Author Topic: Random Bodybuilding Pics  (Read 5329455 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Random Bodybuilding Pics
« Reply #19150 on: October 23, 2019, 04:00:16 PM »
 :)

Natural_O

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19151 on: October 23, 2019, 08:06:34 PM »
Mentzers and Casey training at Gold's Gym

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19152 on: October 23, 2019, 08:39:30 PM »

i thought his build was amazing

and i dont care for short guys

sculpture

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19153 on: October 24, 2019, 02:50:53 AM »

Perfect in that shot

Must have felt like a God walking around in the 50s and 60s like that

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #19154 on: October 24, 2019, 05:21:36 AM »
Arnold's idol

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19155 on: October 24, 2019, 06:26:57 AM »

It has been a "Killer workout" for him .....

no doubt .

WoooSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19156 on: October 24, 2019, 06:30:25 AM »
Reg, his wife and of course Arnold.

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #19157 on: October 24, 2019, 07:09:23 AM »
Perfect in that shot

Must have felt like a God walking around in the 50s and 60s like that

Yup. Rationing of meat and bacon only ended n 1954 ,in the UK

And here was Reg in'51 , after his breaking of the American domination, in the Mr Universe competition.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #19158 on: October 24, 2019, 07:13:01 AM »
Yup. Rationing of meat and bacon only ended n 195 ,in the UK

And here was Reg in'51 ,winning Mr Universe from the Americans:

Wasn’t Reg a vegetarian?

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19159 on: October 24, 2019, 07:15:14 AM »
Frank Zane competing in the 1972 Mr. Olympia taking 4th place.
Definitely bigger there not as ripped

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #19160 on: October 24, 2019, 07:23:36 AM »
Wasn’t Reg a vegetarian?

Don't recall reading anything about Reg Park ever being a vegetarian. Bill Pearl of course was lacto-ovo vegetarian.

Some info on what Park ate ,at his peak A balanced diet,just with bigger portions,with plenlty of vegetables and protein from actual food.

"Reg: "I liked to eat like a king, but only food that was good for me. I ate prodigious amounts of food during the day, but adhered to a very balanced diet with everything in proper proportions. My favorite food is steak, which I sometimes eat twice a day. I also like salads, orange juice and wine. I have a wine cellar in my home. I also have used protein supplements and take vitamin and mineral tablets."

In an article in "Iron Man Magazine, Earle Liedeman wrote the following about Reg Park: "Reg Park of England wins a good second to Mac Batchelor with his speed. Once, when dining with Reg, he gargled three large plates of vegetable soup, then gulped chucks from his extra large and thick steak without his teeth sinking into the meat once, apparently, next stuffed many side dishes of vegetables into his ever open mouth and these include an extra large pair of baked potatoes, a huge bowl of salad, three glasses of milk and the last, the piece de resistance, a big dish of ice cream with cake. And all this, mind you, in about ten minutes. Gee! I've seen hungry bloodhounds gobble down food, but Reg Park wins a can of fried grasshoppers as second place for amount, and first place for speed.""

http://classicphysiquebuilder.blogspot.com/2009/02/reg-parks-diet-for-classic-physique.html

Titus Pullo

• Getbig III
« Reply #19161 on: October 24, 2019, 02:00:44 PM »
Mentzers and Casey training at Gold's Gym

I wonder why Casey had someone insert those stupid little "Viator is King" logos into that pic?  

I hear he was a weird guy.  Brian Johnston, formerly of the I.A.R.T. (or "IFART," as Mike Mentzer called it after he and BDJ fell out), said Casey was "off."  Others, maybe including Mentzer, said Casey was prone to exaggerate.  He certainly said some bizarre stuff in an interview he gave with Musclemag sometime in the late nineties...talking about making women wet with one kiss, squatting over 700 for reps, suffering a hernia mid-set, then wrapping duct tape around his waist to finish his workout -- bizarre shit.  

That said, I thought he was a hair from winning the 1982 Olympia.  His pecs were flat and he had a wide waist, which gave the impression that he was narrow.  His posing routine at the night show also sucked, but he was ripped and bloody big and looked like he could do curls with Chris and Frank in each hand.  He and Samir should have been the top two.  Samir was far more aesthetic and probably deserved 1st, but Casey was close.

Tangentially, I also recall Franco claiming that Casey couldn't bench 405.  That has got to be a lie.  Even Arnold said he marvelled at Viator's strength.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19162 on: October 24, 2019, 02:48:28 PM »

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #19163 on: October 24, 2019, 02:54:48 PM »

In my opinion, an ideal physique regardless of time period.
He was in good shape in his 50s too:

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #19164 on: October 24, 2019, 06:52:42 PM »

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #19165 on: October 24, 2019, 11:54:29 PM »
I wonder why Casey had someone insert those stupid little "Viator is King" logos into that pic?  

I hear he was a weird guy.  Brian Johnston, formerly of the I.A.R.T. (or "IFART," as Mike Mentzer called it after he and BDJ fell out), said Casey was "off."  Others, maybe including Mentzer, said Casey was prone to exaggerate.  He certainly said some bizarre stuff in an interview he gave with Musclemag sometime in the late nineties...talking about making women wet with one kiss, squatting over 700 for reps, suffering a hernia mid-set, then wrapping duct tape around his waist to finish his workout -- bizarre shit.  

That said, I thought he was a hair from winning the 1982 Olympia.  His pecs were flat and he had a wide waist, which gave the impression that he was narrow.  His posing routine at the night show also sucked, but he was ripped and bloody big and looked like he could do curls with Chris and Frank in each hand.  He and Samir should have been the top two.  Samir was far more aesthetic and probably deserved 1st, but Casey was close.

Tangentially, I also recall Franco claiming that Casey couldn't bench 405.  That has got to be a lie.  Even Arnold said he marvelled at Viator's strength.

On ironage some who knew him said he was definitely odd. Made bizarre and inappropriate comments.  But they had kind of a strict rule about keeping the forum positive so no one elaborated on it.  I thought he deserved the 82 O. He was the best built guy at that show. Dickerson had multiple obvious muscle tears, Zane was old, Bannout wasn't as sharp as he would be the next year. Platz had the torn bicep. Viator had his size and conditioning nailed.

BlackMetallic

• Getbig V
  • I am Jack's lack of HRT skills
« Reply #19166 on: October 25, 2019, 01:20:56 AM »
Don't recall reading anything about Reg Park ever being a vegetarian. Bill Pearl of course was lacto-ovo vegetarian.

Some info on what Park ate ,at his peak A balanced diet,just with bigger portions,with plenlty of vegetables and protein from actual food.

"Reg: "I liked to eat like a king, but only food that was good for me. I ate prodigious amounts of food during the day, but adhered to a very balanced diet with everything in proper proportions. My favorite food is steak, which I sometimes eat twice a day. I also like salads, orange juice and wine. I have a wine cellar in my home. I also have used protein supplements and take vitamin and mineral tablets."

In an article in "Iron Man Magazine, Earle Liedeman wrote the following about Reg Park: "Reg Park of England wins a good second to Mac Batchelor with his speed. Once, when dining with Reg, he gargled three large plates of vegetable soup, then gulped chucks from his extra large and thick steak without his teeth sinking into the meat once, apparently, next stuffed many side dishes of vegetables into his ever open mouth and these include an extra large pair of baked potatoes, a huge bowl of salad, three glasses of milk and the last, the piece de resistance, a big dish of ice cream with cake. And all this, mind you, in about ten minutes. Gee! I've seen hungry bloodhounds gobble down food, but Reg Park wins a can of fried grasshoppers as second place for amount, and first place for speed.""

http://classicphysiquebuilder.blogspot.com/2009/02/reg-parks-diet-for-classic-physique.html

You’re right, I was thinking bill pearl

Da Freak

• Getbig IV
  • Get BIG! Or DIE trying!
« Reply #19167 on: October 25, 2019, 09:43:05 AM »
2019 Mr. Olympia fifth place Roelly Winklaar (his prize money was $40,000) and bike:

Roelly looks like a jacked midget on a bike there hahaha! that made me laugh more than I should have  ;D

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19168 on: October 25, 2019, 11:53:26 AM »

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #19169 on: October 25, 2019, 12:45:29 PM »
Roelly looks like a jacked midget on a bike there hahaha! that made me laugh more than I should have  ;D
He doesn’t just look like a jacked midget, he is a jacked midget.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #19170 on: October 25, 2019, 01:14:37 PM »
He doesn’t just look like a jacked midget, he is a jacked midget.

Yes he is. However, it appears she is wearing 5" heals.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19171 on: October 25, 2019, 01:42:41 PM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19172 on: October 25, 2019, 01:49:03 PM »

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #19173 on: October 25, 2019, 01:56:32 PM »
Yes he is. However, it appears she is wearing 5" heals.

So she’s only 3” taller than him and she’s 5’3 hahahaha

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19174 on: October 25, 2019, 02:18:05 PM »