Author Topic: Random Bodybuilding Pics  (Read 5330575 times)

herne

• Getbig V
Re: Random Bodybuilding Pics
« Reply #21700 on: July 27, 2020, 01:55:29 AM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21701 on: July 27, 2020, 01:33:17 PM »
Mr. Olympia 6x Dorian Yates with Romanian IFBB pro Dan Cristian:

Someone posted on Dan's facebook page that he committed suicide. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.facebook.com/dan.cristian.37

https://www.instagram.com/dan.cristian1/

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21702 on: July 27, 2020, 02:53:57 PM »

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #21703 on: July 27, 2020, 05:09:07 PM »

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21704 on: July 27, 2020, 07:32:24 PM »
Green with envy
Derik does have some huge legs.  It is hard for him to get his upper body to match it.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21705 on: July 27, 2020, 07:52:38 PM »
Roman Fritz - Operation: Feuer Frei ep. 018 - six for chest

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21706 on: July 27, 2020, 09:16:53 PM »
Josh Andrew: CALORIES DOWN! TRAINING INTENSITY IS NEXT LEVEL

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21707 on: July 27, 2020, 10:11:27 PM »
Jason Lowe: 6 Days Out! Posing, Updates, & New Bluetooth Shoes!

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21708 on: July 27, 2020, 11:47:01 PM »
Just read your post about your gym opening and then closing the next day. OK, you have my legit sympathy. That must royally suck and I understand why you have no patience for those who are complaining about the restrictions and equipment their gyms have that are at least open.

Corona cases are going up here in Hawaii and my gym implemented further restrictions like having to wear a mask all the time now even while exercising.  Already some gyms and restaurants has had to reclose again. I'd go crazy if they reclosed my gym and I had to go back to bands and bodyweight exercises.

My gym has been closed since March. I appreciate that you took the time to write this. Every workout in a gym is a blessing.

This is my gym temporarily. Its not pretty but it works. Takes a while to adjust to the cinder blocks because they seesaw around and the fucking bar flaps with 6 or more on it. Where there is a will there is a way.

God bless you.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #21709 on: July 27, 2020, 11:51:18 PM »
Circa 1990

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #21710 on: July 28, 2020, 12:49:09 AM »
My gym has been closed since March. I appreciate that you took the time to write this. Every workout in a gym is a blessing.

This is my gym temporarily. Its not pretty but it works. Takes a while to adjust to the cinder blocks because they seesaw around and the fucking bar flaps with 6 or more on it. Where there is a will there is a way.

God bless you.

One thing I realized during this shutdown is that there are still a lot of real old-school dedicated lifters out there and will do whatever it takes to keep at it. I used bands, buckets filled with tools, sand bags... whatever shit I could find and lift.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #21711 on: July 28, 2020, 03:28:00 AM »

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21712 on: July 28, 2020, 03:34:34 AM »
One thing I realized during this shutdown is that there are still a lot of real old-school dedicated lifters out there and will do whatever it takes to keep at it. I used bands, buckets filled with tools, sand bags... whatever shit I could find and lift.

Im not gonna lie since before the gym closed I have really been going through it. Covid came at the worst possible time for me. Late last year I had a gameplan to compete before I turned 40. Do everything right for once. I slipped going down a flight of stairs christmas eve and dislocated my right shoulder. Few days later stepped on a piece of glass and I still remember the agony of forcing myself to stay home while i healed. I had that fire again like i was 19. I couldnt do shit couldnt walk couldnt use basically my upper body that dislocated shoulder was really the first injury in my life. I was so mad. Mad at myself for being stupid mad that i was missing workouts. It had me in tears. Fast forward to feb i was gung ho again. Put on 30lbs and landed in the hospital. Few weeks later i tried again and the gym got shut down. I was heart broken. First it was three weeks and i still had hope. Then it was three months and hope faded. They opened the gym and i felt hope again and the very fucking next day they shut it down. Now i have medial and lateral epicondylitis in my right arm. I cant do shit again. Rehabing an injury with no guarantee of recovery.

There is little joy in my life besides bodybuilding and I keep trying and forces beyond my control keep telling me to stop but then who am I? Just any random middle aged nobody.

So yeah, enjoy your workouts and dont trip on what you dont have. This goes to anybody really. Whatever situation you find yourself in make the best of it and be happy. Im gettin off my soapbox.

aborigin

• Getbig I
« Reply #21713 on: July 28, 2020, 08:30:05 AM »
Someone posted on Dan's facebook page that he committed suicide. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.facebook.com/dan.cristian.37

https://www.instagram.com/dan.cristian1/

Not him, the girl in the photo.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21714 on: July 28, 2020, 11:50:16 AM »
Karl KAINRATH just passed away.. he was the friend, the training partner and his competitor during Arnold's youth..former Mr. Universe dies at 77.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21715 on: July 28, 2020, 11:55:28 AM »
Not him, the girl in the photo.

That's horrible. RIP

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21716 on: July 28, 2020, 01:46:17 PM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #21717 on: July 28, 2020, 05:01:51 PM »
 :)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #21718 on: July 28, 2020, 05:02:39 PM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #21719 on: July 28, 2020, 05:03:54 PM »

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #21720 on: July 28, 2020, 09:32:10 PM »

Ha ha ha x2 👍🏻

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21721 on: July 28, 2020, 11:54:48 PM »
Jordan Janowitz Leg Training Video 6 Weeks Out North Americas

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #21722 on: July 29, 2020, 02:58:00 AM »
Im not gonna lie since before the gym closed I have really been going through it. Covid came at the worst possible time for me. Late last year I had a gameplan to compete before I turned 40. Do everything right for once. I slipped going down a flight of stairs christmas eve and dislocated my right shoulder. Few days later stepped on a piece of glass and I still remember the agony of forcing myself to stay home while i healed. I had that fire again like i was 19. I couldnt do shit couldnt walk couldnt use basically my upper body that dislocated shoulder was really the first injury in my life. I was so mad. Mad at myself for being stupid mad that i was missing workouts. It had me in tears. Fast forward to feb i was gung ho again. Put on 30lbs and landed in the hospital. Few weeks later i tried again and the gym got shut down. I was heart broken. First it was three weeks and i still had hope. Then it was three months and hope faded. They opened the gym and i felt hope again and the very fucking next day they shut it down. Now i have medial and lateral epicondylitis in my right arm. I cant do shit again. Rehabing an injury with no guarantee of recovery.

There is little joy in my life besides bodybuilding and I keep trying and forces beyond my control keep telling me to stop but then who am I? Just any random middle aged nobody.

So yeah, enjoy your workouts and dont trip on what you dont have. This goes to anybody really. Whatever situation you find yourself in make the best of it and be happy. Im gettin off my soapbox.

Jeeze, you've really been knocked around. One thing after another. But what can you do but just keep getting back up and keep the fighting spirit. Of course, we always want more, always want better, always do better, but times like these really make one one appreciate what they have.

We are going through such shitty times now but like King Solomon said, this too shall past. We always want good times to last forever and bad times to end now. But such is life. You never want to get too complacent when things are going your way or too down when life shits on you. Both the good times and the bad times never last forever. It's the ebb and flow and life is a constant battle.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21723 on: July 29, 2020, 06:01:59 PM »
Nick walker | Chest & Biceps Ep 2

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21724 on: July 29, 2020, 06:25:42 PM »

Injuries are depressing. Fuck competing. Those temporary drug muscles will soon leave you and all you will have is pictures. I have so many tweeks in my sixties. I still train thinking I'm young. My advice is do what you can and fuck the rest. I can't bench due to shoulder issues but I do stuff like decline presses, dips and push ups. Of course I miss the bench but I can't do it. The beauty of training is that you can usually find a substitute to make it work. 

I knew a guy that had his shoulder so fucked up he basically couldn't do anything. He just started running and soon was up to 10 miles a day. When he returned to lifting he used high reps and low weight. He said he just went for the burn. He soon had the best physique he ever had. He misses big benches and deads along with the rest but found his body looked the best using light weights. He was lean and ripped. No, he could never compete with his thin body but damn he looked better than Bruce Lee.

Train hard but forget the sport of bodybuilding that is based on drug use. Half of these guys that are so proud of the pictures they put up know they look like shit without the drugs. The best part about training drug free and adapting to injuries is that you will look great and know you look better than a drug guy when he goes off drugs.  Except you will be in shape year round.