Author Topic: I think my dog is constipated?  (Read 9717 times)

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I think my dog is constipated?
« on: June 02, 2016, 10:06:06 AM »
My dog could be constipated. Not sure what to do? ???

* Bodybuilding related due to combined diet and bunghole topics

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: I think my dog is constipated?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 10:10:53 AM »
Feed him/her a laxative (hide it in a doggie treat) and leave it outside in the yard until... nature takes its course.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 10:11:16 AM »
canned pumpkin
a

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 10:14:42 AM »
canned pumpkin

^this
 pumpkin is excellent for your dog's digestive track.

Pumpkin for Dog Diarrhea and Constipation:
        Pumpkin has high fiber and water content, which are good for correcting and preventing constipation in dogs, plus can help bulk up your dog’s stool. Start with feeding your dog 1 or 2 tablespoons of pureed pumpkin a day, depending on your dog’s size. Pumpkin may not help your dog with diarrhea or constipation if there is an underlying medical condition. Call your veterinarian for advice if the diarrhea or constipation persists.
    Helping Your Dog Lose Weight with Pumpkin:
        Some dogs needs to lose weight, but their owners don’t want them to feel hungry. Pumpkin is a great low-fat dog treat that fills a dog up due to its being high in fiber. The proper amount of pumpkin to feed depends on the size of your dog and dietary needs. Consult your veterinarian for suggested amounts. 

How to Feed Your Dog Pumpkin

Pumpkin is really simple to feed to your dog too. All you need is canned pumpkin. Canned pumpkin is just as packed with nutrients as fresh pumpkin, according to the Mayo Clinic website.  Canned pumpkin is a puree so it is easy to mix in your dog’s food, give it to your dog as a treat or use it as an ingredient when you make dog treats, such as these Pumpkin Paw Prints.

Note: When buying canned pumpkin, check and double check the label to make sure you are getting 100-percent pumpkin and not pumpkin pie mix.

You can also use fresh pumpkin, but it is important to cook it first. Serve your dog the insides of a fresh roasted or pureed pumpkin. 
:

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 10:14:54 AM »
Coconut oil
Y

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 10:18:44 AM »
Feed him/her a laxative (hide it in a doggie treat) and leave it outside in the yard until... nature takes its course.

Absolutely NOT unless directed by a vet.
:

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 10:40:12 AM »
Just when I thought getbig didn't care, I get all this love and concern for my dog's stinkhole.
 :D

Dog may have swallowing something that is obstructed its pathway, should take to vet or could be fatal

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 01:46:40 PM »
My dog could be constipated. Not sure what to do? ???

* Bodybuilding related due to combined diet and bunghole topics
As mentioned pumpkin will help along with Lactulose. Just be careful because too much fiber is also not a good thing and could make it worse.

A suppository could also help as well as enemas delivered via syringe. But you have to be careful with that and make sure you don't hurt your dog.

How old is your dog? Is your dog's belly swollen? Is your dog hacking or coughing / wheezing? It could be fluid build up resulting from a failing organ. A X-Ray / Ultrasound will indicate if the heart or liver is enlarged and any growth in the lungs. Blood work will also indicate if the liver enzymes are in order.

You should take him / her to the Vet if things don't improve and get to the bottom of it so the dog does not suffer.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 01:54:45 PM »
Back for a few days and already making awful threads.
X

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2016, 03:10:17 PM »
vet., something could be wrong. :(
A

Chacka

• Getbig III
  • He's not a homo he did that shit for money.
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2016, 10:18:50 PM »
Hopefully you've taken that poor dog to the vet by now you dumb bastard

Ryu Smash

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2016, 08:20:05 AM »
Did this poor dog ever get to a vet?  ??? ???