Author Topic: OBAMA'S ASS-KICKING OF SOUL CRUSHER CONTINUES...oil prices plunge, gas under $2  (Read 15889 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Obama's "antics" have nothing to do with gas prices.  Which is why I don't give a shit about gas/oil prices in relationship to ANY POTUS.
agreed, now if you just be consistent in your criticism all would be great...but again that would take objectivity...

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
agreed, now if you just be consistent in your criticism all would be great...but again that would take objectivity...

You absolutely MUST be looking in the mirror while writing this

tonymctones

• Getbig V
You absolutely MUST be looking in the mirror while writing this
really b/c there are post after post of me criticizing obama for high gas prices then yea?

how about you stop deep throating obama and let him fuck you in the ass for a change?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
really b/c there are post after post of me criticizing obama for high gas prices then yea?

how about you stop deep throating obama and let him fuck you in the ass for a change?

same old Tony...gets belligerent and insulting when challenged....stay out of these threads if you can't take it

tonymctones

• Getbig V
same old Tony...gets belligerent and insulting when challenged....stay out of these threads if you can't take it
and im sure you will follow this assinine post up with proof of your assertion that I criticized obama for high gas prices...

I wont hold my breath....typical andre, make idiotic comments and then distract by insulting others...

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
no doubt my friend, we work in the same industry and I live in Houston so alot of our clients are energy company ceo's/execs. Trust we have been going crazy the last week trying to cover margin calls so its not just the companies that are levered heavily. The higher oil prices led to a premium on leases for a lot of the newer upstream companies. That was all good when oil was above $90 but now alot of those new smaller companies are going to run in the red especially for those with off shore exposure. I think there will be a small amount of defaults but oil will bounce back within 6 months - 1 year. If there is some sort of regional termoil in the middle east, russia, south america then possibly sooner.

This will basically shake out those smaller players and allow the larger players to become more efficient and develop better margins.

You do any MLP investing?

It can be really difficult to convince people to diversify and sell some of their company stock even AFTER they retire - it's largely an emotional thing for many.

Two of my favorite publicly traded MLPs in the energy space are Buckeye Partners and Kinder Morgan.

Ichan Enterprises (IEP) is also set up that way - I have had lots of money in that stock and have made a killing in that stock and also on following Ichan's other investments over the years. Of course he and Richard Kinder are just clueless schmucks in the world of getbig.com..  ;)

I've also had a lease agreement with a major oil company to drill on land I own for years - they pay me 20% plus an annual lease fee. Of course this income stream does tend to slow down during these times.
A

2Thick

• Getbig IV
  • His Thickness
I did a fair amount of profit taking a couple of months ago - particularly in energy and some techs. Put options have also been a godsend on some of the more volatile companies.

I'm also looking at some of the debt that is starting to trade at a fraction of its face value that is not too far away from maturity. Not something I'm betting heavily on at this time though. Just a few bucks here and there. Rates will be going up eventually, and bonds will be going down then.

But it's always a good thing if I can get a number of different bonds trading at an average of 50% of par value with say 5 years or less to go to maturity - assuming that it's the typical scenario of the vast majority not defaulting. Basically a 15% a year (over 5 years) return plus interest on a bond trading @ 50% par with 5 years to maturity.

I grabbed a little Puerto Rican debt @ ~ 10% a while back, and just a nibble of Venezuelan debt @ 15% recently. Of course I'll be shocked if I get all of the interest plus my principal back on the latter.  ;D
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Its only taken about 8 years for prices to go down.   ::)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Its only taken about 8 years for prices to go down.   ::)

your point being>>??

OzmO

• Getbig V
your point being>>??

My point is, so the fuck what it went down 6 years into OB watch (referring to thread title).  Its been high for 8 years.  Additionally, if OB should get credit for the low gas prices, then he take blame for 6 years of high prices.   We have had low gas prices for a month versus 72 months of high gas prices.

Only goes to show you that even a blind squirrel gets a nut every once in a while. 

Don't worry yourself about it though.... it won't last.

:)

tonymctones

• Getbig V

It can be really difficult to convince people to diversify and sell some of their company stock even AFTER they retire - it's largely an emotional thing for many.

Two of my favorite publicly traded MLPs in the energy space are Buckeye Partners and Kinder Morgan.

Ichan Enterprises (IEP) is also set up that way - I have had lots of money in that stock and have made a killing in that stock and also on following Ichan's other investments over the years. Of course he and Richard Kinder are just clueless schmucks in the world of getbig.com..  ;)

I've also had a lease agreement with a major oil company to drill on land I own for years - they pay me 20% plus an annual lease fee. Of course this income stream does tend to slow down during these times.
yea we have more than a few clients with heavy concentrations in single company stock and with them being in the energy sector they have taken a decent hit over the last couple weeks. We are still dealing with margin calls as a result and trying to find ways to get more assets in or get better release rates.

Ha Rich Kinder is an evil genius and what he did was inspired but he did screw a lot of shareholders over who now have to recognize those gains on KMI. Many of those shareholders had a negative cost basis as they held on to those shares for so long and planned to retire with them. Now they are looking at millions in taxes due to the sales

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I did a fair amount of profit taking a couple of months ago - particularly in energy and some techs. Put options have also been a godsend on some of the more volatile companies.

I'm also looking at some of the debt that is starting to trade at a fraction of its face value that is not too far away from maturity. Not something I'm betting heavily on at this time though. Just a few bucks here and there. Rates will be going up eventually, and bonds will be going down then.

But it's always a good thing if I can get a number of different bonds trading at an average of 50% of par value with say 5 years or less to go to maturity - assuming that it's the typical scenario of the vast majority not defaulting. Basically a 15% a year (over 5 years) return plus interest on a bond trading @ 50% par with 5 years to maturity.

I grabbed a little Puerto Rican debt @ ~ 10% a while back, and just a nibble of Venezuelan debt @ 15% recently. Of course I'll be shocked if I get all of the interest plus my principal back on the latter.  ;D
you probably top ticked your sales in the energy names, cudos!

we dont do a lot of bond trading but run a low duration fixed income portfolio with a portion allocated to an inflation linked fund. we also run a liquid alts portfolio to help give us fixed income like returns with low correlation.

I heard alot about those puerto rico bonds a while back but we never really considered mainly b/c of the default risk but I did hear there were good deals to be had.

Getbig should have a financial services board!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
My point is, so the fuck what it went down 6 years into OB watch (referring to thread title).  Its been high for 8 years.  Additionally, if OB should get credit for the low gas prices, then he take blame for 6 years of high prices.   We have had low gas prices for a month versus 72 months of high gas prices.

Only goes to show you that even a blind squirrel gets a nut every once in a while. 

Don't worry yourself about it though.... it won't last.

:)

well unfortunately since you came into the thread late you missed that this thread was created for irony..not to defend Obama......for the first few years of Obama's presidency, the conservative idiots on here have lambasted Obama for the high gas prices....my argument has always been that the THE PRESIDENT, WHOMEVER HE MAY BE DOES NOT CONTROL GAS PRICES......it is due to market forces......however, the conservative idiots on here wouldn't listen and used it as an excuse for more Obama-bashing......so I'm just basically turning their logic on its head and stating that Obama NOW DESERVES CREDIT for the very low gas prices.....which of course the conservative idiots now claim that this should not be so........which exposes their innate hypocrisy and lack of critical thinking..added to that you now have some conservative idiots who claim they NEVER said that Obama was responsible for high gas prices... pointing out their utter hypocrisy and cowardice was my intention

so actually you and I agree

I

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
well unfortunately since you came into the thread late you missed that this thread was created for irony..not to defend Obama......for the first few years of Obama's presidency, the conservative idiots on here have lambasted Obama for the high gas prices....my argument has always been that the THE PRESIDENT, WHOMEVER HE MAY BE DOES NOT CONTROL GAS PRICES......it is due to market forces......however, the conservative idiots on here wouldn't listen and used it as an excuse for more Obama-bashing......so I'm just basically turning their logic on its head and stating that Obama NOW DESERVES CREDIT for the very low gas prices.....which of course the conservative idiots now claim that this should not be so........which exposes their innate hypocrisy and lack of critical thinking..added to that you now have some conservative idiots who claim they NEVER said that Obama was responsible for high gas prices... pointing out their utter hypocrisy and cowardice was my intention

I

LOL Obama gets credit - low DESPITE OBAMA'S GOAL, not because of them you fool

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

LOL Obama gets credit - low DESPITE OBAMA'S GOAL, not because of them you fool

you're becoming more and more incomprehensible......yo ur doctor has got to up the dosage......again

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
you're becoming more and more incomprehensible......yo ur doctor has got to up the dosage......again

Obama is on record as wanting high gas prices how many times you moron? 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Obama is on record as wanting high gas prices how many times you moron? 

Obama can want whatever he wants to want..doesn't mean its going to happen.......obviously

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Point to a single policy initiated by Obama that has lead to lower oil prices.    I'll save you some time.... YOU CAN'T

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama can want whatever he wants to want..doesn't mean its going to happen.......obviously

So then you agree nothing he has done, or even wanted to do in the first place - is that for which you claim he is kicking my ass correct?  

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
So then you agree nothing he has done, or even wanted to do in the first place - is that for which you claim he is kicking my ass correct?  

His ass-kicking of you comes from the fact that everything you blame him for usually comes up smelling like roses in the end......you blamed him for high gas prices when gas was over $4..NOW ITS UNDER $2...you blamed him for Obamacare,...I will agree that the jury is still out but all indications are that its working in that THERE ARE NOW LESS UNINSURED AND THE GROWTH OF THE COST OF HEALTHCARE HAS DECREASED SUBSTANTIALLY....(which were the two main reasons for Obamacare)..you blamed him for Solyndra and said there was corruption involved yet NO CORRUPTUION COULD BE FOUND and the program that gives out loans to solar companies HAS ACTUALLY TURNED A PROFIT FOR THE TREASURY..... you said there was a coverup concerning Benghazi and blamed Obama for what happened and yet EVEN THE GOP INVESTIGATION TURNED UP NO SIGN OF A COVER UP OR LIES.....you are simply WRONG ON EVERY COUNT CONCERNING YOUR CRITICISM OF OBAMA...but you continue to come on here and blab on like a fool....

so yes..all of the above are the ways in which Obama is kicking your ass big fucking time!!!!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
His ass-kicking of you comes from the fact that everything you blame him for usually comes up smelling like roses in the end......you blamed him for high gas prices when gas was over $4..NOW ITS UNDER $2...you blamed him for Obamacare,...I will agree that the jury is still out but all indications are that its working in that THERE ARE NOW LESS UNINSURED AND THE GROWTH OF THE COST OF HEALTHCARE HAS DECREASED SUBSTANTIALLY....(which were the two main reasons for Obamacare)..you blamed him for Solyndra and said there was corruption involved yet NO CORRUPTUION COULD BE FOUND and the program that gives out loans to solar companies HAS ACTUALLY TURNED A PROFIT FOR THE TREASURY..... you said there was a coverup concerning Benghazi and blamed Obama for what happened and yet EVEN THE GOP INVESTIGATION TURNED UP NO SIGN OF A COVER UP OR LIES.....you are simply WRONG ON EVERY COUNT CONCERNING YOUR CRITICISM OF OBAMA...but you continue to come on here and blab on like a fool....

so yes..all of the above are the ways in which Obama is kicking you ass big fucking time!!!!!

MELT DOWN

andreisdaman

• Getbig V

MELT DOWN

Obama has been making you meltdown for 6 years now..oh and lets not forget your famous assertion that the secret service agent who was transferred from Obama's detail was punitively punished because he overheard Obama and Michelle saying racist things about white people....thats when I can pinpoint where your craziness began

OzmO

• Getbig V

I

Yeah just going off the thread title.   :)

jjbones

• Getbig II
Obama just keeps on kicking soul crusher's ass.....Gas prices are at their lowest level in over two decades...Americans are paying much much less for gas meaning more money in their pockets.....America is basically now self-sufficient in terms of oil and energy.....and gasoline prices are coming way down and are now under $2 on some places....amazing...

Obama was taking so much heat from the idiot conservatives on here who blamed him for high gasoline prices...so now I'm going to take the opportunity to give it right back and give him the credit for low gas prices.....

Its a shame that more people don't realize that Obama is a great president if you simply look at policy and results and not at all the far-right/Tea Party/FOX News propaganda 8)
You don't know what you are talking about ... no offense ... I work for Exxon Mobil ... you simply don't know what you are talking about.