Author Topic: Oldtimer1  (Read 425861 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Oldtimer1
« Reply #1975 on: November 27, 2021, 07:31:13 PM »
To my shock it got here tonight.  The second box weights 116lbs with no way to grip it on the smooth box. I don't have a hand truck. I pushed it in my garage and will assemble it tomorrow. I'll open the box and take the pieces down the basement. I hope I'm not disappointed in this thing because the kick back machine in the commercial gym was amazing.

The escape room was so much fun for the kids. I enjoyed watching them find the clues. Some of the rooms the opening was so small I had to crawl in. Hard to explain what it is but it's all hidden clues and math problems that leads you to more clues, keys, combinations, needed props like black lights and hidden rooms. They give you an hour to solve it.  My kids solved it with time to spare. The worker who watches you on security type cameras said he was impressed with the speed they solved the room getting to the last clue. I was mainly an observer. I didn't solve or find anything.  My adult kids were running around like crazy trying to solve all the clues that unlocked secret doors and such. The last room was a pizza place with a hidden door. Never heard of this activity before my kids bought it up. Apparently it's very popular.  I'm not a fan but it was fun watching my kids enjoy them self.

The escape room sounds like a blast. Glad you and your family had fun doing it. I'm going to mention it to my kids, specially the grandkids who are young adult parents themselves. I'm probably too old and stupid to be very good at it, but it would probably be a fun time with my family anyway. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1976 on: November 28, 2021, 05:16:36 PM »
Got the Titan kick back machine assembled today. Like all Chinese made exercise equipment it was a headache with missing hardware to assemble it. I opened the box and washers/bolts were all over the place. No doubt assembly hardware escaped through a 8" slit in the box. Took me four hours to get it together. I had to go to my personal box of bolts and nuts to find missing items that didn't come with the machine. I'm still short 6 washers. I have to make a trip to the hardware store for that. 

I got it together and did some sets. It's a non lifting day for me so I didn't go all out. The foot pad had two selections. I found the bottom one will be the one I use.  The top felt awkward.  The machine is made with thick metal and seem very sturdy for a home machine. One thing that I'm wary of is the the single bolt that keep the foot plate from spinning. I can see wear happening on that so I have to keep an eye on it.

My initial impression is that it's not as good as the commercial kick back machine I used in the gym.  All the angles and the foot plate  of the commercial one was just made to perfection.  Don't get me wrong I think I will have great workouts on the Titan plate loaded version but it can't compare.  I wish I could tweak the design. I wouldn't use a V foot plate. It would be flat with a little play in it's spinning range so it would naturally find the perfect position as I performed a rep. I will know more as I use the Titan one in future workouts. I only did three sets. I'm impressed with the thickness of the metal. Seems sturdy.  Time will tell if that single bolt to stop rotation of the footplate lasts. 

I felt the machine hits the thighs and especially the butt hard.  No pancake ass for me as I age, lol.  Told my wife if I drop dead she is in serious trouble with all the  weight lifting crap I have in the basement. Maybe she can sell it with the house? When I moved from my first house to my present house I told the movers ahead of time about the weight lifting stuff. The guy said, I'll move your furniture but that stuff is out of the question.  I did it on my own and I rented a truck. Now I have more stuff than I did back then. My one treadmill weighs 275lbs and there is just no hand holds to pick it up and go up the stairs. I got it in the basement with three guys and my son in law who is as strong as a house and weighs over 300lbs.  We had trouble going down the two flights of stairs. 

If anyone wants to make a basement or garage gym it can become a sickness as you keep adding stuff to make it more like a commercial gym. My advice for what it's worth is to keep it simple. You don't need a lot to body build even though it sure is nice to have the squat racks, leg press, standing calf, seated and a glute machine on leg day. Using a minimalist approach you wouldn't be lacking for anything with a barbell, squat rack and a bench. Maybe add a chin bar. Another minimalist approach is adjustable dumbbells like power blocks or Iron Master dumbbells.  Add their bench with a few attachments and you got gold to work out with.  You don't need much.  Reminds me when I was about 12 and only had two lady dumbbells.  I told my older brother they were too light. He said, "Did you try 50 or 75 reps?  Tell me then they are too light after that."

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
« Reply #1977 on: November 29, 2021, 06:39:56 AM »
I moved a couple times with pro movers and they moved all my equipment which was a couple thousand pounds of stuff.
Employer paid for the move so it didn't cost me anything.  That must have jacked up the bill considerably.

Getting stuff in and out of my basement requires disassembly.

My neighbor gave me a treadmill and we used a handtruck to cart it down the street to my house.  To get it into the basement I took it apart to get down the stairs.  Those things are heavy.

Enjoy the new equipment!

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1978 on: November 29, 2021, 09:48:33 AM »
I moved a couple times with pro movers and they moved all my equipment which was a couple thousand pounds of stuff.
Employer paid for the move so it didn't cost me anything.  That must have jacked up the bill considerably.

Getting stuff in and out of my basement requires disassembly.

My neighbor gave me a treadmill and we used a handtruck to cart it down the street to my house.  To get it into the basement I took it apart to get down the stairs.  Those things are heavy.

Enjoy the new equipment!

Thanks

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1979 on: November 29, 2021, 09:57:39 AM »
No warm up sets show

Dumbbell delt press 2x8
Dumbbell delt lateral 2x12
Dumbbell rear delt lateral 2x10
Face pulls 2x12
Barbell shrugs 2x10

Skull crushers 2x12
Tricep cable push downs 2x 10
Reverse grip single arm tricep pulley extension 2x 12

Alternate dumbbell curls 2x8
Drag barbell curls 2x12
Concentration curls 2x12

Wrist curls 2x 25
Wrist extensions 2x 15

Weighted crunches1x 60
Pulley crunches 1x 40

Did this workout early before work.  Beginning to think I should lighten the weight and train for higher reps. I eliminated skull crushers because they hurt my elbow. I used a lighter weight and increased the reps from 8 to 12. My elbow was fine.  I also tweaked the way I did it. Tried to keep the elbows back.

On another note I saw on Jay Cutler’s YouTube page video of him training with the four time strongest man.  He really makes Jay look small. They trained arms in the 60 minute video.  No doubt the strong man was taking it easy.  I found it funny how Jay felt the need to explain to him why he does stuff.  Midway in the hour video the strongman talks about range of motion and lifting. I think his name is Brian Shaw.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1980 on: November 29, 2021, 03:44:00 PM »
Got the Titan kick back machine assembled today. Like all Chinese made exercise equipment it was a headache with missing hardware to assemble it. I opened the box and washers/bolts were all over the place. No doubt assembly hardware escaped through a 8" slit in the box. Took me four hours to get it together. I had to go to my personal box of bolts and nuts to find missing items that didn't come with the machine. I'm still short 6 washers. I have to make a trip to the hardware store for that. 

I got it together and did some sets. It's a non lifting day for me so I didn't go all out. The foot pad had two selections. I found the bottom one will be the one I use.  The top felt awkward.  The machine is made with thick metal and seem very sturdy for a home machine. One thing that I'm wary of is the the single bolt that keep the foot plate from spinning. I can see wear happening on that so I have to keep an eye on it.

My initial impression is that it's not as good as the commercial kick back machine I used in the gym.  All the angles and the foot plate  of the commercial one was just made to perfection.  Don't get me wrong I think I will have great workouts on the Titan plate loaded version but it can't compare.  I wish I could tweak the design. I wouldn't use a V foot plate. It would be flat with a little play in it's spinning range so it would naturally find the perfect position as I performed a rep. I will know more as I use the Titan one in future workouts. I only did three sets. I'm impressed with the thickness of the metal. Seems sturdy.  Time will tell if that single bolt to stop rotation of the footplate lasts. 

I felt the machine hits the thighs and especially the butt hard.  No pancake ass for me as I age, lol.  Told my wife if I drop dead she is in serious trouble with all the  weight lifting crap I have in the basement. Maybe she can sell it with the house? When I moved from my first house to my present house I told the movers ahead of time about the weight lifting stuff. The guy said, I'll move your furniture but that stuff is out of the question.  I did it on my own and I rented a truck. Now I have more stuff than I did back then. My one treadmill weighs 275lbs and there is just no hand holds to pick it up and go up the stairs. I got it in the basement with three guys and my son in law who is as strong as a house and weighs over 300lbs.  We had trouble going down the two flights of stairs. 

If anyone wants to make a basement or garage gym it can become a sickness as you keep adding stuff to make it more like a commercial gym. My advice for what it's worth is to keep it simple. You don't need a lot to body build even though it sure is nice to have the squat racks, leg press, standing calf, seated and a glute machine on leg day. Using a minimalist approach you wouldn't be lacking for anything with a barbell, squat rack and a bench. Maybe add a chin bar. Another minimalist approach is adjustable dumbbells like power blocks or Iron Master dumbbells.  Add their bench with a few attachments and you got gold to work out with.  You don't need much.  Reminds me when I was about 12 and only had two lady dumbbells.  I told my older brother they were too light. He said, "Did you try 50 or 75 reps?  Tell me then they are too light after that."

It's different than the kickback machine at the gym I go to, primarily because on it one's torso is lower to the ground so they are kicking back against gravity. Also it has a weight stack and cables.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1981 on: December 01, 2021, 02:14:26 PM »
Ran a junk mile and a quarter.  Came back home wheezing like an old man.  I think the combination of the cold and leaves all over the place got to me.  Tomorrow's another day.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1982 on: December 01, 2021, 04:06:14 PM »
Ran a junk mile and a quarter.  Came back home wheezing like an old man.  I think the combination of the cold and leaves all over the place got to me.  Tomorrow's another day.

Even though we live on opposite sides of the country, there's something going on here too. We're having unusually mild weather. Every so often, sometimes everyday, I get a raspy throat which I keep having to clear of mucus. It's not a cold, the flu or COVID because I don't feel at all sick. It is likely something in the air to which I am allergic. It is definitely annoying though.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1983 on: December 02, 2021, 11:11:11 AM »
Chest and bicep day. No warm up sets listed. Just work set.

Dumbbell bench press 1 x 8 (slow negatives and moderate speed positives)
Decline dumbbell press 1 x 10 (made the moderate weight heavy with a full range of motion and slow negatives)
Dumbbell flat pec flies 1 x 15
Push ups 1 x max (done almost right after flies makes it pre exhaust type super set)

EZ curl 1 x 16
Alternate dumbbell curl 1 x 10
Barbell drag curl 1 x 15
Concentration curl 1 x 13

Wrist curl 1 x 30
Wrist extension 1 x 20

Incline sit up 1 x 27
Pulley crunches 1 x 40

I was going to do a little cardio but I feel shot. 

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1984 on: December 03, 2021, 11:51:58 AM »
Leg day: No warm up sets listed.

Leg press 1 x 12 four plates a side with two tens
Squats 1 x 9  205lbs then 1 x 1 225lbs (still getting use to barbell squats after dropping them out of my training for well over a year. I will up the weight significantly every work out. Now I'm just getting into the groove and making the weight heavy by going slow on the negative and relatively deep)
Glute kick back machine 1 x 12  110lbs
leg extensions 1 x 24 ( I won't list the weight. In the commercial gym with a selectorized rack I used 150lbs. My home unit 85lbs is heavy)
seated leg curls 1 x 15

Hanging leg raise 1 x 25 (fairly straight legs tried to curl the hips in at the end of the rep.)
Hip ups 1 x 32 (On back with feet toward ceiling. Raise the hips as high as I can off the floor)

Standing calf raise 1 x 21
Seated calf raise 1 x 20
Tib work 1 x 20

four way neck machine 1 x 25 reps per side.

Took a shower and headed to get my covid booster. My daughter was bugging me to do it.  Last time I had the shot I was sick for four days. Hopefully it won't happen again being a half dose. My wife got the booster and had chills for one night the day after.  My daughter said young people have the worst reaction because their immune system is so strong. She said so many elderly people never have any reactions.  She told me it was good I had a fever and swollen lymph nodes because my body was gearing up it's defenses.  Now if I have the real thing my body knows how to fight it and it's armed and ready to go. 

Regarding the kick back machine it's a good one. Like so many extras I have in the gym I'm glad I got it but it's just an unnecessary extra toy in the arsenal.  Really hits the glutes hard.  It hits the legs hard too.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1985 on: December 05, 2021, 01:41:27 PM »
Back day: No warm ups listed.

Power cleans 4 x 3 Heaviest set was 170lbs. Not setting the world on fire at this age. I just hope I get stronger. In earlier years with my fitness routines my usual top set was 230lbs years ago in my late 40's and early 50. No I'm not the power clean king, lol. I doubt I can do that now especially since I do more of a fitness routine with running. Haven't done power cleans in a long time. Power cleans are a fun exercise for me. Fun to do something athletic with weights.

M.A.G bar supinate pulldown 1 x 11 (up right back. No lean back and heave.)
Seated cable row 1 x 14
Dumbbell lat row off a bench 1 x 12
M.A.G. narrow grip supinate pulldown 1 x 12

Weighted lower back hyper extension 1 x 20
Ab wheel roll out 1 x 27
Pulley crunches 1 x 60

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1986 on: December 05, 2021, 05:00:30 PM »
Back day: No warm ups listed.

Power cleans 4 x 3 Heaviest set was 170lbs. Not setting the world on fire at this age. I just hope I get stronger. In earlier years with my fitness routines my usual top set was 230lbs years ago in my late 40's and early 50. No I'm not the power clean king, lol. I doubt I can do that now especially since I do more of a fitness routine with running. Haven't done power cleans in a long time. Power cleans are a fun exercise for me. Fun to do something athletic with weights.

M.A.G bar supinate pulldown 1 x 11 (up right back. No lean back and heave.)
Seated cable row 1 x 14
Dumbbell lat row off a bench 1 x 12
M.A.G. narrow grip supinate pulldown 1 x 12

Weighted lower back hyper extension 1 x 20
Ab wheel roll out 1 x 27
Pulley crunches 1 x 60

It is good that you are feeling better.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1987 on: December 05, 2021, 05:50:25 PM »
It is good that you are feeling better.

The shot reaction only lasted two days.  Short lived and it wasn't even close to how I felt the second shot. Felt a little out of it today but nothing major. I'm glad I got the third shot.  I listen to my daughters concerning health care. I really didn't want it buy my one daughter bugged me for two weeks to get it. Thanks for the kind words. My breathing problems running is just allergy and cold related.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1988 on: December 06, 2021, 04:30:10 AM »
Are you required to get the booster for your job?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1989 on: December 06, 2021, 02:23:40 PM »
The shot reaction only lasted two days.  Short lived and it wasn't even close to how I felt the second shot. Felt a little out of it today but nothing major. I'm glad I got the third shot.  I listen to my daughters concerning health care. I really didn't want it buy my one daughter bugged me for two weeks to get it. Thanks for the kind words. My breathing problems running is just allergy and cold related.

From what you say, it seems you and I have similar issues with breathing and allergies. For a few years I had allergy shots on a regular weekly basis. I still had allergies. The frequency of the shots was supposed to taper off to once a month. This never happened. I concluded the whole business was a bit of a scam at the expense of my medical insurance. Kind of like going to some Chiropractors who set you up to come in for an adjustment once or twice a week indefinitely. An OD does an adjustment
once and you're good to go until your back or whatever is out again.

I'm obviously not a doctor, but it seems to me running is beneficial to folks with breathing issues because it forces us to take in more oxygen than we normally would, thus keeping our lungs functioning at a higher level. I miss dancing. When I was young  I could really get a good workout dancing which was infinitely more fun than simply running. I even tried jazz aerobics a few times....talk about a great cardio routine.   

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1990 on: December 06, 2021, 04:26:15 PM »
Are you required to get the booster for your job?

No, my job actually has no dictate that I know about. None of my supervisors even contact me. They really forget about me. Sometimes I wonder if they know I work for them. The last time I saw any of my bosses was 6 plus months ago.  He dropped by to check out the four girls in my office.  The checks keep coming in. The interview for this government job I got dressed in a suit.  The guy that was supposed to interview me said I see your background and your hired. No other conversation. Then he fingerprinted me and I went home.  It's an odd job but I like it.  I wonder if they watch me at work on the many security cameras?  They just leave me alone so it's a nice part time gig.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1991 on: December 06, 2021, 04:38:23 PM »
Delt and triceps day: No warm ups shown. Maxing the reps till I can't do anymore.

Military press (I warmed up then began the first rep of the work set. My delt said no way and I put the barbell down)
Dumbbell press 2 x 11 then 10 reps (For some reason when my rotator cuff acts up I can still do this one)
Dumbbell delt lateral raise 1 x 17
Dumbbell rear delt lateral raise 1 x 14
Dumbbell front delt raise 1 x 10
Face pulls 1 x17
Barbell shrugs 1 x 14

Weighted dips 1 x 15
Skull crunches 1 x 13 (These are normally a killer for my elbow.  Using higher reps and different style has made a difference. Instead of lowering it to my face I now lower it to behind my head. For some reason it's not grinding my elbow)
Traditional push downs 1 x 12
Single arm reverse grip tricep pulley extensions 1 x 13

Weighted crunches 1 x 60
Pulley crunches 1 x 40

Tomorrow I will try to run on the treadmill before work. Last time I tried that I turned the treadmill on half asleep and I turned it off. Going to try walking for something like 3/4 of a mile then doing a very slow mile so hopefully I will be fully awake by then and I can run.  Hope the plan works.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1992 on: December 08, 2021, 09:40:53 AM »
Ran 2.5 miles. Damn am I out of cardio shape. Walked 3/4 of mile after. Hit the heavy bag for two rounds. I got new boxing gloves. Had my old ones for 20 plus years. They started to disintegrate.

I ran track in high school and college. I remember when I got out of high school I was a little lost and I spent so many days going to clubs drinking getting home 4AM. I started college after a year of being lost so to speak. One course I took was on fitness and exercise physiology. The woman teaching the course said she will take the class out for a two mile run every day so be prepared. I thought I would wipe the floor with her but my soft club drinking body said different. The first run she dropped me. I was shocked I couldn't keep up. Every day her class met her for run. Long story short the second week I easily dropped her as my young body quickly got into shape.

It taught me a lesson that even though I was young I could still get out of shape. Soon after the college track coach who knew me from high school invited me on the track team. Then I regained some serious conditioning quick. After training with the track team for a few weeks I probably could have run backwards and beaten that professor, lol.

Running on the treadmill today at a slow speed hurting like hell reminded me of the first few runs with her. I'm a hell of lot older now but I know if I stick with it I should regain some cardio fitness. If not I'm seeing a cardiologist to see if there is a blockage.  Damn I ran slow today and it hurt bad. 

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1993 on: December 08, 2021, 10:16:25 AM »
Ran 2.5 miles. Damn am I out of cardio shape. Walked 3/4 of mile after. Hit the heavy bag for two rounds. I got new boxing gloves. Had my old ones for 20 plus years. They started to disintegrate.

I ran track in high school and college. I remember when I got out of high school I was a little lost and I spent so many days going to clubs drinking getting home 4AM. I started college after a year of being lost so to speak. One course I took was on fitness and exercise physiology. The woman teaching the course said she will take the class out for a two mile run every day so be prepared. I thought I would wipe the floor with her but my soft club drinking body said different. The first run she dropped me. I was shocked I couldn't keep up. Every day her class met her for run. Long story short the second week I easily dropped her as my young body quickly got into shape.

It taught me a lesson that even though I was young I could still get out of shape. Soon after the college track coach who knew me from high school invited me on the track team. Then I regained some serious conditioning quick. After training with the track team for a few weeks I probably could have run backwards and beaten that professor, lol.

Running on the treadmill today at a slow speed hurting like hell reminded me of the first few runs with her. I'm a hell of lot older now but I know if I stick with it I should regain some cardio fitness. If not I'm seeing a cardiologist to see if there is a blockage.  Damn I ran slow today and it hurt bad. 

In the book "Keys To Progress" by John McCallum, the author describes a progressive running routine which makes a lot of sense.

He said go out to a 1/4 mile high school/college track.  The first week you run 1/4 of a lap and walk 3/4 of a lap once around.
The next week you run 1/2 and walk 1/2 around.
Third week you run 3/4 and walk 1/4 around.
4th week you run all the way around once.
5th week you run 1 1/4.

You get the idea.  Keep progressing gradually. 
Can be adapted to one's own fitness level.

Someone in better shape could run farther starting out but the idea is to start light and progress slowly.

Makes sense. 

Typical weekend warrior over 40 goes out to play in his slow-pitch softball game on Saturday after sitting at his desk all week and injures himself.

I know as for myself I have to temper my own enthusiasm when lifting in order not to get ahead of myself so I don't get injured.  Just makes sense.  Staying injury free is #1 so we can make consistent progress in lifting, etc.

We are not in Kansas anymore being 60+ years old.  The journey is what is important. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #1994 on: December 08, 2021, 11:03:40 AM »
In the book "Keys To Progress" by John McCallum, the author describes a progressive running routine which makes a lot of sense.

He said go out to a 1/4 mile high school/college track.  The first day week you walk run 1/4 and walk 3/4 once around.
5th week you run 1 1/4.

Someone in better shape could run farther starting out but the idea is to start light and progress slowly.

Makes sense. 

Typical weekend warrior over 40 goes out to play in his slow-pitch softball game on Saturday after sitting at his desk all week and injures himself.

I know as for myself I have to temper my own enthusiasm when lifting in order not to get ahead of myself so I don't get injured.  Just makes sense.  Staying injury free is #1 so we can make consistent progress in lifting, etc.

We are not in Kansas anymore being 60+ years old.  The journey is what is important. 

There is a lot of wisdom in what you write. Even on days when we feel like there is no progress, we need to congratulate ourselves because we showed up and did something instead of giving up and doing nothing.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1995 on: December 08, 2021, 07:00:04 PM »

He said go out to a 1/4 mile high school/college track.  The first week you run 1/4 of a lap and walk 3/4 of a lap once around.
5th week you run 1 1/4.

Makes sense. 

I'm doing a version of that of my own creation.  I never read that book. I should get it.  I just ordered a book that seemed right up my alley. Supposedly several training routines that Steve Reeves did. I know the routine he used for the Universe. This supposed to have many of his routines. I wish I knew if it was accurate and truthful. I have my suspicions. I thought everything about him training wise was revealed in his books written by him. The book was praised by Bill Pearl so I have to give the author the benefit of the doubt. When I get it I will do a mini review here.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1996 on: December 09, 2021, 03:58:29 AM »
I'm doing a version of that of my own creation.  I never read that book. I should get it.  I just ordered a book that seemed right up my alley. Supposedly several training routines that Steve Reeves did. I know the routine he used for the Universe. This supposed to have many of his routines. I wish I knew if it was accurate and truthful. I have my suspicions. I thought everything about him training wise was revealed in his books written by him. The book was praised by Bill Pearl so I have to give the author the benefit of the doubt. When I get it I will do a mini review here.

I would like to hear your review of the Reeves book.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1997 on: December 09, 2021, 05:41:18 AM »
This is the book. I haven't gotten it yet.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1998 on: December 09, 2021, 10:28:53 AM »
Ran two consecutive miles at a moderate speed. Then 2 x 440 yards picking up the pace.  Finished with 1 x 220 yards. Just added the three intervals to remind my body of what fast running is. If you run slow all the time it takes the spring out of your legs and you become a slug runner. Added 1 and quarter miles of fast walking split between warm up, cool down and breaks with intervals. Going to finish this week I think with just cardio.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1999 on: December 13, 2021, 05:33:48 PM »
I've been neglected this training journal. Trained back and chest today in the early morning hours. I started an APP called "Lose It" and while it's very easy to use I find it a hassle. I know what needs to be done. I don't need a food log.

On another topic I've often thought about how training effects the mind. I could write a lot about the two different changes in mood that happens with lifting and running. After lifting I feel confident and it feels like a testosterone boost. Sometimes if I string too many weeks of training to exhaustion mentally I start feeling like hell mentally.

Running can make me feel like I had too many cups of coffee. I can feel energized after but many times I crash hours after. Is it exhaustion due to my age?  I don't know. Hope to get a hard cardio session in tomorrow morning. Much has been written about the phycological affects of cardio.  The vast majority is positive.  I wish more was written on lifting and the mind. Pearl has written that training too much to exhaustion leads to dreading your workout and missed workouts.  Danny Padilla said when he was training with HIT for a period he described a fear of training calling it scary. Olympic lifters and Power lifters rarely train to failure. They cycle their training and they do it failure at the end of some cycles but it's not an every day training goal. 

I think once I get this thing fully figured out I will be too old to lift hard, LOL.