Getbig Main Boards > Politics and Political Issues Board

World's Most-Crucial Fuel Heads for Shortage Touching Everything

(1/4) > >>

IroNat:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/worlds-most-crucial-fuel-heads-050107241.html

What’s Causing the Shortage?

There are major constraints globally on refining capacity. Supplies of crude oil are already fairly tight. But the bottleneck is much more acute when it comes to turning that raw commodity into fuels like diesel and gasoline. That’s partly a function of the pandemic, after lockdowns destroyed demand and forced refiners to close some of their least profitable plants. But the looming transition away from fossil fuels has also dented investments in the sector. Since 2020, US refining capacity has shrunk by more than 1 million barrels per day. Meanwhile in Europe, shipping disruptions and worker strikes have also eaten into refinery production.

Howard:
140 years ago, oil lamps were the lighting of the day . People drove horse pulled wagons and flight was something birds did.

Then Tesla and Edison came along and AC electrical systems with the electric light bulb replaced the old oil lamps .
The internal combustion engine replaced the horse drawn carriage and coast to coast flight is a common mode of travel.

I say this, to point out that EVERY technology has a run, BUT eventually gets replaced .

The transition away from fossil fuels to renewable sources of clean energy is inevitable .
As in the time of Tesla and Edison, financial concerns from the existing technology always push back .
Trust me, the lamp oil company owners feared , electrical lighting would put them out of business.

Between Tesla and Edison was the famous " war of the currents" .
Tesla's AC won out, over Edison's DC systems due to the effectiveness  of AC to light a big town .

Like that era, the world is experiencing  growing pains , over the energy transformation.
I'm confident, the bugs will eventually get worked out and we'll think of electric powered cars as normal by the 2030's .

IroNat:
You missed the whole point of the article, Howard.

Next time read the article before commenting.

Gym Rat:
Howards dumb as a rock and proves it with each post.
People like him "taught kids" which is also a reason why the dumbing down of the country exists.

"2020" they note...

Seems right around the time pant-shitter shut down US energy production. And our country as an energy super-power...
Fake pandemic has nothing to do with it.

Dumb decisions by even dumber humans has everything to do with it. (Also, they created the fake pandemic).

ROBOAK:

--- Quote from: Howard on November 22, 2022, 09:30:04 AM ---140 years ago, oil lamps were the lighting of the day . People drove horse pulled wagons and flight was something birds did.

Then Tesla and Edison came along and AC electrical systems with the electric light bulb replaced the old oil lamps .
The internal combustion engine replaced the horse drawn carriage and coast to coast flight is a common mode of travel.

I say this, to point out that EVERY technology has a run, BUT eventually gets replaced .

The transition away from fossil fuels to renewable sources of clean energy is inevitable .
As in the time of Tesla and Edison, financial concerns from the existing technology always push back .
Trust me, the lamp oil company owners feared , electrical lighting would put them out of business.

Between Tesla and Edison was the famous " war of the currents" .
Tesla's AC won out, over Edison's DC systems due to the effectiveness  of AC to light a big town .

Like that era, the world is experiencing  growing pains , over the energy transformation.
I'm confident, the bugs will eventually get worked out and we'll think of electric powered cars as normal by the 2030's .

--- End quote ---
you can't have cobalt mines with out fossil  fuel , you delusional ,fairy tail land, retard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version