Author Topic: Bank of England saves UK from crash  (Read 2913 times)

Mayday

• Getbig IV
Bank of England saves UK from crash
« on: September 28, 2022, 07:56:21 PM »
And people gagging for some imagined bigger than GFC crash event are upset. I saw large supposedly crazy smart influencers say rates would have gone from 4.5% to 8% if BoE didn’t step in and now they are printing money and devaluing etc etc and how it was a stupid action…….

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
Re: Bank of England saves UK from crash
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 04:08:05 AM »
England should re-conquer India.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 04:25:56 AM »
Tory government post cameron has been a disaster. Even the meme corbyn would have been better than this.

I'm pissed off as our generation are grafting our bollocks off trying to be productive and build businesses but the economy is working against us.

Boomers were making 10-20k a year while houses were 25-50k. Now the same houses are 250-500k while the average income is around 20-30k.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 06:13:14 AM »

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2022, 07:09:40 AM »
England should re-conquer India.
Why would they want it? Just cleaning up all the shit would exhaust all of the UK's resources.

nzgs

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2022, 07:23:10 AM »
Tory government post cameron has been a disaster. Even the meme corbyn would have been better than this.

I'm pissed off as our generation are grafting our bollocks off trying to be productive and build businesses but the economy is working against us.

Boomers were making 10-20k a year while houses were 25-50k. Now the same houses are 250-500k while the average income is around 20-30k.

They're all in on it and people voting as if it makes any difference are part of the problem. If you vote it means you are giving a stamp of approval to mass immigration, cultural subversion, jewish rule, persecution of native whites, financial speculators, trannies, feminism, endless warmongering, and everything else. No Corbyn wouldn't have been any better he would have bent the knee to the jewish financiers like the rest of them.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2022, 03:54:46 PM »

Yep and their debt has been monetised 95% to date.

Here on prison island new borrowers spend 32% of household income to service mortgage debt. At the peak inflationary crisis in the late 1980s when interest rates were around 18% retail, households spent 34%. After 1 more rate hike here, we set a record of pain higher than boomers ever experienced.

The challenge ahead is large inflationary phases are just as miserable as great depressions. Take for example the market right now which has record low bear sentiment for the longest period on record. Everybody right now is 100% sure it’s going to crash from here……. ‘IF’ this is the bottom, the rip up back to all time highs is going to utterly wreck people mentally. Misery awaits.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2022, 08:55:26 AM »
Yep and their debt has been monetised 95% to date.

Here on prison island new borrowers spend 32% of household income to service mortgage debt. At the peak inflationary crisis in the late 1980s when interest rates were around 18% retail, households spent 34%. After 1 more rate hike here, we set a record of pain higher than boomers ever experienced.

The challenge ahead is large inflationary phases are just as miserable as great depressions. Take for example the market right now which has record low bear sentiment for the longest period on record. Everybody right now is 100% sure it’s going to crash from here……. ‘IF’ this is the bottom, the rip up back to all time highs is going to utterly wreck people mentally. Misery awaits.

You mean the property market?

I'm hoping it tanks lol. I've only got about 35k left on the mortgage and I doubt it'll go lower than what I brought it for in 2014. Would be the perfect time to buy a big house as current prices are a scam.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2022, 02:26:23 PM »
You mean the property market?

I'm hoping it tanks lol. I've only got about 35k left on the mortgage and I doubt it'll go lower than what I brought it for in 2014. Would be the perfect time to buy a big house as current prices are a scam.

Homeowners vote Cons. Cons will do everything they can to protect the housing market.

Anyway the Conservative game plan for the past couple of years seems to be let everything go to shit, then let it fester so people are scared shitless, then ride in last minute with a rescue package or reversal of a policy and then act like saviours.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2022, 02:33:33 PM »
England should re-conquer North America.

obsidian

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2022, 02:46:30 PM »
Russia should annex England. Then get rid of their Paki and nonwhite problem. England has used and abused people over the centuries though so I am not sure I really care about their fate. All I know is they are irrelevant compared to Russia. It's a little island. Russia could take them out with one hypersonic weapon.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2022, 02:20:06 AM »
Then we would have a Paki problem in the US.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2022, 08:29:00 AM »
UK finance minister:

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2022, 02:22:11 PM »
UK finance minister:

Doesn't really inspire confidence having an african in charge of your finances lol. At least the previous one was a pajeet with the corner shop bossman genes.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2022, 01:28:46 AM »
Doesn't really inspire confidence having an african in charge of your finances lol. At least the previous one was a pajeet with the corner shop bossman genes.
He'll bring Zimbabwe's financial structure to the UK. Everyone will be millionaires.

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2022, 03:57:43 PM »
Homeowners vote Cons. Cons will do everything they can to protect the housing market.

Anyway the Conservative game plan for the past couple of years seems to be let everything go to shit, then let it fester so people are scared shitless, then ride in last minute with a rescue package or reversal of a policy and then act like saviours.

That didn't take long.

The new plan is to make the over 50s poorer and force them back to work as far too many got too comfortable during covid and took early retirement.

delon

• Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2022, 04:03:52 PM »
UK finance minister:

Ol' Kwasi was leaking sweat from his forehead when delivering that reversal speech, he may be a true believer but what a tell that was,damn 

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2022, 01:45:55 AM »
Ol' Kwasi was leaking sweat from his forehead when delivering that reversal speech, he may be a true believer but what a tell that was,damn
The writing is on the wall. The future is going to be painful for those in the West.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2022, 02:42:26 AM »

People are going to be wrong about a huge property crash. 2020 was the start of a generational boom. Supply dropped to all time lows in 2020.

The other side to this is the largest geographical shift of our lifetime is playing out due to work from home transition.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2022, 12:33:29 PM »
People are going to be wrong about a huge property crash. 2020 was the start of a generational boom. Supply dropped to all time lows in 2020.

The other side to this is the largest geographical shift of our lifetime is playing out due to work from home transition.

City centre house prices are tumbling now the working from home trend has increased.

a_pupil

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2022, 11:33:36 AM »

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2022, 12:19:05 PM »
That didn't take long.

The new plan is to make the over 50s poorer and force them back to work as far too many got too comfortable during covid and took early retirement.

My brother in law just started day trading, tripled his money in a month and it’s very easy for him apparently.

My sister in law said she could make 50k from shares a year and it’s way easier than when she had her investment properties.

The same sister in law is involved in the military says WW3 with China next year has decided it’s a great time to build a house.

Someone has a pension linked to CPI and I said we will see double digits CPI in 2025-27 and they said it’s not a problem for them as their pension goes up by CPI…….

Some family are basically pumped about the Russia and China war.

People have zero idea what lies ahead of us. The next inflationary wave is the one where I think the message will finally hit home with people. Send prices higher, up rates to 8% and whipsaw the equity markets and I think the ‘risk free’ nature people have today will mostly be gone.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2022, 12:47:38 AM »
Stocking up on food wouldn't be a bad idea.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2022, 04:40:57 AM »
Stocking up on food ammo wouldn't be a bad idea.