Author Topic: Cain on abortion  (Read 3995 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Cain on abortion
« on: October 21, 2011, 07:46:20 PM »
at least this GOP voting base doesn't care about abortion all that much...

bears

• Getbig IV
Re: Cain on abortion
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 06:07:52 PM »
so he doesn't take the hard line stance of the far left or the far right on the issue?  he actually has his own opinion that falls somewhere between the two?  that's just fuckin crazy.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 07:26:07 PM »
Cain has already clarified himself on this issue. Judging by his high polls numbers, to date, this hasn't been a problem.

Obama supporters are just looking for something, anything with which to hammer Cain, because they are frightened. If a GOP candidate can get the conservative base fired up, coupled with the independents (which are leaving Obama by the truckload), he'll cruise to victory, clobbering Obama and the Dems by margins even worse than that of 2010.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »
Cain has already clarified himself on this issue. Judging by his high polls numbers, to date, this hasn't been a problem.

Obama supporters are just looking for something, anything with which to hammer Cain, because they are frightened. If a GOP candidate can get the conservative base fired up, coupled with the independents (which are leaving Obama by the truckload), he'll cruise to victory, clobbering Obama and the Dems by margins even worse than that of 2010.

He just made this gaffe like 2 days ago, right?  I'm betting he has peaked and will start to slide in polls in the next 2 weeks.  Romney got this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 08:15:16 AM »
He just made this gaffe like 2 days ago, right?  I'm betting he has peaked and will start to slide in polls in the next 2 weeks.  Romney got this.

The only slide in the poles is the one you do to Obama every day. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2011, 08:22:23 AM »
The only slide in the poles is the one you do to Obama every day. 

Wow.  So you REALLY don't think Cain will take the path of trump, bachmann, perry, etc - Peak as the unknown, then as his positions come to life, layers of voters start to peel off? 

He would certainly be bucking the tred if he managed to do that.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 07:45:35 AM »
Wow.  So you REALLY don't think Cain will take the path of trump, bachmann, perry, etc - Peak as the unknown, then as his positions come to life, layers of voters start to peel off? 

He would certainly be bucking the tred if he managed to do that.

have to agree.   

James

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 08:13:01 AM »
He just made this gaffe like 2 days ago, right?  I'm betting   hoping he has peaked and will start to slide in polls in the next 2 weeks.  Romney got this.

fixed.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 08:19:36 AM »
i would MUCH rather see Cain than Romney as the nominee.  but i think romney is unbeatable.  cain has THREE people working for him on his new hampshire team.  Romney's been there for 6 years.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 08:29:03 AM »

What gaffe?

Morgan pulled the old bait-and-switch, trying to ask about a scenario where Cain's granddaughter was raped. All Cain said was that it shouldn't be the government's decision one way or the other.

This may come as a shock to you, but most people who identify themselves as "pro-life" think the same way that Cain does.

If abortion was only done in cases of rape, incest, or the mother's life being in danger ("hard cases"), abortion mills would be closing up shop, left and right. Planned Parenthood would basically be out of business.

"Pro-Choice" advocates always hide behind those "hard cases", knowing full well that 3% of abortions (at best) are done for those reasons.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 10:22:54 AM »
he originally had a more 'govt stays out of it' approach.

then he decided he's in the business of the govt telling a woman what to do with her body.

he flipflopped on it.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 07:07:29 PM »
Herman Cain is 100 pro-life.  What he was explaining was that as President, he's not going to force his values on someone else
A

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 07:41:27 PM »
Herman Cain is 100 pro-life.  What he was explaining was that as President, he's not going to force his values on someone else

repubs don't want a president who will 'stay out of it'.

they want one who will spearhead the repeal of RVW.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2011, 07:28:01 AM »
repubs don't want a president who will 'stay out of it'.

they want one who will spearhead the repeal of RVW.

sadly true.  Strengthens my theory on american voters.  Bush spent assloads of money that the US didn't have and the hard right conservatives didn't care.  Why?  Because he came out against abortion strongly. 

Obama is taking the destruction of this country's economy to an entirely new level and the hard left liberals will let him because he likes gays and will let them get married.  This is why we're fucked and I don't see an end in sight. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2011, 08:20:25 AM »
sadly true.  Strengthens my theory on american voters.  Bush spent assloads of money that the US didn't have and the hard right conservatives didn't care.  Why?  Because he came out against abortion strongly. 

Obama is taking the destruction of this country's economy to an entirely new level and the hard left liberals will let him because he likes gays and will let them get married.  This is why we're fucked and I don't see an end in sight. 

+1

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 08:23:40 AM »
remember bush spending that summer, while the 911 hijackers were preparing to attack and he was ignoring crucial intel, fighting stem cell research.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 08:30:06 AM »
remember bush spending that summer, while the 911 hijackers were preparing to attack and he was ignoring crucial intel, fighting stem cell research.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 08:35:30 AM »
great defense for dubya there.   you resort to pics = "I got nothin!"