludes.

Patrick Crimmins, a spokesman for the agency, declined to elaborate on the exact nature of the investigation. But he said that in general, the agency would only investigate a case in which a suspected abuse victim has already reached adulthood if there are still children in the home who could be at risk. Adams was granted joint custody of his 10-year-old daughter in his 2007 divorce.

There are no allegations of alleged abuse by Adams against his younger daughter, who primarily resides with her mother, Hallie Adams. Crimmins declined to say whether his agency is investigating the parental fitness of Hallie Adams, who lashed Hillary once during the 2004 beating.

Crimmins said his agency ordinarily wouldn't disclose that it is investigating someone, but that it did in this case because the investigation is the reason it requested that William Adams be taken off its cases.

Jayroe said that police did not interview the younger daughter, but asked both Hallie and Hillary Adams about it and there was no indication of abuse of the younger daughter.

In his statement Thursday, Adams said he would "respond" to all investigations. As Aransas County's top judge, he has dealt with at least 349 family law cases in the past year alone, nearly 50 of which involved state caseworkers seeking determine whether parents were fit to raise their children.

County officials confirmed that Adams will not hear cases related to Child Protective Services for at least the next two weeks. And the top administrator in Aransas County cast doubt on whether Adams could credibly return to the bench.

"I would think it would be very difficult," said Aransas County Judge C.H. "Burt" Mills Jr. "Personally I don't see how he can recover from this."

If the judicial commission and police investigations don't lead to punishment or charges, Adams could be safe on the bench until he's up for re-election in three years.

Hillary Adams said she waited so long to expose her father because she was terrified at what might have happened had she done so while still living under his roof. She said the outpouring of support and encouragement she's received since posting the clip is tempered by the sadness that it's her father repeatedly lashing her with a belt and threatening to beat her "into submission."

During an interview with her and her mother Thursday on NBC's "Today" show, Hillary Adams said her father regularly beat her for a period of time. She has repeatedly said she didn't post the clip to spite her father, and that she hopes it forces him to seek help.

Her mother blamed her ex-husband's bouts of violence on an "addiction." She called it a "family secret," but declined to elaborate.

In his statement, though, William Adams painted a starkly different picture of why his daughter posted the clip.

"Just prior to the YouTube upload, a concerned father shared with his 23-year-old daughter that he was unwilling to continue to work hard and be her primary source of financial support, if she was going to simply `drop out,' and strive to achieve no more in life than to work part time at a video game store," Adams' statement said. "Hillary warned her father if he reduced her financial support, and took away her Mercedes automobile, which her father had provided, he would live to regret it."

Hillary Adams did not immediately respond to email requests Thursday seeking a response.

Well, when you beat your kid, you take the chance....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2011, 09:32:47 AM »
 ::) Doesn't really matter how it came out or if she had another motive.  What's important is what he did.  This guy WAS abusing his kid.  That beating was way over the line.  It looks more like torture to me.  How do you think he would have ruled in court if this video were shown as evidence in a case brought before him?  This dude has no business being a judge.

Associated Press

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2011, 09:46:05 AM »

This one is flat out abuse.

absolutely

I can't believe anyone would even have any doubt as to whether this is abuse or not

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2011, 09:48:00 AM »
that's what I thought... He's probably the only one on the net who would ask.  He never wants to put his opinion out there for some reason.  He'll listen to others and then agree or disagree.

This one is kind of a no shit... If it looks like a scene out of Passion of the Christ, it's abuse dude. lol...

yep and I believe the reason is because he doesn't think this is abuse but is too much of a pussy to say what he believe so he poses it as a question instead of offering his opinion

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2011, 10:49:22 AM »
So she was on TV with her mother yesterday doing a sit down interview on CNN.  She said she had the camera running for about 30 minutes before she got whupped, because she knew she was in trouble.   

So, she thinks she is abused, holds onto the tape for six years, chooses to live with her father after the parents divorce, takes his financial support (including adult welfare) and a Mercedes, and only releases the tape when he cuts her off takes away her ride?  And the only reason he cut her off and took the car is she dropped out of school?   

My name is William A. Dudley.  The statement which
follows has been reviewed and approved for circulation by
Judge William Adams. 

The seven year old video presently circulating the
internet and now made the basis of international media
attention, showing two parents disciplining their 16 year
old daughter, who had been caught, by her own televised and
internet reported admissions, engaged in repeated criminal
activity, was posted for reasons other than as professed by
the publisher.

It is regrettable that Hillary Adams, a bright and
gifted person, would include in her post that she is or was
a disabled or a special needs child.  As multiple media
appearances clearly demonstrate, Hillary Adams is
articulate, possesses a superior IQ, and is capable of
functioning as a productive adult in today’s complex
society.  No one should take the affliction of cerebral
palsy lightly.  Hillary’s parents did not.  Hillary’s
condition was monitored as a child and her medical needs
met.  However, neither should a perfectly capable adult try
to use an affliction as a device for media sympathy.  It
should now be apparent to the world that “disabled” was
mislabeled. 

In response to the internet post, the media has
appropriately attempted to understand why Hillary Adams
chose the present time to disseminate the video.  To many,
her answers to those questions have been confusing and
hollow.  As she has said by recent interview, she “hoarded”
the secret tape for future use, but has not explained, even
now, for what purpose.  Very few people find palatable her
claim that it was to “help” her father. 

Perhaps Hillary Adams should explain, if she felt she
was raised by a tyrannical father, a claim shared with no
one until five years after adulthood, why she insisted on
living with her father and not her mother from the time of
her parent’s divorce, until she moved out on her own. 
Hillary Adams has been living on her own for some time, and
has been an adult for almost six years, so why post the
video in late 2011?

William Adams is of the opinion that Hillary Adams is
an extremely bright, highly functional, adult. The media
has described her as a piano prodigy, who has competed atCarnegie Hall on multiple occasions.  As one of Hillary’s
long term teachers noted in the press, Hillary, so close to
accomplishment, has of recent “inexplicably dropped out,
just two classes shy of completing her [college] studies.”
The video in question was recorded well before Hillary
graduated high school. If the public must know, just prior
to the You Tube upload, a concerned father shared with his
23 year old daughter that he was unwilling to continue to
work hard and be her primary source of financial support,
if she was going to simply “drop out”, and strive to
achieve no more in life than to work part time at a video
game store.  Hillary warned her father if he reduced her
financial support, and took away her Mercedes automobile,
which her father had provided, he would live to regret it. 
The post was then uploaded.  The public may wonder if this
is the tyranny of which Hillary Adams speaks as her reason
to disseminate the video seven years after it was recorded,
and five years into adulthood?  Is this the reason she
“hoarded” the video for seven years?

William Adams regrets the interruption and
inconvenience his daughter’s post has caused to the Aransas
County, Texas community.  Judge Adams is confident that
when the dust settles and international media attention has
passed, and the work ahead, whether civil, criminal, or
administrative has taken it’s full course and has been
fully developed, with an opportunity for all sides to ask
and answer relevant questions, it will be concluded that
Hillary Adam’s actions in 2011 were misguided and
misleading. 

Judge Adams regrets, if true, that his daughter
believes he is in need of healing from the family divorce. 
Divorce is certainly traumatic, and takes a significant
toll on all, especially children.  Judge Adams is of the
opinion that Hillary’s gesture is little more than a much
needed but hard to believe explanation of why she chose to
post the video.  If this entire event was a plea for help
and healing, the methodology is certainly unorthodox. 
Judge Adams, who among other reasons, still has a minor
daughter to consider, chooses to involve the media as
little as possible whilst personal family matters are
sorted through.  The public may ponder what consideration
Hillary Adams gave her little sister before subjecting the
entire family to world-wide microscopic scrutiny, and
permanent consequences.   

It is Judge Adams’ civic responsibility to respond to
whatever investigations may result from a revelation of the
disciplinary actions resorted to by his former wife and him
on the viral video.  Those investigations will require
answers to many questions raised by the media and public
and for which no appropriate forum has been chosen to date. 
He is confident the process will be managed in accordance
with the law.  For the sake of his family, co-workers, and
Aransas County officials who must endure the additional
work and expense, he wishes that the process not be played
out daily on a national stage.

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/11/03/judge.adams.statement.pdf?hpt=hp_c1

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2011, 11:00:45 AM »
bb, you're not playing with a full deck are ya lol...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2011, 11:02:30 AM »
bb, you're not playing with a full deck are ya lol...

Bwahahahahaha!!!  Now that is the funniest thing I've heard all week.   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2011, 12:15:06 PM »
BB, your thread here is about where the line between discipline and abuse is.

Her motivation for releasing the tape may not be good, but that's not relevant to what the video contains which is abuse imo.  Why don't you state whether or not you think this is legit parental discipline or abuse rather than just post the father's side which blames the victim.  The video is out, the motivation doesn't change the right or wrong of what it contains... Your thread questions where the line is... Come on BB, is this abuse or not?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2011, 12:43:04 PM »
So she was on TV with her mother yesterday doing a sit down interview on CNN.  She said she had the camera running for about 30 minutes before she got whupped, because she knew she was in trouble.   

So, she thinks she is abused, holds onto the tape for six years, chooses to live with her father after the parents divorce, takes his financial support (including adult welfare) and a Mercedes, and only releases the tape when he cuts her off takes away her ride?  And the only reason he cut her off and took the car is she dropped out of school? 

none of that changes the fact that he was beating her with a belt

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2011, 12:53:06 PM »
none of that changes the fact that he was beating her with a belt

and that's putting it lightly.  It was full on, full force over and over all over.  extreme and excessive assault.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2011, 12:53:34 PM »
Sounds to me like BB is trying to justify beating his children through this story.
Abandon every hope...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2011, 12:55:59 PM »
BB, your thread here is about where the line between discipline and abuse is.

Her motivation for releasing the tape may not be good, but that's not relevant to what the video contains which is abuse imo.  Why don't you state whether or not you think this is legit parental discipline or abuse rather than just post the father's side which blames the victim.  The video is out, the motivation doesn't change the right or wrong of what it contains... Your thread questions where the line is... Come on BB, is this abuse or not?

::)  I don't know.  If you know anything about corporal punishment in the South and in various cultures (which you apparently do not), what that video shows is a kid getting a garden variety "beating."  I know lots of parents who whipped their kids that way, especially in the South.  It's not the way I discipline my kids, but I'm not about to say it's abuse, especially after learning about the background facts.  

And yes, her motivation is relevant.  The fact she set this recording up, held it for six years, chose to live with him after the divorce, and only disclosed it after he cut her off and took away her Mercedes shows she probably didn't think she was being abused.      

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2011, 01:08:49 PM »
Sounds to me like BB is trying to justify beating his children through this story.

one thing you can tell about Bum from his posts on this site is that he enjoys both corporal and capital punishiment

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2011, 01:19:55 PM »
just what I thought, BB is out of his flipping mind lol... definitely not playing with a full deck.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2011, 01:20:42 PM »
just what I thought, BB is out of his mind flipping mind lol... definitely not playing with a full deck.

LOL!!  I love this place.   ;D

lol . . . .

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2011, 01:23:03 PM »
If that statute of limitations were not up on this, this guy would be doing time over this kind of beating.  That BB says he knows lots of parents that would lay this kind of beating on a 16 year old girl is fucking scary.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2011, 01:37:15 PM »
::)  I don't know.  If you know anything about corporal punishment in the South and in various cultures (which you apparently do not), what that video shows is a kid getting a garden variety "beating."  I know lots of parents who whipped their kids that way, especially in the South.  It's not the way I discipline my kids, but I'm not about to say it's abuse, especially after learning about the background facts.  

And yes, her motivation is relevant.  The fact she set this recording up, held it for six years, chose to live with him after the divorce, and only disclosed it after he cut her off and took away her Mercedes shows she probably didn't think she was being abused.      

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2011, 01:39:21 PM »
lol .  What, no colors?  At least throw some red or blue in there.  lol . . .   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2011, 01:41:50 PM »
lol .  What, no colors?  At least throw some red or blue in there.  lol . . .   

There you go psycho.