Getbig Misc Discussion Boards > E-Board - Movies, Music, TV, Videogames, Comics

Disney to acquire Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion

<< < (3/10) > >>

Gregzs:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=70797

Ewan McGregor Open To Returning As 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' In STAR WARS EPISODE VII

Arguably the star of George Lucas' unpopular prequels, Ewan McGregor has finally revealed whether he would be willing to reprise the role of 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' in Disney's (and Matthew Vaughn's?) Star Wars Episode VII.

Gregzs:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=70830

George Lucas Clarifies His Role As "Consultant" On The New STAR WARS Trilogy

Access Hollywood managed to get a few words with George Lucas at the Governor's Awards in Los Angeles on Saturday and quizzed him on what exactly his role as "Consultant" means for Star Wars Episode VII and beyond. After the mostly disastrous prequels, many fans have met the idea of Lucas having ANY involvement with the new movies with a great deal of trepidation (despite him creating the beloved universe and characters). "[If the filmmakers ask],‘Who’s this guy?’ I can tell them. I mean, they have a hundred encyclopedias and things, but I actually know a lot. I can say, ‘This is this and this is that.’" In other words, "Basically I’m not — I don’t really have much to do," he added. As for those recent reports about Steven Spielberg helming Episode VII, Lucas was also quick to dismiss the idea, stating: "I’m pretty sure he’d never want to do that!"

Gregzs:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=71540

First Possible Plot Details For STAR WARS: EPISODE VII Emerge

Reuters have posted a report about the Guatemalan rainforest which George Lucas used as 'Yavin 4' in Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. It was from this planet that the Rebels launched their attack on the Death Star from, and if the following is to be believed, it appears as if we should expect to see it return in Disney's currently untitled Episode VII...sort of. "Yavin 4 and the rebel base return to the Star Wars plot in the forthcoming Episode VII, announced in October by the Walt Disney Co, in which Skywalker comes back to the planet to build a Jedi Knight academy. However, fans said that Disney will likely film those scenes in a studio rather than return to Tikal." They don't reveal where exactly this information came from, but it sounds like more than simple speculation on their part. On the other hand, the fact they say, "fans said" may shed doubt on the validity of their claims - we'll just have to wait and see. Stay tuned for any further updates!

Gregzs:
http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20130124/b381592/

J.J. Abrams Directing Star Wars 7

J.J. Abrams will direct the next Star Wars installment.

We'll just let that sink in for a second. Despite shooting down rumors that he'd be taking over the directing duties of George Lucas ' space classic, Abrams has reportedly agreed to direct the next film, which is due to hit theaters in 2015, per trade reports .

The search for a director had included a who's who list of big names, including Steven Spielberg, Guillermo DelToro, Matthew Vaughn, Brad Bird and many more . Michael Arndt is said to be writing the script.

In the meantime, Abrams has been keeping busy reviving another sci-fi classic series; his sequel Star Trek: Into Darkness is set to hit theaters May 17.

Gregzs:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=74361

Han, Luke, And Leia All Expected To Return But Their Children Will Be The Stars In EPISODE VII

Showbiz 411 reports that all three original stars from the original series will return in their iconic roles.

"I just got back and saw a story running wild about Harrison Ford playing Han Solo in the new Star Wars revival. No one seems sure about it. I was told some time ago that Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill would be reprising their roles… the three main actors are definitely coming back.

But they won't be the main stars. Here's what they say about the primary players in the next trilogy.

It’s some time in the future. Han, Princess Leia (with a presumably better hairstyle), and Luke Skywalker will be a lot older. Their children will be the new main characters… the bigger question is, which young actors will play their kids?

Admittedly, I'm not much of a Star Wars buff but Luke has a son named Ben and Leia and Solo have three kids, Jacen, Anakin and Jaina. I won't go in to detail here and spoil it for those also unfamiliar with what happens after Episode VI but it's pretty easy to find out with a bit of research. There's nothing too shocking here as most expected the next installment to focus on the children of Han and Luke although there were a few rumors that the series would pick up right where Episode VI left off. More news as the story develops.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version