Author Topic: NFL Bans Kneeling  (Read 3624 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: NFL Bans Kneeling
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2018, 02:22:28 AM »
GTFOH!  That's like nurses going in the restrooms at hospitals and venting about pay vs. going on strike.  Fucking kneeling in your locker to a blank wall is more impactful.  GTFOH!    

Meltdown.
X

SuperTed

• Getbig V
  • Rebirth
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 02:46:43 AM »
Why do people care so much about this issue? ???

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2018, 05:02:09 AM »

Seems you have a mental block about Trump. He has a knack for, even being a billionaire...coming down on the side of the average American. He understands his base and the value of a majority of public opinion.

So...as the news was making fun of him for calling them kneeling sons of bitches, calling him racist etc......he won in the end.

I'm fine with them protesting in the locker room but it isn't their fault that they do it there or on the field....it was the owner's fault from the beginning. You get paid millions of dollars there are rules and that shitshow that they put on was not part of the money making machine that is the NFL. Should have never happened.

kind of a petty thing for the president of the united states to be involved in... as usual he grandstands on something that should be a non issue..... players were protesting the treatment of blacks being mistreated by law enforcement . but trump made it about disrespecting the flag and country..but one thing for sure he is winning... :D

F

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2018, 06:58:10 AM »
As far as Jets Chairman Christopher Johnson is concerned, though, his players can essentially do whatever their consciences tell them without any “repercussions” from his team. If the league wants to impose fines, Johnson said, he’ll pay them himself, all the better to support players who are “on the front lines” of “some big, complicated issues that we’re all struggling with.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/05/24/jets-chairman-no-repercussions-for-my-players-if-they-protest-during-anthem/

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2018, 07:40:22 AM »
I have always felt the owners should do whatever they want about this issue (freedom of speech does not apply within a private employer/employee setting). But does this really solve anything? Won’t the fans who care a lot about this issue be just as upset at players who stay in the locker room and then run out on to the field right after the anthem is over with. Or will the owners ask for a commercial TV break so those players can SNEAK out on to the field? Seems like cosmetics more than anything.

residue

• Getbig V
  • Adonis 3:16
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2018, 07:51:37 AM »
I have always felt the owners should do whatever they want about this issue (freedom of speech does not apply within a private employer/employee setting). But does this really solve anything? Won’t the fans who care a lot about this issue be just as upset at players who stay in the locker room and then run out on to the field right after the anthem is over with. Or will the owners ask for a commercial TV break so those players can SNEAK out on to the field? Seems like cosmetics more than anything.
that's how it always way, prior to 2009 players where in the locker room for the evening games during the national anthem, they snuck onto the field during commercial breaks

mphgrove

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2018, 08:18:13 AM »
that's how it always way, prior to 2009 players where in the locker room for the evening games during the national anthem, they snuck onto the field during commercial breaks

I am sure there are certain fans who will “take attendance.” And I guess those protesting will appreciate attendance being taken because they are now less visible. Oh well.

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2018, 09:37:45 AM »
Woody Johnson's brother (who is running the day-to-day operations for the NY Jets since Woody is in London as an ambassador for the Trump administration) broke ranks in a way by first voting 'yay' for this and then making a statement that he will pay the league fine for any of his players who protest on the field, as well as no team fines for protesting. Complete pussy move IMO and the fact that the franchise is a complete and total failure is a little bit of relief for folks like myself who boycotted last year.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2018, 11:06:10 AM »
Woody Johnson's brother (who is running the day-to-day operations for the NY Jets since Woody is in London as an ambassador for the Trump administration) broke ranks in a way by first voting 'yay' for this and then making a statement that he will pay the league fine for any of his players who protest on the field, as well as no team fines for protesting. Complete pussy move IMO and the fact that the franchise is a complete and total failure is a little bit of relief for folks like myself who boycotted last year.
   how does this give you relief... if you are a true fan of the sport...who exactly does this punish... no disrespect intended but i don't get this.... what does sport have to do with politics.....of course maybe trump threw some cash into the xfl which is thinking of reforming...politics for profit once more..
F

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2018, 10:15:39 PM »
Wow, if Bodybuilding banned Kneeling, every bodybuilder would be broke and homeless!  ;D

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “No no. Down here, Louie.”
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2018, 04:11:16 AM »
Wow, if Bodybuilding banned Kneeling, every bodybuilder would be broke and homeless!  ;D

This reminds me when the moon pose was banned. The schmoes were up in arms that day

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2018, 04:16:33 AM »
Would be great if the nfl just dissolved.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2018, 05:21:23 AM »
He doesn’t understand that. He posted the link thinking lower ratings translated to lower revenues. Coach check out the teams values.
TV stations lost over $600 million on NFL last year. Lower ratings will equal lower revenue directly to the NFL eventually as they are not going to pay as much to the nfl for rights, etc.

Probably not the smartest to continue with a model that is decreasing ratings. Don't really think this is going to help, though. Should have just made them stand and got it over with.

Anyone here what moron Steve Kerr said? Criticized the NFL for this new policy and silencing players, etc. Nobody called him out that the NBA already made it mandatory to stand, etc. and no peep fro him on that.

Joe Pietaro

• Getbig III
  • Publisher, MuscleSport Magazine
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2018, 08:53:31 AM »
   how does this give you relief... if you are a true fan of the sport...who exactly does this punish... no disrespect intended but i don't get this.... what does sport have to do with politics.....of course maybe trump threw some cash into the xfl which is thinking of reforming...politics for profit once more..
The kneelers are the ones who mixed politics into this situation & President Trump had the balls to give them shit for it. The NFL tried to appease these protesters by throwing millions of dollars at 'social justice programs,' which is pretty obvious what they and who they are trying to appease.

But that wasn't good enough for the supporters of Kaepernick & Eric Reid, the two poster boys for the protest.

So the owners (31 of them with the SF owner abstaining his vote) unanimously voted for this new rule and Goodell for once showed he possesses testicles and brought this to the table.

It has to do with the bottom line - the almighty dollar. The league took a big hit last year in the pocket book and PR-wise due to this shit and they could not sustain at the level they have become used to unless making a change.

Personally, I am still on the fence if I will watch or not. This 'rule' is a good start but if many players decide to stay in the locker room or do the Black Panther raised fist, this is still going to be a huge issue and the boycotts will continue. They worked or else this rule would never have been implemented.

I am a true fan of the sport but not the NFL at this time. And the XFL is officially returning in 2020 and Trump has absolutely nothing to do with it.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2018, 09:18:49 AM »
The kneelers are the ones who mixed politics into this situation & President Trump had the balls to give them shit for it. The NFL tried to appease these protesters by throwing millions of dollars at 'social justice programs,' which is pretty obvious what they and who they are trying to appease.

But that wasn't good enough for the supporters of Kaepernick & Eric Reid, the two poster boys for the protest.

So the owners (31 of them with the SF owner abstaining his vote) unanimously voted for this new rule and Goodell for once showed he possesses testicles and brought this to the table.

It has to do with the bottom line - the almighty dollar. The league took a big hit last year in the pocket book and PR-wise due to this shit and they could not sustain at the level they have become used to unless making a change.

Personally, I am still on the fence if I will watch or not. This 'rule' is a good start but if many players decide to stay in the locker room or do the Black Panther raised fist, this is still going to be a huge issue and the boycotts will continue. They worked or else this rule would never have been implemented.

I am a true fan of the sport but not the NFL at this time. And the XFL is officially returning in 2020 and Trump has absolutely nothing to do with it.
;)
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2018, 09:24:36 AM »

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)          SURE HE DON'T        ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
F

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2018, 09:33:06 AM »
what is actually wrong with geneflecting to the national anthem?
c

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2021, 12:55:10 PM »