Author Topic: World's Most-Crucial Fuel Heads for Shortage Touching Everything  (Read 1231 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
World's Most-Crucial Fuel Heads for Shortage Touching Everything
« on: November 22, 2022, 03:28:33 AM »
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/worlds-most-crucial-fuel-heads-050107241.html

What’s Causing the Shortage?

There are major constraints globally on refining capacity. Supplies of crude oil are already fairly tight. But the bottleneck is much more acute when it comes to turning that raw commodity into fuels like diesel and gasoline. That’s partly a function of the pandemic, after lockdowns destroyed demand and forced refiners to close some of their least profitable plants. But the looming transition away from fossil fuels has also dented investments in the sector. Since 2020, US refining capacity has shrunk by more than 1 million barrels per day. Meanwhile in Europe, shipping disruptions and worker strikes have also eaten into refinery production.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: World's Most-Crucial Fuel Heads for Shortage Touching Everything
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2022, 09:30:04 AM »
140 years ago, oil lamps were the lighting of the day . People drove horse pulled wagons and flight was something birds did.

Then Tesla and Edison came along and AC electrical systems with the electric light bulb replaced the old oil lamps .
The internal combustion engine replaced the horse drawn carriage and coast to coast flight is a common mode of travel.

I say this, to point out that EVERY technology has a run, BUT eventually gets replaced .

The transition away from fossil fuels to renewable sources of clean energy is inevitable .
As in the time of Tesla and Edison, financial concerns from the existing technology always push back .
Trust me, the lamp oil company owners feared , electrical lighting would put them out of business.

Between Tesla and Edison was the famous " war of the currents" .
Tesla's AC won out, over Edison's DC systems due to the effectiveness  of AC to light a big town .

Like that era, the world is experiencing  growing pains , over the energy transformation.
I'm confident, the bugs will eventually get worked out and we'll think of electric powered cars as normal by the 2030's .

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2022, 09:45:37 AM »
You missed the whole point of the article, Howard.

Next time read the article before commenting.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2022, 10:24:08 AM »
Howards dumb as a rock and proves it with each post.
People like him "taught kids" which is also a reason why the dumbing down of the country exists.

"2020" they note...

Seems right around the time pant-shitter shut down US energy production. And our country as an energy super-power...
Fake pandemic has nothing to do with it.

Dumb decisions by even dumber humans has everything to do with it. (Also, they created the fake pandemic).

ROBOAK

• Getbig IV
  • toughest getbigger of all time
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2022, 10:42:21 AM »
140 years ago, oil lamps were the lighting of the day . People drove horse pulled wagons and flight was something birds did.

Then Tesla and Edison came along and AC electrical systems with the electric light bulb replaced the old oil lamps .
The internal combustion engine replaced the horse drawn carriage and coast to coast flight is a common mode of travel.

I say this, to point out that EVERY technology has a run, BUT eventually gets replaced .

The transition away from fossil fuels to renewable sources of clean energy is inevitable .
As in the time of Tesla and Edison, financial concerns from the existing technology always push back .
Trust me, the lamp oil company owners feared , electrical lighting would put them out of business.

Between Tesla and Edison was the famous " war of the currents" .
Tesla's AC won out, over Edison's DC systems due to the effectiveness  of AC to light a big town .

Like that era, the world is experiencing  growing pains , over the energy transformation.
I'm confident, the bugs will eventually get worked out and we'll think of electric powered cars as normal by the 2030's .
you can't have cobalt mines with out fossil  fuel , you delusional ,fairy tail land, retard

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2022, 06:43:54 PM »

I hesitate before I  post a serious , science based reply, because I think  it will be a waste of time.
Your reply  proves it was .

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2022, 04:36:53 AM »
I hesitate before I  post a serious , science based reply, because I think  it will be a waste of time.
Your reply  proves it was .

We not be smart like you.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2022, 07:11:44 AM »
We not be smart like you.
Sorry if I came off like a pompous ass and I can understand
why I deserved that comment.

I was trying to make a historical analogy based on the development of technology. I was looking at this issue in more general terms .

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2022, 09:14:58 AM »
Sorry if I came off like a pompous ass and I can understand
why I deserved that comment.

I was trying to make a historical analogy based on the development of technology. I was looking at this issue in more general terms .

The Court of Getbig's next meeting is in February 2023 at which time your fate will be determined.

Meanwhile, the shortages of goods due to lack of ICE engine fuel will get worse until the technology of electric vehicles becomes adequate in the mid 2030's by your estimate.

Hopefully by that time the problem of over-whelming the power grid with electric vehicle demand will also be solved.  A few of those nuke plants that take 10+ years to build and come online at the cost of $billions will help.

While this is going on, please try to stay warm from the inadequate energy produced by windmills and sun.  For those in cold climates we are sorry your large array of solar panels on your roof is not up to powering electric heaters.

Also to be solved by the 2030s according to Howard is how to cope with the toxic waste from making and disposing of solar panels.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2022, 11:27:21 AM »
The Court of Getbig's next meeting is in February 2023 at which time your fate will be determined.

Meanwhile, the shortages of goods due to lack of ICE engine fuel will get worse until the technology of electric vehicles becomes adequate in the mid 2030's by your estimate.

Hopefully by that time the problem of over-whelming the power grid with electric vehicle demand will also be solved.  A few of those nuke plants that take 10+ years to build and come online at the cost of $billions will help.

While this is going on, please try to stay warm from the inadequate energy produced by windmills and sun.  For those in cold climates we are sorry your large array of solar panels on your roof is not up to powering electric heaters.

Also to be solved by the 2030s according to Howard is how to cope with the toxic waste from making and disposing of solar panels.
LOL, " the court of getbig" ... ;D good one

Rather than bore the forum with some detailed techno answer, nobody will read, let me provide a personal example.

My wife and I recently bought a hybrid vehicle instead of a 100% EV .

Despite the Biden EV tax credit and push to promote EV's, the infrastructure isn't ready now.
Plus, the battery technology doesn't allow for longer trips and charging is slow , compared to filling up w/gas.
As you rightly pointed out, battery/solar components and nuclear WASTE is a real problem .

My first job , right out of college , was working in entry level  R& D for a major oil refinery .
The main reason we've used fossil fuels is because they provide a LOT of energy at a reasonable price.
After 140 years of use, the supply is getting low and pollution concerns are real.
 So we need to GRADUALLY change to new energy sources .

We have fear mongers on both sides . The enviro-wackos, want 100% green energy " yesterday" with pending doomsday scare tactics.
The fossil fuel industry doesn't want to be put out of business.
Their side tries to downplay or ignore the global pollution/ climate impacts and ridicule any " green energy ".

Thanks for the thoughtful reply and I hope this clarified  my view pt .

In my OPINION, the hybrid vehicle is an ideal " transition" vehicle between all gas to 100% EV .

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2022, 05:26:30 AM »
Play from 5:00.

The Gov

• Getbig III
  • Syphilis infected LurkingForBoys the Loser in Life
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2022, 06:28:08 AM »

Low IQ Howards's are basally domestic terrorists.
c

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2022, 05:39:21 PM »
I've had conversations with engineers who were active in the 1950's and 60's...They all thought, with absolute seriousness, that all stationary sources of power would be nuclear fission by the early 21st  Century.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2022, 01:49:48 AM »
I've had conversations with engineers who were active in the 1950's and 60's...They all thought, with absolute seriousness, that all stationary sources of power would be nuclear fission by the early 21st  Century.
The Jetsons have us with flying cars by 2062. I don't think we are going to make it.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2022, 06:36:04 PM »
The flying cars in the Jetsons were conceived to simplify the animation (action can take place anywhere on the frame without having to "ground" the action)...Not musings of technically educated individuals on the subject of aviation.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2022, 11:11:12 AM »
Pant-Shitter shutting us down, and fake plandemic.

Basically, very stupid human libturdz created this shortage...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2022, 04:43:14 PM »
The Jetsons have us with flying cars by 2062. I don't think we are going to make it.
I watched that as a boy decades ago and figured I'd be flying around with some Astro dog in the back seat by now. :-\

What about a flux capacitor powered , time traveling Delorean ?

sync pulse

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2023, 06:39:56 PM »
I watched that as a boy decades ago and figured I'd be flying around with some Astro dog in the back seat by now. :-\

What about a flux capacitor powered , time traveling Delorean ?