Author Topic: From volume to HIT  (Read 37184 times)

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
From volume to HIT
« on: August 11, 2015, 02:32:14 AM »
Started HIT training one set to failure gonna log workouts and experience have been training volume for about a year now with some heavy sets in but now training to true failure on a single set for the excersize.
Chest Tri -first time HIT upper body hit legs Sunday . Starting log today for Monday
20 mins stair machine
Chest felt like 85% so I didn't go low low reps took it kind of easy pec isn't aggravated should b good 100% by next session
Incline dbel press 50s warm up 80s warm up 100s warm up 120s failed at around 15 with training partner got 3 extra decided this was enough weight this week all we have is 140s to go up to next time so may have to include the bar more often because it's gonna take more weight to make me fail
Chest press hammer strength machine 1 2 3 4 plates 4 plates to failure assisted got like 5 extra
Tricep v bar push downs half stack whole stack warm ups then hung an extra 25 and went to failure plus negatives with training partner
Nose breakers 2 sets 2nd set failure plus 1 with spot assistance
Over head tricep extensions 140dbell failed at 12 got 2 extra with assistance
Slow reps on the negatives and explosive positives with good squeezes have to think more and put 100% effort into each set
I really enjoyed this a lot muscles got fully pumped

ritch

• Getbig V
Re: From volume to HIT
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 11:31:42 AM »
120's for 15 reps is damn impressive. I've never even touched the 120's.
?

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 12:27:13 PM »
My chest is sore   ;D ;D . Next week if my fucking left pectoral is back to 100% I should get the 130-140s in the 7-10range of failure thought about sniffing some ammonia before the failure sets to get all I can out of it?¿ my buddy does this shit lol he moves more weight than Anybody I've ever seen

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 12:31:28 PM »
A buddy gave me some of those inhalants. I chucked them. I'd become reliant instantly. Bad enough I can't train without stims and nootropics, never mind added stuff like that.

?

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 12:39:41 PM »
Lol no shit So tracked macros yesterday decreased fats some today I feel fresh was thinking of going ahead and hitting back also u mayb noticed I changed the split to chest tri I'll flip flop back and forth few weeks here and there . All proteins came from egg whites tilapia ground turkey and newyork strip  carbs bananas white rice peanut butter on the bananas woke up lean as normal even with my little but of cardio. So we shall see how this goes.. Any input on diet? I've been doing this for a while and it has been working just never tracked macros for a while adjusted as needed till I got to here obviously calories will go up to gain weight provided I stay lean. Never letting abs disappear is the goal while getting bigger

ritch

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 12:45:17 PM »
diet looks good, I've never needed that much protein and the next caloric reduction should come from there.
You could go lower on carbs on off days. Go lowest day before cheat day to make sure you take in the carbs super effectively on that given day.
?

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 12:50:44 PM »
This is high high carbs for me. Appreciate the feedback I don't plan on changing or reducing much I just move carbs around training like u said low days for no training and so on

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 02:44:33 AM »
Back
10 mins stair machine training partner was early and Needed to hurry he doesn't do cardio and makes fun of me for it then always comments about how lean I am lol
Let him pick the lifts my elbows were sore

Rack deads just below knee cap 6 sets pyramid up a plate each set last set put weight belt on wrist wraps got between 15-20 started get light headed and couldn't pick it up off pins anymore

Good mornings 3x15 not to failure didn't seem right to do this with these

Hyper extensions holding a plate 2x10 3rd set failed at 13 droped plate got 2 more

Lat pull downs close grip underhand 2 warm up sets 1 failure round 12 with some assisted

Barbell Shrugs 2 warm ups 3rd set failure
Decline sit ups 3x15
Different excersize selection than I'm used to was good but I will use different ones next time and also hit biceps giving them a rest this week and also elbows need a little rest I'm getting just as pumped with this training style as volume as well

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 02:51:44 AM »
Diet exactly the same accept carbs right at 200 and fat little lower.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 02:54:32 AM »
strong dude

what are your stats? height, weight, % bodyfat

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2015, 03:35:17 AM »
I call bullshit on the 15 reps with the  120 pound DB Inclines unless they were 1/4 reps.

Complete Bullshit!!

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2015, 04:11:01 AM »
U call bullshit? Lol fuck u and get out bitch go skip rope or some other shit. This is a log to see if I can gain faster with HIT vs my traditional volume not to impress you. Believe what u like idgaf. I deal with jealousy a lot I'm used to it helps motivate so I appreciate it bub
Stats 6 ft 215-220 below 10% or right at it.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2015, 04:16:50 AM »
Actually I think u r the same mother fucker that got mad the last time i mentioned military pressing 275 for reps when I started posting in the training section and soon stopped because of the gayness

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2015, 05:40:37 AM »
I call bullshit on the 15 reps with the  120 pound DB Inclines unless they were 1/4 reps.

Complete Bullshit!!
Btw U can't fathom it because u eat 5ounces of meat per sitting my sister eats that

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2015, 07:40:58 AM »
U call bullshit? Lol fuck u and get out bitch go skip rope or some other shit. This is a log to see if I can gain faster with HIT vs my traditional volume not to impress you. Believe what u like idgaf. I deal with jealousy a lot I'm used to it helps motivate so I appreciate it bub

good stuff bro, what's your barbell bench? not 1 rep max but say for 10 reps or so?

and i'll be very curious to see what hit does for you, coz in my own case i never was able to get bigger unless i got stronger and lifted heavier training loads

and what's your split and how often do you train each bodypart?

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2015, 07:56:23 AM »
I'm hoping it makes me expload with size I did pretty good for a year with volume went from 199lbs to here in one year but I think I can do better...
Barbell bench is now a thing of the past for me I decided. It's the only excersize my tendons can't hold up just wrong angle did it for years now my foundation is the inclune bar! But the other week I hit 315 for 15 or 16 most I've put in the bar is 405 I'm not powerlifting but it's nice to b strong sometimes. Left pec is still a little strained but it'll b good. And I don't bounce or quarter rep shit unless I'm already at failure no sense in short changing my self I spent valuable time away from my kids at gym i dont waste it. This week split is weak looking because basically getting accustomed to the trying style but next week
Legs
Chest tri
Back bi
Shoulder trap
Abs when I remmber to do and calves eod for now they r improving.
I was hitting everything 2-3 times a week depending on how I felt kind of instinct training needed a change and get organized to pack on slabs of lean meat

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2015, 08:19:07 AM »
that's a strong bench

if train each bodypart every 3-5 days i make better progress than if i train them just once a week

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2015, 10:10:39 AM »
Yea that's a good time frame....I've been doing to much was striving for conditioning got in great shape and gained weight. Lifting 7-9 times weekly. But hard to maintain low body fat all the Time and joints taking a toll. I will put efforts towards gaining weight and keeping lean I say it a lot so I don't lose track stay lean I fucking hate cutting and am sick of it so I will stay lean! I realize I have to put on some fat to get more density but I will cycle calories for periods of time and see what works best diet always has to change with the body all has to adapt to the environment and I have become pretty decent at allowing those changes.

pestosterone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2015, 10:55:14 AM »
good stuff bro, what's your barbell bench? not 1 rep max but say for 10 reps or so?

and i'll be very curious to see what hit does for you, coz in my own case i never was able to get bigger unless i got stronger and lifted heavier training loads

and what's your split and how often do you train each bodypart?
Oh when I did volume I used heavy weights and always tried to increase strength start every workout with a barbell after being warm deadlifts barbell rows squats OHP bench those build mass don't believe look at powerlifters then let one diet correctly them big fuckers carry mass around on them under all that fat.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2015, 03:25:37 PM »
i pick a staple exercise for each bodypart, for example, barbell bench for chest, barbell curl for bis and then i do it 1st in my workout and train it heavy attempting to increase training loads on it

then after this staple exercise i do 2 or 3 more exercises for each bodypart but i just pump them and not worry about increasing training loads on them so much

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2015, 04:22:39 PM »

You`re full of shit until you post a clear video of it.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2015, 04:24:08 PM »
Actually I think u r the same mother fucker that got mad the last time i mentioned military pressing 275 for reps when I started posting in the training section and soon stopped because of the gayness
Another blatant lie............video will prove it,anyone can make up numbers at least be realistic we`re not all noobs you know.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2015, 04:25:30 PM »
Btw U can't fathom it because u eat 5ounces of meat per sitting my sister eats that
I bet I`ve got a better physique than you do and I`m old enough to be youtr father.

Wanna` post pics asshole.

I thought so!  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2015, 04:27:00 PM »
I'm hoping it makes me expload with size I did pretty good for a year with volume went from 199lbs to here in one year but I think I can do better...
Barbell bench is now a thing of the past for me I decided. It's the only excersize my tendons can't hold up just wrong angle did it for years now my foundation is the inclune bar! But the other week I hit 315 for 15 or 16 most I've put in the bar is 405 I'm not powerlifting but it's nice to b strong sometimes. Left pec is still a little strained but it'll b good. And I don't bounce or quarter rep shit unless I'm already at failure no sense in short changing my self I spent valuable time away from my kids at gym i dont waste it. This week split is weak looking because basically getting accustomed to the trying style but next week
Legs
Chest tri
Back bi
Shoulder trap
Abs when I remmber to do and calves eod for now they r improving.
I was hitting everything 2-3 times a week depending on how I felt kind of instinct training needed a change and get organized to pack on slabs of lean meat

Christ almighty Johnny Jackson does 18 reps with 315............liar!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 04:28:54 PM »
Fabrication Of Peace
::)