Author Topic: where should i move to and live?  (Read 3947 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
where should i move to and live?
« on: August 12, 2008, 10:19:21 AM »
totally off topic, but anywhere here it goes. sick of living in the midwest! only good thing is the cost of living!

thinking in about 2 years moving to either cali or arizona. all the areas i'm looking into has it good and bad points! the areas that i've narrowed it down to are either in arizona, phoenix or tucson and in cali, either santa monica, the del reys (playa and marina) and northern san diego county like escondido, san marcos, oceanside,etc.)

like i said each area has their good and bad points! arizona is way cheaper than cali, but no ocean and hotter than hell plus perhaps kind of boring after awhile?

cali the santa monica/del rey area right on the water, the vibe of the bb world, but outrageously expensive practically unlawful how much it cost to live in that area if your not filthy rich!

cali, northern san diego county, beautiful not too far from the ocean, great climate, a bit cheaper than the whole santa monica,venice, del rey scene and also cheaper than orange county (redondo, manhattan, newport beach towns) quiet but not boring area too.

any ideas guys? i make only decent moolah ($60,000 plus or so a year) god knows i'll never be able to afford a house in cali, of course not sure if i want too though. just looking for a nice 2 bedroom, 2 bath townhouse,condo,apartment in an area where the cost of living is fair, the climate is awesome, great scenery, things to do, a bb/fitness atmosphere,etcetera ( am i asking for too much! laugh)

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: where should i move to and live?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 10:31:07 AM »
There's always Dubai, India.....
HAHA, RON.....

incognegro

• Getbig II
  • I move the weight like i'm Oprah's son!
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 10:32:20 AM »
man I understand I live in northern cali about 6hours north of L.A, San diego, Oceanside, Santa Monica etc. and I love it down there so fun so many chicks but can be expensive though. I live about hour from san francisco, and oakland and two to three hours from santa cruz or monterey but I rather much be down south its kind of boring in central cali and anyways being around people who have money will make you bring your A game beause u will befriend a majority of rich people so you know how the saying goes If you want to make money u have to surround yourself around those whom make money and you'll pick up tips and habits on how to become more financially secure and stable I planning on moving down there too good luck bro ps. texas is not half bad it is hot but while the rest of the country is in a recession they are prospering I did advertising and sold cars while I was there this year San Antonio is a fun city very cheap and great nightlife so you might want to take that into consideration, but in the hollywood l.a area u never know who u will see or who u will meet and u can become or do anything possibilitiea are endless

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 11:16:28 AM »
move to NYC sell coke and upgrade your life ....

L

rk272727

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 11:19:49 AM »
move in with vince goodrum and enjoy the cock
b

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 11:23:58 AM »
any ideas guys? i make only decent moolah ($60,000 plus or so a year) god knows i'll never be able to afford a house in cali, of course not sure if i want too though. just looking for a nice 2 bedroom, 2 bath townhouse,condo,apartment in an area where the cost of living is fair, the climate is awesome, great scenery, things to do, a bb/fitness atmosphere,etcetera ( am i asking for too much! laugh)

60k is what you make where you live now.  that's not the same as what you'll be able to make in the new location.  depending on what you do, you might be able to make much more, or not nearly as much.

a 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment in so cal is probably $2k/month, even more as you get closer to the ocean.

plus the areas you list are very different.  SD and OC are very suburban, very white and very conservative.  SM is very Bohemian.

you'd probably be better off first finding a job, then figuring out how much you can afford for rent and how far you want to commute.  

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 11:25:27 AM »
totally off topic, but anywhere here it goes. sick of living in the midwest! only good thing is the cost of living!

thinking in about 2 years moving to either cali or arizona. all the areas i'm looking into has it good and bad points! the areas that i've narrowed it down to are either in arizona, phoenix or tucson and in cali, either santa monica, the del reys (playa and marina) and northern san diego county like escondido, san marcos, oceanside,etc.)

like i said each area has their good and bad points! arizona is way cheaper than cali, but no ocean and hotter than hell plus perhaps kind of boring after awhile?

cali the santa monica/del rey area right on the water, the vibe of the bb world, but outrageously expensive practically unlawful how much it cost to live in that area if your not filthy rich!

cali, northern san diego county, beautiful not too far from the ocean, great climate, a bit cheaper than the whole santa monica,venice, del rey scene and also cheaper than orange county (redondo, manhattan, newport beach towns) quiet but not boring area too.

Junior, a 1 bedroom apartment in Santa Monica OR Marina Del Rey will set you back $1,500-2K per month. It does not get more expensive, and about 4 times the cost of a shit hole like Escondido or Oceanside.

Bruffy

• Getbig II
  • If it's not metal, it's crap!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 11:26:31 AM »
Move to Myrtle Beach, SC if you want ocean. 
I

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 11:29:22 AM »

I had a buddy that moved to Bilouxi Mississippi (sp?) and was on the water in a nice 1 bedroom for 750 a month...... said he really liked the area.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 11:29:48 AM »
You could live at get big with bluto rent free ;D
p

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 11:30:34 AM »
I had a buddy that moved to Bilouxi Mississippi (sp?) and was on the water in a nice 1 bedroom for 750 a month...... said he really liked the area.

Until Katrina came through

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 11:36:15 AM »
There's always Dubai, India.....

One night in Dubai and the world's your oyster
The bars are temples but the cars ain't free
You'll find a schmoe in every golden cloister
And if you're lucky then the god's a he
I can feel an sheik sliding up to me

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 11:43:07 AM »

shit...I personal train in MB right now...moved out of my roomates and I sleep on a stripper's couch for free all night

I saved cash all summer and just got a new car......east coast sucks tho and myrtle isnt the shit....bunch of fckin rednecks and crazy strippers

right by the beach....alot of ass but you have to wrap it up....cost of living isnt shit here tho

have to sell drugs to make any real kind of $$

Bruffy

• Getbig II
  • If it's not metal, it's crap!
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 12:03:04 PM »
Depending on what type of work Tom does, his cost of living and disposable income  could be sweet in Myrtle Beach.  Beach, babes, beer, and barbells.  Doesn't sound too bad.
I

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 12:07:46 PM »
man I understand I live in northern cali about 6hours north of L.A, San diego, Oceanside, Santa Monica etc. and I love it down there so fun so many chicks

You don't live in NorCal.

Poser.

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 12:10:16 PM »
I lived all over Cali. I love it here.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 12:11:49 PM »
i make only decent moolah ($60,000 plus or so a year)

Hahahahaha. 60K/yr is decent cash in the midwest.  That ain't SHIT here in Cali. Not trying to be mean, but come rent a place for the summer and see whta the cost of living is out here.

They say you have to make a minimum of 86K/yr to have a fighting chance at getting into your own house. And remember, gas here is still over 4 bucks a gallon...

If you aren't following a job out here, I really don't know why you would move here...

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 12:13:27 PM »
You should move to Know Your Role Blvd., on Jibroni Drive..  ;D

(I couldn't resist  ;))

not very funny

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 12:17:10 PM »
Hahahahaha. 60K/yr is decent cash in the midwest.  That ain't SHIT here in Cali. Not trying to be mean, but come rent a place for the summer and see whta the cost of living is out here.

They say you have to make a minimum of 86K/yr to have a fighting chance at getting into your own house. And remember, gas here is still over 4 bucks a gallon...

If you aren't following a job out here, I really don't know why you would move here...

Everybody doesnt make 60k a year in cali young buck. I say 60k is "decent" amount of money.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 12:21:04 PM »

CO = Midwest hell hole

Your money will work in AZ.

Does your position pay more in CA? 

If you need a beach...then think FL if that is possible.  You salary works better in southern states.

Oh...Monica!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 12:27:10 PM »
rent a mobile home in missouri

incognegro

• Getbig II
  • I move the weight like i'm Oprah's son!
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 12:55:56 PM »
why woulI lie why would I pose on living here in nor cal?

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 12:58:23 PM »
Everybody doesnt make 60k a year in cali young buck. I say 60k is "decent" amount of money.

Sarge,

60K is the MINIMUM you need to live in Cali, and not live paycheck to paycheck.

Assuming you want a decent standard of living of course...

And assuming you actually want to get a little ahead every month....

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 01:00:01 PM »
CO = Midwest hell hole

Your money will work in AZ.

Does your position pay more in CA? 

If you need a beach...then think FL if that is possible.  You salary works better in southern states.

CO=Awesome if you can handle the cold. 

You saying CO sucks, he should move to the South? HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH    ;D ::)

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 01:02:24 PM »
why woulI lie why would I pose on living here in nor cal?

6 hrs north of LA is not Norcal. You have to be north of Modesto to be in Norcal.