Author Topic: Supporters of 'Personhood Amendment' Make Case to Mississippi Voters  (Read 94904 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Supporters of 'Personhood Amendment' Make Case to Mississippi Voters
« Reply #325 on: January 30, 2019, 09:14:00 AM »
What is the medical necessity of killing a baby that is in the process of being born?  This is macabre:

Here's the exchange between Todd Gilbert (R-Shenandoah) and Kathy Tran (D-Fairfax):

Gilbert: So how late in the third trimester would you be able to do that?

Tran: It’s very unfortunate that our physician witnesses were not able to attend today.

Gilbert: No, I’m talking about your bill. How late in the third trimester could a physician perform an abortion if he indicated it would impair the mental health of the woman?

Tran: Or physical health.

Gilbert: Okay. I’m talking about the mental health.

Tran: Through the third trimester. The third trimester goes all the way up to 40 weeks.

Gilbert: Okay. But to the end of the third trimester?

Tran: Yep. I don’t think we have a limit in the bill.

Gilbert: Where it’s obvious a woman is about to give birth, that she has physical signs that she is about to give birth. Would that be a point at which she could still request an abortion if she was so certified? She’s dilating.

Tran: Mr. Chairman, that would be a decision that the doctor, the physician, and the woman would make at that point.

Gilbert: I understand that. I’m asking if your bill allows that.

Tran: My bill would allow that, yes.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42803/watch-virginia-democrats-propose-bill-allowing-ryan-saavedra

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #326 on: January 30, 2019, 12:10:43 PM »
Virginia Governor Defends Bill Legalizing Aborting Babies During Childbirth
30 Jan 2019

Wednesday on WTOP’s “Ask The Governor,” Gov. Ralph Northam (D-VA) defended the Repeal Act, which would repeal Virginia’s current restrictions on late-term abortions and legalize abortion up to the point of birth.

Northam said, “This is why decisions such as this should be made by providers, physicians, and the mothers and fathers that are involved.”

He continued, “When we talk about third-trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physician—more than one physician, by the way—and it’s done in cases where there may be severe deformities. There may be a fetus that’s non-viable.”

Discussing the controversy over Democratic delegate Kathy Tran acknowledging her bill would allow abortion when a woman was going into labor, Northam said, “If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother. So I think this was really blown out of proportion. We want the government not to be involved in these types of decisions.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2019/01/30/virginia-governor-defends-bill-legalizing-aborting-babies-during-childbirth/?fbclid=IwAR3uvf9KOp8tf3wtSjqmZvPz7sBVW-uvxoxmlQQgNsZ-yVJiz7810qi-jeU

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: January 30, 2019, 01:26:38 PM »
These people don't deserve to use the terms "mother" and "father". They need to create a new title for the people who would do these things.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #328 on: January 30, 2019, 04:10:20 PM »
Kill them all, let allah sort them out.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: January 30, 2019, 10:35:46 PM »
Personally I'm shocked that a good many of the Getbig regulars have a problem with killing anyone or anything at anytime. If the parents are Jews, or Blacks, would it make a difference? From what I can tell from this board many of these people on this thread who regularly get all excited about a dindu nuffin or a Jew getting killed.. all up in arms over this law that will affect probably less than 1% of the population.. seems like crocodile tears

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: January 31, 2019, 09:42:34 AM »
Personally I'm shocked that a good many of the Getbig regulars have a problem with killing anyone or anything at anytime. If the parents are Jews, or Blacks, would it make a difference? From what I can tell from this board many of these people on this thread who regularly get all excited about a dindu nuffin or a Jew getting killed.. all up in arms over this law that will affect probably less than 1% of the population.. seems like crocodile tears

::)

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: January 31, 2019, 01:54:25 PM »

You need Jesus, and I'm not even religious.  ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: January 31, 2019, 03:20:40 PM »

You need Jesus, and I'm not even religious.  ;)

;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: January 31, 2019, 03:21:28 PM »
What is the medical necessity of killing a baby that is in the process of being born?  This is macabre:

Here's the exchange between Todd Gilbert (R-Shenandoah) and Kathy Tran (D-Fairfax):

Tran: It’s very unfortunate that our physician witnesses were not able to attend today.

Gilbert: No, I’m talking about your bill. How late in the third trimester could a physician perform an abortion if he indicated it would impair the mental health of the woman?

Tran: Through the third trimester. The third trimester goes all the way up to 40 weeks.

Gilbert: Where it’s obvious a woman is about to give birth, that she has physical signs that she is about to give birth. Would that be a point at which she could still request an abortion if she was so certified? She’s dilating.

Tran: Mr. Chairman, that would be a decision that the doctor, the physician, and the woman would make at that point.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/42803/watch-virginia-democrats-propose-bill-allowing-ryan-saavedra

Priorities.

VIRGINIA DEL. KATHY TRAN SUBMITTED BILL TO SAVE CATERPILLARS ON SAME DAY AS LATE-STAGE ABORTION BILL
01/31/2019
https://dailycaller.com/2019/01/31/kathy-tran-caterpillars-same-day-abortion/

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #334 on: January 31, 2019, 05:21:03 PM »
::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: February 04, 2019, 08:18:59 AM »
Powerful.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #336 on: February 25, 2019, 06:45:14 PM »
Democrats are the party of infanticide.

Senate blocks bill on medical care for children born alive after attempted abortion
By Mike DeBonis and Felicia Sonmez
February 25, 2019
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/senate-blocks-bill-on-medical-care-for-children-born-alive-after-attempted-abortion/2019/02/25/e5d3d4d8-3924-11e9-a06c-3ec8ed509d15_story.html?utm_term=.267daef3a2cf

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #337 on: February 25, 2019, 07:21:52 PM »

This, and the Dr./racist Governor of VA's radio interview caught on camera discussing an abortion with the child now out of the womb, layin on the table with umbilical cord attached and having a discussion about aborting the child is what I keep trying to direct people on the left here and elsewhere to.  They either say I'm making shit up, and refuse to read or watch the clip, because it sounds absurd and their leaders would never allow that....

IT IS ABSURD....and your leaders will allow it!!!  Lefties need to wake the fuck up! >:(

BTW, anyone else think the best thing to happen to Democrats was Jussie Smollet this year?  All the blackface, and racist democrats stuff GONE from all station's coverage.  POOF....like it never happened. ::)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #338 on: February 25, 2019, 08:28:16 PM »
This, and the Dr./racist Governor of VA's radio interview caught on camera discussing an abortion with the child now out of the womb, layin on the table with umbilical cord attached and having a discussion about aborting the child is what I keep trying to direct people on the left here and elsewhere to.  They either say I'm making shit up, and refuse to read or watch the clip, because it sounds absurd and their leaders would never allow that....

IT IS ABSURD....and your leaders will allow it!!!  Lefties need to wake the fuck up! >:(

BTW, anyone else think the best thing to happen to Democrats was Jussie Smollet this year?  All the blackface, and racist democrats stuff GONE from all station's coverage.  POOF....like it never happened. ::)
Someone had to take one for Aunt Kamala. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #339 on: February 25, 2019, 08:52:58 PM »
Someone had to take one for Aunt Kamala. ;)

Kinda freaked out that me and Mega might be on to something in the JS thread? ??? :o

I might need some of Pray 4 War's stockpiles to go into hiding :-X

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #340 on: February 26, 2019, 02:25:30 AM »

and yet you willingly come here and post your nonsense - glad that you brought up race! you'd think leftists (The Champions of the Minority™) would give a shit about "a dindu nuffin or a Jew getting killed" since those are future votes being chopped up and sold.
a

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: February 26, 2019, 11:34:04 AM »
So we should not be worried about murdering people if it effects less than 1% of the population?

myt1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #342 on: February 26, 2019, 01:34:45 PM »

Any tears and anger are certainly more genuine than leftard's concern for immigrants they'd never even speak with, and their precious Earth they're convinced is being destroyed by acid rain, global warming, climate change as they are just soooooo concerned about it in the most polluted democratic cities in the country. >:(

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: April 12, 2019, 04:45:39 PM »
A Bill Banning Most Abortions Becomes Law In Ohio
April 11, 2019
GABE ROSENBERG
FROM
WOSU 89.7 NPR News

The six-week abortion ban known as the "heartbeat bill" is now law in Ohio. That makes Ohio the sixth state in the nation to attempt to outlaw abortions at the point a fetal heartbeat can be detected.

Gov. Mike DeWine signed the bill Thursday afternoon, just one day after it passed the Republican-led General Assembly. The law is slated to take effect in 90 days, unless blocked by a federal judge.

Now known as the "Human Rights Protection Act," SB 23 outlaws abortions as early as five or six weeks into a pregnancy, before many women know they're pregnant. It is one of the most restrictive abortion laws in the country.

The bill does include an exception to save the life of the woman, but no exceptions for cases of rape or incest.

Government's role should be to protect life from the beginning to the end.

Gov. Mike DeWine, Ohio

"The essential function of government is to protect the most vulnerable among us, those who don't have a voice," DeWine said as he signed the bill. "Government's role should be to protect life from the beginning to the end."

Federal judges in Kentucky and Iowa have blocked the laws or struck them down as unconstitutional. Another bill in Georgia has yet to be signed by the governor.

DeWine's signature will set off a lengthy legal fight. The ACLU of Ohio announced it will sue to stop the law, which the group says "virtually bans all abortion care."

Federal Judge Blocks North Carolina Ban On Abortions Later Than 20 Weeks
LAW
Federal Judge Blocks North Carolina Ban On Abortions Later Than 20 Weeks
Trump's Overhaul Of Federal Family Planning Program Faces Multiple Lawsuits
NATIONAL
Trump's Overhaul Of Federal Family Planning Program Faces Multiple Lawsuits
"This legislation is blatantly unconstitutional and we will fight to the bitter end to ensure that this bill is permanently blocked," said ACLU of Ohio legal director Freda Levenson in a statement.

The group plans to sue on behalf of Pre-Term Cleveland, Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio, Planned Parenthood of Southwest Ohio and the Women's Med Center of Dayton.

We will fight to the bitter end to ensure that this bill is permanently blocked.

Freda Levenson, ACLU of Ohio

But DeWine and lawmakers said they aren't dissuaded by the threat of legal action. Since taking office in January, DeWine had said he planned to sign whichever version of the heartbeat bill ended up on his desk.

"Will there be a lawsuit? Yeah, we are counting on it," said state Rep. Ron Hood on Wednesday. "We're counting on it. We're excited about it."

Anti-abortion groups such as Ohio Right To Life say they intend the heartbeat bill to trigger a U.S. Supreme Court case striking down the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision. That case legalized abortion up until viability, usually at 22-24 weeks.

"If this is what it takes, we will see you at the Supreme Court," said Planned Parenthood of Ohio President Iris Harvey at a rally Wednesday outside the Statehouse.

The Ohio Senate originally passed the bill last month. The Republican-led House Health Committee then made several changes before sending it to the House floor, where it passed by party-line vote.

Beyond changing the name, the Ohio House version allows for the use of transvaginal ultrasounds to detect a fetal heartbeat even earlier in a pregnancy.

The bill institutes criminal penalties for doctors who violate the law. Doctors who perform abortions after detecting a heartbeat would face a fifth-degree felony and up to a year in prison. The legislation also allows the State Medical Board to take disciplinary actions against doctors found in violation and impose penalties of up to $20,000.

After hearing testimony from lawmakers and advocates, the Ohio House passed the bill Wednesday afternoon, 56-40, and the Ohio Senate quickly followed to affirm the changes, 18-12.

"Pro-life Ohio thanks Governor DeWine for taking a courageous stand on behalf of unborn children with beating hearts," said Ohio Right to Life President Mike Gonidakis in a statement.

Currently, Ohio prohibits abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy, and lawmakers in 2018 passed a law banning the "dilation and evacuation" method of abortion used most commonly after 12 weeks of pregnancy. The latter was blocked from taking effect by a federal judge in March.

The Ohio Senate in March passed another bill requiring the burial or cremation of fetal remains. The bill is now being considered in the Ohio House.

Legislators attempted several times before to pass the heartbeat bill, but the legislation was twice vetoed by former Gov. John Kasich, who warned it would prove costly for the state to defend in court.

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/11/712455980/a-bill-banning-most-abortions-becomes-law-in-ohio

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #344 on: May 07, 2019, 11:05:17 AM »
Georgia's Republican Gov. Brian Kemp signs early abortion ban
The bill outlaws abortions once a fetal heartbeat can be detected, which can be as early as six weeks and before many women know they're pregnant.
May 7, 2019
By Associated Press

ATLANTA — Georgia's Republican Gov. Brian Kemp signed legislation on Tuesday banning abortions once a fetal heartbeat can be detected. That can be as early as six weeks, before many women know they're pregnant.

Kemp said he was signing the bill "to ensure that all Georgians have the opportunity to live, grow, learn and prosper in our great state."

The signing caps weeks of tension and protests at the state Capitol in Atlanta, and marks the beginning of what could be a lengthy and costly legal battle over the law's constitutionality.

The legal showdown is exactly what supporters are looking for.

Anti-abortion activists and lawmakers across the country, energized by the new conservative majority on the U.S. Supreme Court that includes President Donald Trump appointees Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh, are pushing abortion bans in an attack on the high court's 1973 Roe v. Wade ruling, which legalized abortion nationwide until a fetus is developed enough to live outside a woman's uterus.

ACLU of Georgia legal director Sean Young said the group would challenge Georgia's new abortion restriction in court.

"Under 50 years of Supreme Court precedent, this abortion ban is clearly unconstitutional," Young said in a recent interview. "Every federal court that has heard a challenge to a similar ban has ruled that it's unconstitutional."

Under current law, women in Georgia can seek an abortion during the first 20 weeks of a pregnancy. If it's not blocked in court, the new ban would take effect Jan. 1, 2020.

HB 481 makes exceptions in the case of rape and incest — if the woman files a police report first — and to save the life of the mother. It also would allow for abortions when a fetus is determined not to be viable because of serious medical issues.

The bill also deals with alimony, child support and even income tax deductions for fetuses, declaring that "the full value of a child begins at the point when a detectable human heartbeat exists."

Republican Rep. Ed Setzler, the bill's author, said in an interview after the bill passed the state House that it's a "common sense" measure that seeks to "balance the difficult circumstances women find themselves in with the basic right to life of a child."

But Democratic Sen. Jen Jordan disagreed that the legislation was balanced. "There's nothing balanced about it, it's an all-out abortion ban," Jordan said in a recent interview.

Jordan said she is especially worried the new law will push obstetricians away from practicing in Georgia, worsening health care outcomes for women in a state that already has one of the worst maternal mortality rates in the country.

"It's about the unintended consequences," Jordan said. "They're making policy choices that are going to end up causing women to die, and they're preventable deaths."

In the first few months of 2019, "heartbeat abortion" bans have been signed into law in four states: Mississippi, Kentucky, Ohio, and now Georgia. Lawmakers in a number of other states including Tennessee, Missouri, South Carolina, Florida, Texas, Louisiana and West Virginia are considering similar proposals. A bill that recently passed the Alabama House would outlaw abortions at any stage of pregnancy, with a few narrow exceptions.

Kentucky's law was immediately challenged by the ACLU after it was signed in March, and a federal judge temporarily blocked it.

According to the Guttmacher Institute, a research group that supports abortion rights, about 33,000 abortions were provided in Georgia in 2014.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/georgia-s-republican-gov-brian-kemp-signs-early-abortion-ban-n1002811?cid=sm_npd_ms_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR27xie__4IwY5dYj9ZpD25mw12ub9VDngaOf97GASkDlGS9u5QGqt_xY5A

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #345 on: May 07, 2019, 01:47:11 PM »
Dear Dos Equis,

I skimmed over some of the more serious posts and respect your knowledge on legislation on this topic.
For me, personally, abortion isn't a top priority issue.
Having said THAT, I personally support limiting abortions to the first 12-15 weeks.

The economy is roaring and our military is very strong.
The republicans could cruise with a big win across the board if they had laser focus on THAT.

The social  issues might ignite the Trump and Christian voter but it will alienate the moderates and independents.

LOL, no worries the dems will end up promoting some dopey program that would make even  me go, WTF. :o

Yes Howard you've mentioned your support for killing unborn children many times on the board. 

Regarding alienating "moderates and independents," what makes you think "moderates and independents" support killing unborn children through birth, which is where the Democrat Party is today?   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: May 08, 2019, 11:35:27 AM »
I can't read minds, but I assume they don't like extreme positions on either side.
To me, abortion during the 1st 3 months of an unwanted pregnancy seems reasonable.

In other words, you don't know and just made it up. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: May 09, 2019, 12:51:33 PM »
Good zinger :D

My point is that most people are fine with basic abortion as legal  early in the pregnancy.
Late term abortions are when the approval falls off.
Of course, if you're strongly "pro life" any abortion is one too many regardless of when.

The religious right can get too extreme by asking for restricting abortion by any means.
Same as the progressive side that wants all late term abortions with no restrictions.

I've always been for legal abortion during the 1st 3-4 months .

Again, you're just making this up.  How do you know what "most people" think about this?   

Why do you keep stating your position on abortion? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #348 on: May 14, 2019, 10:12:49 AM »
Because most polls show this to be true . This is been obvious and consistent for decades.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2018/10/17/nearly-six-in-ten-americans-say-abortion-should-be-legal/

Of course that's the national avg.
In Ga or Miss, you'd likely get under 50% and in Cal or NY it might be over 70%.
Dems  have a much higher support for abortion laws while republicans are the opposite .

Hey Dos, it's a large diverse country and not everyone thinks like you...or me. :D

Which part of the link shows this overwhelming support for abortion through the point of delivery? 

And which part specifically shows "moderates and independents" support abortions through delivery? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #349 on: May 14, 2019, 11:52:49 AM »
6 in 10 is a clear majority on a national avg (USA).

I'm always careful to point out that support for abortion falls as the procedure gets closer to delivery date (9 mos).
Plus, I also stated that support % varies by state. Miss, AL, and Ga tend to be majority pro life .
States like NY and Cal tend to be pro choice by a wide margin.

Before I call you a liar, please post the exact portion of the link that says "a clear majority" of Americans and "a clear majority" of "moderates and independents" support abortion through delivery.