Author Topic: Brutally Unflexible  (Read 2773 times)

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
Re: Brutally Unflexible
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2021, 03:50:15 PM »
I’ve always thought sauna and steam room after training is a bad idea. Your body temperature is already elevated and can increase it into the danger zone for stroke. PIP Zyzz

I feel my blood pressure lowers and lungs clearer after a session. Obviously you’d want to ease yourself into it.
Smoke a bit of a j in the car before my cardio and sauna

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2021, 04:14:40 PM »
I can do that easily. Being flexible, is being able to do a split, or those contortionists that wrap limbs around their necks. Not touching toes.  ::)

Bullshit there is no way your fat ass can bend over keeping your legs straight and put your palms on the ground much less grab behind your ankles and pull yourself lower

Les Grossman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2021, 07:24:47 PM »
Im actually a natural athlete. Football, baseball, and basketball. With basketball, I can shoot and play defense. Can't dribble worth a shit, so basically, I'm not good at creating my own shot off of a dribble. I'm a set shooter.

As far as football  and baseball....I had a world class arm. That is something you are born with.

Whenever I would throw a baseball or a football, people would want me to be a pitcher or quarterback. 

I liked playing 3rd, or in the outfield. I was one of the best hitters on my team.

For football, I played both ways in high school. 

I will always regret not giving it my all, when it came to sports. I loved it, and most of it came naturally to me.

To put it plain and simple...I quit on myself.

Oh for crying out loud.

Just stop. Put the vodka bottle down and accomplish something with your life.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2021, 10:19:25 PM »
I’ve always thought that the sauna and steam room after training is a bad idea. Your body temperature is already elevated and can increase it into the danger zone for stroke. PIP Zyzz

I don't know about steam rooms but definitely hot jacuzzi are great post workout or at anytime. The heat dilates the blood vessels increasing blood flow and circulation and also relaxes and "softens" the muscle. Those cold baths are insane and will soon be proved to be worthless for recovery if not overall health. The circulation and turnover you get in your body the better, whether it's your blood, bowels, oxygen... keep thing moving and circulating. That's called being alive.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2021, 01:16:23 AM »
I'm flexible enough in body but i cant just cross over my fingers without difficulty, like years of gripping weights have made them stiff.