Author Topic: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!  (Read 744768 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Re: Bitcoins - about to hit $5,000 per coin today!
« Reply #8175 on: October 17, 2021, 04:24:41 AM »
What is going on with HEX?
It is crashing hard...

Does it before every run up. It’s what extreme volatility looks like. Savage downs and savage ups.

But really what is there to discuss, when to buy it and when to sell it.Top looks to be somewhere between December 2021 and March 2022.Plan B who made the S2F model thinks March, many OGs think December as usual but lengthening cycles and a possible supercycle may come in to play. The alt market in the other hand is far more interesting, although more risky.

I am keen to see this next 3-6mths because I am expecting shortening cycles. A cycle is considered a new all time high And I think liquidity entering will create short cycles instead of the historic 4yrs based around a halving event. 

The APr peak cut in half is why I think this and why I think we get to 115k this next run and not 200k+.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #8176 on: October 17, 2021, 04:26:34 AM »
I am sure you can make money with Richard Heart's stuff but I don't trust this guy. He seems like a bullshit artist to me. Time will tell...

https://wantfi.com/richard-hearts-hex-token-is-a-brilliant-scam.html

Hex is a token on the Ethereum network executed by a smart contract and the website advertises itself as a place to earn 40% per year with “certificates of deposit.”

You think that the 40% per year “interest” is your first clue that this is a scam?

Hex.com claims that two different auditors have audited the contract. But what does that really mean? To a layman, they might think that the statement means that a professional auditor like PricewaterhouseCoopers came in and reviewed it and found out it’s not a scam, or something to that effect.

But that’s not what it means. Auditing in crypto-land is evaluating the computer code for bugs. Having sound code doesn’t absolve it from being a scam if the code is written to be… a scam. 

Hex bears a lot of similarities to the Bitconnect Ponzi scheme that failed in 2017. In fact, it’s almost as if the scammer behind Hex used Bitconnect as a springboard to make an improved scam. Hex has been very careful with marketing language and product design features to both appear legitimate and to avoid legal trouble.

The website even has an entire page on Hex dedicated to why the product isn’t a scam and generously educates the reader on what technically constitutes an illegal Ponzi scheme and a Pyramid scheme and why this product doesn’t qualify.

Usually legitimate investment products don’t need an entire section educating you on scams and why their product doesn’t meet the technical requirements.

I think this page is actually targeted towards any SEC or financial authority law enforcement officer that happens to come across the product rather than everyday readers.

It may not fit the legal definition of a Ponzi or Pyramid scheme only because this is the first time in history that the schemer has controlled the seigniorage that victims were receiving as interest. The scam wouldn’t work if the advertised returns had to be paid in any other asset that Hex didn’t control.

And none of the Hex scam rebuttals negate the fact that the whole premise requires luring others to buy in.

And so it goes, the same bullshit repeated over and over and over and over: It's a scam, it's a ponzi. All the fucking time.

First of all, the 40% return shouldn't even be that impressive. If you walk into a bank and buy a 5-year CD, your return will be 1-2% at most. The bank will then get to 7x (fractional reserve banking) the amount of your deposit and then lend it out, let's say through their mortgage desk at 4%. Your return is still 1-2% but The bank's is around 28%. HEX flips that relationship and pays the staker the 7x, aka the inflation. You then add the penalties from the morons that end stake early and that's how you add up to 40%. THIS IS ALL IN THE WHITE PAPER.

Secondly, the two code and one economic audits aren't meant to prove that the coin isn't a scam, they were meant to prove how solid the code is. I don't know if you've even taken your head out of the sand but... the code behind many of the cryptos is amateurish at best, and hackers exploit these vulnerabilities all the time. Having solid code is tantamount to a solid FINISHED product. 

Thirdly, when you call some one or some thing something, the burden of proof falls upon you to prove what you say is true. Not to insinuate, PROVE. Honestly, people are getting fed up with this shit. This week, reddit moderators took down two threads that were meant to prove HEX is a scam but yet, the originators, made NO EFFORT to prove anything. So the moderators shut the conversation down immediately.

I understand Richard Heart's attitude irks people out but... if you're in doubt, think of HEX as something entirely unrelated to him. He may be a scammer (which he is not, he actually got scammed at one point,) but HEX isn't. 

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #8177 on: October 17, 2021, 04:31:01 AM »
If you want to make money you need someone else to buy it from you for more. Shares. Gold. Crypto. Every single thing requires you to encourage more people to buy for more than what you paid.

Wall St gets 120B/mth in QE to pump stock prices 😂 so let’s all agree the world is a ponzi.

There are answers to your comments but it‘ll be a long post.

Its worth a shot, I own worse shit than HEX….. like DOGE, who’s function is a Billionaire tweets a photo of a dog at random times and it goes up in value. It was the 3rd largest coin in the industry and the best performer of 2021 at one point. I bought more of that piece of shit just yesterday lol.

Exactly!

In the end, my garbage is someone else's treasure. Who is to measure value? In what terms? It's all very subjective.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #8178 on: October 17, 2021, 04:34:47 AM »
It is crashing hard...

It's gone up 10000x.

Can't it take a breather without people freaking out?

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8179 on: October 17, 2021, 06:36:16 AM »
It is crashing hard...

End dates for some stakers. Could take a while to recover as November potentially looks worse with the number of daily ending stakes.

The rest of crypto is going on a run and some Hex holders are clearly not handling it well.

Here is a Richard Heart video to calm the bag holders.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8180 on: October 17, 2021, 12:45:39 PM »
End dates for some stakers. Could take a while to recover as November potentially looks worse with the number of daily ending stakes.

The rest of crypto is going on a run and some Hex holders are clearly not handling it well.

Here is a Richard Heart video to calm the bag holders.

Yeah that does not impress me. Sure the guy is rolling in cash. He looks real sloppy in those jeans. You won't find Elon Musk unboxing Gucci clothes. He don't have time for that BS.

Madoff was also rolling in cash. Look where he ended up.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8181 on: October 17, 2021, 12:55:08 PM »
Lol read above,Pulsechain will improve on eth, he has forked ethereum and made massive changes so it runs 4x faster, has no miners (proof of stake instead), is deflationary (complete supply available at launch and 25% of every transaction burned)and the gas fees per transaction are pennies, instead of 100 dollars+ on eth at times.He is also copying the entire eth ecosystem over at launch so devs can literally switch their projects over on day 1 if they wanted.Also every erc20 you have on eth will get a clone on Pulse, have 200 link and 200 usdc on eth?Youll have them on pulse.Have nfts on eth?Youll have them on Pulse.Will they be worth anything?The market will decide.

The hex scam stuff has been debunked over and over and its just bitter people who missed out on a 6000x making those articles, it now is in the top 10 marketcaps in crypto.Also the video you posted is from richard hearts channel, and its about the other guy getting his career ended, he got exposed an hour after the stream as conning people out of btc and is now finished as a "crypto youtuber".
So he is a copycat? Great! Binance did the same thing but it is centralized. He is literally copying everything that ETH is doing including the deflationary narrative.

I just checked HEX and it has a max supply of 633 billion and circulating supply of 173.4 billion. That's a lot! And it runs on Ethereum. So why would you back that over Ethereum itself?

What is the deflation rate of HEX?

Since EIP1559 came out as of this post 560,979 ETH has been burned and 426,180 ETH issued. ETH supply is deflating.

https://watchtheburn.com/

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #8182 on: October 17, 2021, 03:26:45 PM »
So he is a copycat? Great! Binance did the same thing but it is centralized. He is literally copying everything that ETH is doing including the deflationary narrative.

I just checked HEX and it has a max supply of 633 billion and circulating supply of 173.4 billion. That's a lot! And it runs on Ethereum. So why would you back that over Ethereum itself?

What is the deflation rate of HEX?

Since EIP1559 came out as of this post 560,979 ETH has been burned and 426,180 ETH issued. ETH supply is deflating.

https://watchtheburn.com/

Everyone builds on everyone elses code, if you have ever been a programmer you'd know the majority of the time you spend googling and copy and pasting

The problem is very simple, and richard heart has said this himself, if eth worked properly and fees were low, he wouldnt even be making Pulsechain, but its costs hundreds of dollars at times to send 1 transaction, on Hex for example at times it was costing people $1600 in eth fees to simply unstake their hex, he is doing it because Eth is failing all the Hex owners and he wants to give them a better service.

Eth is tied up with too much bureaucracy  with founders and miners to make any drastic changes to keep up with the market.If you were involved in the eth alt markets like uniswap, sushiswap etc youd understand that the fees are a joke now.

And who is backing hex over eth?One is a layer 1 and the other is a store of value.Hex is just BTC but instead of miners dumping everyday its replaced with staking.You are confusing hex with pulse I think.Best to have an understanding that they are seperate things and have different names before debating.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8183 on: October 17, 2021, 04:25:58 PM »
Everyone builds on everyone elses code, if you have ever been a programmer you'd know the majority of the time you spend googling and copy and pasting

The problem is very simple, and richard heart has said this himself, if eth worked properly and fees were low, he wouldnt even be making Pulsechain, but its costs hundreds of dollars at times to send 1 transaction, on Hex for example at times it was costing people $1600 in eth fees to simply unstake their hex, he is doing it because Eth is failing all the Hex owners and he wants to give them a better service.

Eth is tied up with too much bureaucracy  with founders and miners to make any drastic changes to keep up with the market.If you were involved in the eth alt markets like uniswap, sushiswap etc youd understand that the fees are a joke now.

And who is backing hex over eth?One is a layer 1 and the other is a store of value.Hex is just BTC but instead of miners dumping everyday its replaced with staking.You are confusing hex with pulse I think.Best to have an understanding that they are seperate things and have different names before debating.
Ethereum is Layer 1 and a store of value. It has a much smaller supply than HEX. And it is deflationary.

I don't see institutions buying into a loudmouth like Richard Heart's tokens.

RH has said before centralization is not so bad. The whole point of crypto is the need for decentralization. PulseChain will apparently have higher throughput and also lower fees. Well with centralization this is much easier to achieve. The trick is having a decentralized network and also speed and lower fees.

Vitalik could easily do what RH is doing with a centralized fork but that's not the point. The goal is decentralized, fast and cheap transactions.

Zillotch

• Getbig V
  • the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever
« Reply #8184 on: October 17, 2021, 04:50:16 PM »
One currency to rule them all: Facebook’s Diem has global ambitions

https://cointelegraph.com/news/one-currency-to-rule-them-all-facebook-s-diem-has-global-ambitions

'In the long run, the ultimate objective of Diem is to help the world to gain access to financial services easier and faster. The United States dollar, the euro, the British pound, and other major fiat currencies will back up the Diem Project. If the project gets approval from the U.S. regulators (lol), Diem will function as a full-scale central bank that runs on blockchain technology. As you probably know, this is nothing like Bitcoin (BTC) and others.'

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8185 on: October 17, 2021, 05:55:47 PM »
Its crashed 50-70% something like 11 times in 2 years and is still up 6000x.The early buyers became multi millionaires just throwing like 2k in, they will cash out, new buyers take their place, rinse and repeat, same as btc in the early days.If you panic on every dip youll struggle with crypto.Coins go up, coins go down.

The promotors and early buyers always make the biggest gains in new alts. Which is of course WHY WE ALWAYS SEE NEW ALTS. :)

In a rising market with new entrants to Bitcoin, there are always some suckers who think they can find "the new Bitcoin" and who want a dilutive piece of the Bitcoin pie. So, yes you can make money alts, especially if close to the food chain, but just don't kid yourself on any long term value. Long term the alt money either rotates back into Bitcoin, cash (or a US stable coin), or into the "next alt".

For me, as a person who always aims to make balanced risk / reward investment plays, it a long term BTC hodl only, (although there is one alt which caught my eye that I have invested in for technical reasons called Efinity which for various reasons I won't go into here, but for which i see potential as having significant legitimate upside).

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8186 on: October 17, 2021, 05:57:51 PM »
So pulsechain is gonna be great because you have a man crush on Richard Heart. Got it.

That also explains why your space bar seems a bit sticky..

LOL :)

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #8187 on: October 17, 2021, 06:10:40 PM »
Ethereum is Layer 1 and a store of value. It has a much smaller supply than HEX. And it is deflationary.

I don't see institutions buying into a loudmouth like Richard Heart's tokens.

RH has said before centralization is not so bad. The whole point of crypto is the need for decentralization. PulseChain will apparently have higher throughput and also lower fees. Well with centralization this is much easier to achieve. The trick is having a decentralized network and also speed and lower fees.

Vitalik could easily do what RH is doing with a centralized fork but that's not the point. The goal is decentralized, fast and cheap transactions.

Why do you keep comparing eth to hex when they are nothing alike?Hex is a btc rival, not eth You seem very confused.Compare it to Pulse when it releases.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8188 on: October 17, 2021, 06:29:41 PM »
An ETH futures ETF will surely be be rolled out soon now that the BTC futures ETF has been ready. Expecting some serious pumps for ETH.

Just for fun ETH has also formed a near perfect cup and handle pattern and looks ready for a breakout.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #8189 on: October 18, 2021, 08:53:15 AM »
I'll look into both. There has been mention of inclusion into the Metaverse? There are some like Axie Infinity, but I prefer lower barriers to entry via price point.

"1"

Just for kicks, let's go ahead and revisit my proposal every 6 months to see how you would have fared. The price upon that day for Marathon was about $42 a share. Today it stands at $52 and skyrocketing.

They OWN the bitcoin. They have the ability to PRODUCE more bitcoin than anyone else. They are the giant in the industry so they can negotiate the best energy prices.

Digital SCARCITY.

Think of the power of those 2 words. EVERYTHING else is a joke in comparison.

You will see these narratives on alt coins change a million times over as the peanut gallery on here will continue to run around like chickens with their heads cut off spouting the same buzz words they heard 15 minutes ago on some rickety old YouTube channel.

Last week it was Litecoin and Tron.

Yesterday it was Polkadot and Chainlink.

Today it's HEX and Pulse.

OneMoreRep, you are still quite spry and have much more life ahead of you!

With your jiujitsu challenges that you partake of and your affinity for the barbell and other cardiovascular pursuits, I predict many more years of a very fruitful and abundant life!

Look down upon all this madness and ask yourself "What's going to be around 20 or 30 years from now as I gracefully approach my golden years?"

Well, I think I have given you the answer to that on a silver platter  8)

Fastball right down the middle.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #8190 on: October 18, 2021, 09:59:51 AM »

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8191 on: October 18, 2021, 11:41:44 AM »
Why do you keep comparing eth to hex when they are nothing alike?Hex is a btc rival, not eth You seem very confused.Compare it to Pulse when it releases.
I am not comparing Ethereum to HEX. I am asking what's so great about HEX? It is nothing like Bitcoin or Ethereum. Without Ethereum HEX does not exist. It is not a Layer 1 blockchain like Bitcoin and Ethereum. HEX also has a much bigger supply than Bitcoin and Ethereum.

Why are you comparing HEX to Bitcoin?!

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8192 on: October 18, 2021, 11:45:36 AM »
HEX down almost 50% in the past 30 days...

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8193 on: October 18, 2021, 11:50:02 AM »
Did Bitcoin holders receive 10,000 HEX for free when it was released?

What is HEX
HEX (HEX) is designed as a store of value for a Certificate of Deposit on the blockchain as used in traditional financial markets. HEX is also designed to leverage off the emerging DeFi. HEX is designed and launched by Richard Heart on 2 December 2019.

The goal of HEX
HEX is an ERC20 token launched on the Ethereum network. HEX is designed to be a store of value to replace the Certificate of Deposit as the blockchain counterpart of that financial product used in traditional financial markets. HEX is also designed to leverage off the emerging DeFi (Decentralised Finance) ecosystem in cryptocurrencies within the Ethereum network.

The technology of HEX
HEX uses the Ethereum network for the transaction layer (sending and receiving HEX tokens, as well as interacting with the HEX smart contract), whilst the consensus code and staking mechanism is contained in the HEX smart contract.

Staking HEX
HEX allows a user to stake his or her HEX coins for a share of the new HEX coin issuance, or inflation and contains features designed to incentivize behaviors that encourage price appreciation and disincentivize behaviors that encourage harm to the price. The HEX smart contract penalizes stakers for ending their stake early and rewards them for staking larger amounts of HEX for longer periods. HEX is distributed to Bitcoin holders by way of a snapshot of the Bitcoin UTXO set that occurred on 2 December 2019 at block height 606227. The distribution of HEX to Bitcoin holders is 10,000 HEX per 1 BTC. Bitcoin holders are able to claim HEX only during the first year of launch. During this period, HEX is also obtained in exchange for ETH through interacting with the HEX smart contract. At the end of the first year of launch, all HEX coins that were not claimed by Bitcoin holders are distributed to the rest of the HEX users who have stakes that are active. The maximum possible annual inflation of HEX is designed to be 3.69% after the first year of launch.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #8194 on: October 18, 2021, 11:50:52 AM »

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8195 on: October 18, 2021, 06:20:27 PM »
I sold my one BTC at 58k, too early

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8196 on: October 19, 2021, 04:54:21 AM »
Just for kicks, let's go ahead and revisit my proposal every 6 months to see how you would have fared. The price upon that day for Marathon was about $42 a share. Today it stands at $52 and skyrocketing.

They OWN the bitcoin. They have the ability to PRODUCE more bitcoin than anyone else. They are the giant in the industry so they can negotiate the best energy prices.

Digital SCARCITY.

You will see these narratives on alt coins change a million times over as the peanut gallery on here will continue to run around like chickens with their heads cut off spouting the same buzz words they heard 15 minutes ago on some rickety old YouTube channel.

With your jiujitsu challenges that you partake of and your affinity for the barbell and other cardiovascular pursuits, I predict many more years of a very fruitful and abundant life!

Look down upon all this madness and ask yourself "What's going to be around 20 or 30 years from now as I gracefully approach my golden years?"

Fully agree.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8197 on: October 19, 2021, 04:56:42 AM »
I sold my one BTC at 58k, too early

Way too early. Remember what Mr Anabolic told us - "first 100,000 then to a million" Do not forget those words of wisdom.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #8199 on: October 19, 2021, 09:43:59 AM »

Digital SCARCITY.

Not a bad idea at all.

The issue I have is the price point for entry. MARA is pricey at this point. HUT looks attractive, so I might consider it, but I just have to get over my dislike of Trudeau.

I've invested a decent amount of money ($75K+) into the crypto ecosystem, what I have mainly done is use my self-directed IRA to invest that chunk of money into the ecosystem as to not incur any taxes in the meantime if I were to sell short-term. Separate from the $75K held hostage by the IRA, I do play around with another $20-$30K in crypto, but do no day-trading, simply HOD'L top 20 crypto projects.

What I am now looking for are smaller cryptos at could possibly serve Bitcoin as sidechain scaling solution. Just as $MATIC make transactions on the Ethereum blockchain faster and cheaper, I'd like to gather more alts that can bring functionality to the $BTCs of the world, as those coins are likely to do very well and have a decent (low) price.

"1"