Author Topic: Spineless  (Read 5203 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Spineless
« on: July 26, 2017, 07:03:42 PM »
"The straight repeal was essentially identical to the one that the GOP-controlled Congress sent in 2015 to then-President Barack Obama, who immediately vetoed the bill."

What the heck?  Bunch of spineless politicians.  They suck.

ObamaCare 'straight repeal' fails on Senate vote

Published July 26, 2017
Fox News

A conservative-backed plan to repeal the bulk of ObamaCare and give lawmakers a two-year window to replace the struggling health law failed on a Senate vote Wednesday, in the latest setback for the repeal push.

The vote was 55-45 against the amendment, with seven Republicans opposing. The chamber’s 46 Democrats and two independent senators all voted against the measure.

The so-called “straight repeal” amendment, offered by Kentucky GOP Sen. Rand Paul, would have given senators two years to come up with a replacement. The measure failed on the heels of another sweeping ObamaCare overhaul amendment stalling overnight.

The votes highlight the difficulty Republican senators are having trying to hammer out an actual replacement plan, even after advancing a core bill to debate in a dramatic vote on Tuesday.

The straight repeal was essentially identical to the one that the GOP-controlled Congress sent in 2015 to then-President Barack Obama, who immediately vetoed the bill.

Senate Republicans drafted their first repeal measure of this session several months ago. But Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell at first was unable to get enough support to even hold a vote.

However, McConnell on Tuesday managed to garner enough backing to open debate for this bill, with the expectation that lawmakers would be able to vote on a slew of amendments. The successful test vote was helped in no small part by the dramatic arrival of Sen. John McCain, who voted to start debate upon returning to Capitol Hill for the first time since being diagnosed last week with brain cancer.

The amendment process, though, has been rocky.

Senators on Tuesday night blocked a wide-ranging proposal by Republicans to repeal much of ObamaCare and replace it with a more restrictive plan.

In Wednesday's vote, Republican Sens. Susan Collins of Maine; Shelley Moore Capito of West Virginia; John McCain of Arizona; Rob Portman of Ohio; Lamar Alexander of Tennessee; Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Dean Heller of Nevada voted in opposition.

With members divided, Republicans may now move to attempt to pass what’s being referred to as “skinny” repeal. That plan repeals just a few elements of ObamaCare, like the individual and employer mandate and the taxes on medical device makers.

During a rally in Ohio on Tuesday night, President Trump issued a warning to Republicans who were on the fence about repealing ObamaCare.

“Any senator who votes against repeal and replace is telling America that they are fine with the ObamaCare nightmare, and I predict they’ll have a lot of problems,” the president said.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07/26/obamacare-straight-repeal-fails-on-senate-vote.html

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Spineless
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 07:07:35 PM »
Yep.

Republicans = Progressive Dem

Liberals = Marixists

Vote Conservative

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 04:51:58 AM »
This is getting out of hand. I knew this shit would happen.

Republican'ts
a

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 06:42:56 AM »
Hate to be too negative but America doesn't seem like it will return to a path of liberty, etc. I don't see how this stuff can get reversed at this point. I am unsure that there are enough conservative voters to get out those who are doing this. And Trump is twisting some "conservatives" minds by attacking those with morals and letting those like MCConnell, Ryan, Colins, etc. off the hook essentially.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 08:44:38 AM »
Yep.

Republicans = Progressive Dem

Liberals = Marixists

Vote Conservative

I hate the GOP

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 01:15:24 PM »
I think I mentioned this a few days ago.

There is no way that they are doing a base repeal of Obamacare and going back to the way things were.

You will have "Medicare for All". A position I said everyone should be able to opt into back in 2008 before you see Obamacare repealed completely.

Welcome to the way of the world now.

This is very similar historically to how social security was received 100 years ago. The "idea" of a national healthcare system is not going anywhere.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 03:20:20 PM »
I think I mentioned this a few days ago.

There is no way that they are doing a base repeal of Obamacare and going back to the way things were.

You will have "Medicare for All". A position I said everyone should be able to opt into back in 2008 before you see Obamacare repealed completely.

Welcome to the way of the world now.

This is very similar historically to how social security was received 100 years ago. The "idea" of a national healthcare system is not going anywhere.

You might be right.  Once we create an entitlement it pretty much never goes away.  I think that's why Obama didn't care if he rammed through a partisan crappy bill, because he knew it would be darn near impossible to get it repealed. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 03:31:57 PM »
You might be right.  Once we create an entitlement it pretty much never goes away.  I think that's why Obama didn't care if he rammed through a partisan crappy bill, because he knew it would be darn near impossible to get it repealed.  

Exactly. You might be able to change some things, or modify them, but they don't leave.

It even goes into other areas of Government. I don't know how many times a couple of years ago that the shutdown was being threatened that Government employees were bitching because they wouldn't get paid.

I said, cry me a river, and their response was, "I took a government job because it was a guaranteed paycheck."

Nothing should be a guaranteed paycheck. A bit long-winded (typed?), but you get the point I'm making.

It's not going anywhere. The "thought" that 20 million people are kicked off of insurance in any way is going to be met with a real disdain. Or rather, that will be the impression given politically.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 03:53:33 PM »
Exactly. You might be able to change some things, or modify them, but they don't leave.

It even goes into other areas of Government. I don't know how many times a couple of years ago that the shutdown was being threatened that Government employees were bitching because they wouldn't get paid.

I said, cry me a river, and their response was, "I took a government job because it was a guaranteed paycheck."

Nothing should be a guaranteed paycheck. A bit long-winded (typed?), but you get the point I'm making.

It's not going anywhere. The "thought" that 20 million people are kicked off of insurance in any way is going to be met with a real disdain. Or rather, that will be the impression given politically.

Some unfortunate truth.   :-\

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2017, 02:22:27 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it.  Bunch of paycheck collecting wusses. 

Senate Republicans near votes to replace Obamacare with state block grants
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/17/obamacare-replacement-with-state-block-grants-rall/

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2017, 05:41:26 PM »
I'll believe it when I see it.  Bunch of paycheck collecting wusses. 

Senate Republicans near votes to replace Obamacare with state block grants
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/17/obamacare-replacement-with-state-block-grants-rall/

Correctamundo.

I don't believe it will happen for a second.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2017, 05:51:34 AM »
Correctamundo.

I don't believe it will happen for a second.

Obamacare needs to be repealed.   I just had another plan cancelled.   That ghetto fag drug abusing communist pos shackeled us w this mess and it sucks. 

Obama - worst ahole pos ever in my lifetime. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2017, 08:50:44 AM »
Obamacare needs to be repealed.   I just had another plan cancelled.   That ghetto fag drug abusing communist pos shackeled us w this mess and it sucks. 

Obama - worst ahole pos ever in my lifetime. 

You're gonna be disappointed. Sorry man. It's not going anywhere unless they jus they everyone buy into Medicare.

Something I've been saying will happen for about 3 or 4 years now. Maybe longer.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 12:14:27 PM »
You're gonna be disappointed. Sorry man. It's not going anywhere unless they jus they everyone buy into Medicare.

Something I've been saying will happen for about 3 or 4 years now. Maybe longer.

Looks like you were right.

McCain comes out against ObamaCare overhaul, dealing blow to GOP’s repeal hopes

Fox News

Mike Emanuel reports that Senator Susan Collins is also leaning against voting for the bill

Sen. John McCain announced his opposition Friday to Republican colleagues’ last-ditch ObamaCare overhaul bill, dealing a major blow to GOP leaders’ push to pass repeal legislation under President Trump.

“I cannot in good conscience vote for the Graham-Cassidy proposal,” the Arizona Republican senator said in a statement, using the bill’s nickname.

McCain – who helped kill the so-called “skinny repeal” back in July – once again was considered a key vote on the current bill, as one of just three wavering GOP senators.

His opposition could effectively doom the bill, which Senate leaders were hoping to bring to the floor next week ahead of a looming deadline. If Republicans cannot pass a bill in this window, it could also mark the end, for the foreseeable future, of the party’s broader efforts to roll back former President Barack Obama’s signature health care law.

WHAT IS GRAHAM-CASSIDY?

McCain announced his decision in a lengthy written statement, effectively saying the bill from Republican Sens. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina and Bill Cassidy of Louisiana was being rushed.

“I would consider supporting legislation similar to that offered by my friends Senators Graham and Cassidy were it the product of extensive hearings, debate and amendment. But that has not been the case,” he said.

“We should not be content to pass health care legislation on a party-line basis, as Democrats did when they rammed Obamacare through Congress in 2009. … I cannot in good conscience vote for the Graham-Cassidy proposal.”

With his statement, McCain joins Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky., who before Friday was the only Republican who had come out firmly against the bill, arguing it doesn’t do enough to roll back ObamaCare.

Senate Republicans hold 52 seats, so McCain’s opposition does not outright kill the legislation.

But the push is precariously close to collapsing. The position of two other Republican senators, Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska, is not yet firm – but Collins said Friday she’s leaning against the bill.

Unless both senators come out in support of the plan – or Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., can pluck off a Democratic vote or two – Republicans will not have the votes in the Senate.

Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., praised McCain on Friday.

“John McCain shows the same courage in Congress that he showed when he was a naval aviator. I have assured Senator McCain that as soon as repeal is off the table, we Democrats are intent on resuming the bipartisan process,” he said in a statement.

Trump, meanwhile, has fought hard to rally support for the Graham-Cassidy bill, tweeting a warning to Republican foes on Friday morning that the fate of the Affordable Care Act is in their hands.

“Rand Paul, or whoever votes against Hcare Bill, will forever (future political campaigns) be known as ‘the Republican who saved ObamaCare,’” Trump tweeted. 

The reason Republicans were moving quickly to pass the bill is because they face a Sept. 30 deadline, after which special rules that prevent a Democratic filibuster will expire.

Democrats are unanimously opposed.

The Graham-Cassidy bill would repeal major pillars of former President Barack Obama's law, replacing them with block grants to states to design their own programs. Major medical groups are opposed, saying millions would lose insurance coverage and protections.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/22/mccain-comes-out-against-obamacare-overhaul-dealing-blow-to-gop-s-repeal-hopes.html

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2017, 01:00:33 PM »
F McCain - worthless pos

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 01:49:25 PM »
Shameful.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 05:38:41 PM »
Never liked McCain, but my opinion is starting to change. :-*

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 05:45:29 PM »
My FB post today...

"I see Bernie Sanders is back on his destroy America tour and John McCain is just as liberal and a turncoat as ever voting down the new healthcare proposal. Just another note about John McCain he would turn down any healthcare bill no matter how good it was just to spite Trump"

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2017, 10:05:38 AM »
F McCain - worthless pos

I dunno. I'm not for or against because my healthcare has stayed relatively the same. I'm one of the lucky ones.

That said. I can see both sides. It's a complex issue.

The bottom line is, in my opinion, not political. The reality is that healthcare shouldn't be a profit center. So how do you get the profit out of healthcare?

That I don't know.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 02:10:29 PM »
these republicans that are against Trump need to be made public during their re-election.... we all knew repubs hated Trump from the start. they didnt even want to nominate him after he won the Republican primaries.. they told him to stop and let another candidate to take over when the fake polls came out about him and Hillary
real men= no rubbers

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2017, 02:48:42 PM »
McCain is a liberal shill. No matter how good a health care proposal would be, McCain would vote against it just to spite Trump. He can give two shits about this country.

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2017, 04:23:43 PM »
My FB post today...

"I see Bernie Sanders is back on his destroy America tour and John McCain is just as liberal and a turncoat as ever voting down the new healthcare proposal. Just another note about John McCain he would turn down any healthcare bill no matter how good it was just to spite Trump"
thanks for sharing snowflake

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2017, 09:38:13 PM »
I dunno. I'm not for or against because my healthcare has stayed relatively the same. I'm one of the lucky ones.

That said. I can see both sides. It's a complex issue.

The bottom line is, in my opinion, not political. The reality is that healthcare shouldn't be a profit center. So how do you get the profit out of healthcare?

That I don't know.

The only issue is political. It's not about health care. It's about money. One of the largest pools of money in the entire economy being earmarked for special interests as the baby boomers wreck all the prior metrics for cost. Both sides are paid for by pharma and insurance, which is why they both want the same thing.

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2017, 11:03:02 PM »

The only issue is political. It's not about health care. It's about money. One of the largest pools of money in the entire economy being earmarked for special interests as the baby boomers wreck all the prior metrics for cost. Both sides are paid for by pharma and insurance, which is why they both want the same thing.

As I said. He healthcare shouldn't be a profit center.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2018, 05:08:37 PM »
2018 budget passed by Republican controlled Congress signed by Republican president:

- Didn't withhold federal funds to sanctuary cities.

- Didn't stop federal funding for Planned Parenthood.

- Failed to deal with runaway spending. 

Toothless, spineless politicians who need to be sent home.