Author Topic: Random Bodybuilding Pics  (Read 5328470 times)

escrima

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Random Bodybuilding Pics
« Reply #21975 on: August 27, 2020, 11:55:49 PM »
Casey wasn't as strong as the hype claims. I really think he couldn't bench 350lbs. Those pictures of him holding 405lbs is  a scam. Holding a weight for a picture isn't proof. No way could he hang with Dorian for a week's workout.
Casey turned into a fat bloated mess

escrima

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21976 on: August 28, 2020, 12:07:28 AM »
Dorian for the win

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #21977 on: August 28, 2020, 06:52:35 AM »
           casey did not let me repeat myself  DID NOT  trainn the way some people believe.  neither did mentzers. casey was not as strong as the mags posted either.  some adults on here are still stuck in the past believing things they read in magazines and have their heads so far up arthur jones ass that they cant see daylight until jones opens his mouth. all this colorado experiment heavy duty hit complete failure one set workouts etc is all bunk ( to an extent) on paper it sounds great. short intense and get out of gym. in real life it doesnt work that way. jones used it all as a marketing tool and mentzer did too. knowing alot of people would believe everything they read especially if it meant get big quick. we all fell for that crap when we were like 14 years old. mags saying arnold drinks this zane eats this draper uses this buy their courses gain a pound a day  blah blah blah.  jones had a gimmick then mentzer used it to make money. oh and train clients BY FREAKING PHONE not even in person. so lets charge xxxx amount per session and get it over in 15 minutes instead of an hour.  and where are all these "clients" mentzer had? im so sure they all went on to win many titles right?  lmao.  forget all the things we read growing up in the mags. most was fake worthless information and alot of the articles were not even written by the champs themselves they had ghost writers. and saying sergio was the best he ever was after training with jones means nothing. NOTHING. hey arnold was the best he ever was when he DIDNT train with jones. it all boils down to the drugs they were using. a big gain is not from the training its from the drugs they used. PERIOD

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #21978 on: August 28, 2020, 07:01:46 AM »
           casey did not let me repeat myself  DID NOT  trainn the way some people believe.  neither did mentzers. casey was not as strong as the mags posted either.  some adults on here are still stuck in the past believing things they read in magazines and have their heads so far up arthur jones ass that they cant see daylight until jones opens his mouth. all this colorado experiment heavy duty hit complete failure one set workouts etc is all bunk ( to an extent) on paper it sounds great. short intense and get out of gym. in real life it doesnt work that way. jones used it all as a marketing tool and mentzer did too. knowing alot of people would believe everything they read especially if it meant get big quick. we all fell for that crap when we were like 14 years old. mags saying arnold drinks this zane eats this draper uses this buy their courses gain a pound a day  blah blah blah.  jones had a gimmick then mentzer used it to make money. oh and train clients BY FREAKING PHONE not even in person. so lets charge xxxx amount per session and get it over in 15 minutes instead of an hour.  and where are all these "clients" mentzer had? im so sure they all went on to win many titles right?  lmao.  forget all the things we read growing up in the mags. most was fake worthless information and alot of the articles were not even written by the champs themselves they had ghost writers. and saying sergio was the best he ever was after training with jones means nothing. NOTHING. hey arnold was the best he ever was when he DIDNT train with jones. it all boils down to the drugs they were using. a big gain is not from the training its from the drugs they used. PERIOD

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAA AAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP snnnnniiiiiiffffffffffff ...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnni iiiiiiiffffffff....quite   pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eg gs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...qu ite so my darling....sniff....quit e pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnn nnnnnnnnnniiiiiiiffffff. ...ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese... ..quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....plea se my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAA AAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLL LLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm.... hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnnii iiiiiiffffffff.....hmmm. ..hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....on ion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....BBBBBBRRRRRRRR PPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF FFFTTTTTTTTTTT Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiiiiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….ssssnnnnniiiifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….
Q

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21979 on: August 28, 2020, 11:42:55 AM »

Jang Sung Yeop

212 Monsterzym Pro Prep

https://www.instagram.com/themass_212/

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21980 on: August 28, 2020, 11:48:11 AM »

Titus Pullo

• Getbig III
« Reply #21981 on: August 28, 2020, 01:10:05 PM »
Casey wasn't as strong as the hype claims. I really think he couldn't bench 350lbs. Those pictures of him holding 405lbs is  a scam. Holding a weight for a picture isn't proof. No way could he hang with Dorian for a week's workout.

I like you and respect your opinion.  You're easily one of the best posters here, and I mean that.

I am curious, however:  why do you think his strength is that overhyped?  A 350 bench -- hell, skinny little Matt "7th place in Thunder Bay!" Canning could do that naturally or barely enhanced.  I know I did with 20-30mg Dbol, and I was a HIT guy that rarely did flat barbell press.  I just decided to concentrate on benching once a week for three or four months, adding the Dianabol, Thai pinks, in around the halfway point.  (In fairness, I grew to an ugly, bloated 240 at the time, but that wasn't my best press.  I did better later weighing in the 220s solely on 350mg/wk Test E; however, again, that was after not doing the movement but for a few months at a stretch out of years avoiding it.)

Granted, Mentzer once told me that Casey was "prone to exaggerate," but he also noted that Casey was extremely strong.  So did Ell Darden and even Arnold, in a minor throwaway comment manner ("Casey was one of my strongest training partners," read a caption under a pic of them together in Arnold's EOB). 

Are there any particular lifts attributed to Casey that drew you to your conclusion?  I know I read some rubbish about him "strict curling" 225 for 20.  Total horseshit.  There's also his supposed Mr. America pec routine bandied about online.  It claimed he did two sets of 20 with -- there's that number again! --
350 on a flat bench, three sets of 20 with 225 inclines, and I forget the rest.  I don't buy that either.

I do believe Darden's account of the workout he personally witnessed in mid '71.  For Viator to have done full squats with 500 for 13 reps *after* Jones annihilated him on a set of leg extensions and leg presses, both to failure and with no rest in the whole triset, is truly remarkable. 

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #21982 on: August 28, 2020, 01:29:14 PM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #21983 on: August 28, 2020, 07:30:56 PM »
Best he ever looked for that movie

ArnoldPlatz

• Getbig III
  • youtube.com/channel/UCM3b-ovhSj2GjARYWYWwODQ
« Reply #21984 on: August 28, 2020, 10:09:53 PM »
1990 mo lh ;D

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21985 on: August 28, 2020, 11:27:24 PM »
Haney in his Prime

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21986 on: August 28, 2020, 11:29:08 PM »
Early version of a branch warren type physique the powerful looking Tim Belknap

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21987 on: August 28, 2020, 11:32:52 PM »
The “magic Egyptian” the small but magnificent MM @ the 1983 Olympia

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21988 on: August 29, 2020, 12:30:12 AM »
Date unknown

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21989 on: August 29, 2020, 12:31:36 AM »
Young Shawn Ray 1987 Flex Wheeler 1993 A/C

herne

• Getbig V
« Reply #21990 on: August 29, 2020, 06:07:18 AM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21991 on: August 29, 2020, 09:43:20 PM »
BODYBUILDING POSING 7 WEEKS OUT | REGAN GRIMES

epic is back

• Getbig V
  • It is only in darkness that light is brightest
« Reply #21992 on: August 29, 2020, 09:59:43 PM »
Haney in his Prime

its strange that haney looks small compared to how pros look today

they are just thicker all over and while i agree they dont look better they would make haney seem smaller. a lot smaller

haney saif he was 256 on stage

i dont buy that weight. maybe 230=240

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #21993 on: August 29, 2020, 10:26:29 PM »

Absolutely true about ghost writers.  I had a conversation with Rich Gaspari about this.  I asked him about something in one of the magazines that he said and his response was "Is that what they wrote I said?". 

escrima

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21994 on: August 29, 2020, 11:32:43 PM »
The “magic Egyptian” the small but magnificent MM @ the 1983 Olympia

still in good shape today

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21995 on: August 30, 2020, 01:02:08 AM »
its strange that haney looks small compared to how pros look today

they are just thicker all over and while i agree they dont look better they would make haney seem smaller. a lot smaller

haney saif he was 256 on stage

i dont buy that weight. maybe 230=240
If memory serves me correct they actually had a official weigh in @ the 1988 Mr. Olympia I cannot recall exactly how much lee weighed that day but I’m about 99% certain he was over 240-245lbs...that was official weighed in with the results being yelled out (like in title fight weigh ins) so it’s feasible too say he weighed over 250 in ether the 1989 Mr. Olympia or 1991

I don’t think in anyone’s era that’s a small bodybuilder you got too remember he was ether 5ft 10 or 5ft 11 so he wasn’t a short bodybuilder.

Absolutely  the guys nowadays are bigger (and have been for @ least the last 25 years) however  “bigger” doesn’t automatically mean they are better but the gene pool keeps moving forward whatever the case Haney was a one off for his era he dominated like no champion before or after him but is largely “forgotten” in the greats debate he dominated his era ...just like Yates...Coleman then Heath after him.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21996 on: August 30, 2020, 03:03:11 AM »
Zane 1979

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21997 on: August 30, 2020, 03:04:48 AM »
Pooles outstanding MM in 1965

Methyl m1ke

• Getbig IV