Author Topic: Is AEROSMITH the greatest band of all time???????????????  (Read 7478 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
Re: Is AEROSMITH the greatest band of all time???????????????
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2008, 01:45:13 PM »
And you can't argue a point (compared to BSB and myself) in music with any knowledge to save your post count.

whats there to argue? he couldnt handle the kinda speed etc needed for a band like slayer

half his stuff would suit a parade

i dont need 2 full pages to make a point.
Z

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2008, 02:11:02 PM »
whats there to argue? he couldnt handle the kinda speed etc needed for a band like slayer

half his stuff would suit a parade

i dont need 2 full pages to make a point.

You don't "need" to? ::O If you aren't just post-whoring again, then on this topic you indeed NEED to.
You don't know music outside of a simpletons way of listening and saying "I like this" or "I don't like this."
Perhaps when it comes to arguing music, you'd like to put a wager on it? My (near) 3k posts, versus your 25k? Hell, instead lets just do 3k for 3k? ;)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2008, 02:41:44 PM »
You don't "need" to? ::O If you aren't just post-whoring again, then on this topic you indeed NEED to.
You don't know music outside of a simpletons way of listening and saying "I like this" or "I don't like this."
Perhaps when it comes to arguing music, you'd like to put a wager on it? My (near) 3k posts, versus your 25k? Hell, instead lets just do 3k for 3k? ;)

are you saying he could've replaced the drummer of slayer and did as good a job?

because thats what we're discussing. your bullshit personal attacks, remarks, bets or whatever you can go post somewhere else. this is the e board. not the v board.

if you cant discuss music without insulting, then just lemme know and ill happy to ban you. no problem.
Z

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2008, 02:50:44 PM »
are you saying he could've replaced the drummer of slayer and did as good a job?

because thats what we're discussing. your bullshit personal attacks, remarks, bets or whatever you can go post somewhere else. this is the e board. not the v board.

if you cant discuss music without insulting, then just lemme know and ill happy to ban you. no problem.

I'm saying yes. In another time, when the Stones were coming up as nobodies, they played music that people didn't like on a mainstream basis. Much like Slayer now, people like them, but you're not seeing them mainstream like you would Hannah Montana or the latest Gavin DeGraw album. Slayer is accepted, but not so widely.....same for the Stones back in the 60's when they debuted alongside the British invasion and a little known band called "the Beatles."
With that being said, Charlie Watts focused and concentrated on what he thought would fit the music the Stones played. The music the Stones played, was blues. Hardly a demand for the technique, speed, or anything else that Slayers music requires.
Are you saying you think the drummer from Slayer can play a Rolling Stones song?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2008, 02:54:10 PM »
im saying he couldnt pull off that kinda demanding physical music style that slayer is.
Z

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2008, 02:59:23 PM »

Fight or flight. If he actually wanted to play Slayers music, I'm sure he could if he PRACTICED.
Start a routine in the gym....nobody could bench press 405x12 for sets the first day in. But they build up to it. This is the body adapting- what is natural.
Why couldn't Charlie Watts be able to work up to the physical demands of Slayers music?
With the Stones, I'd like to see Slayers drummer try to play it...even better a very simple blues shuffle.
You have to keep in mind, that Slayers drummer is a bit younger, young enough to be Charlie's grandson...Charlie needs a few nitro pills to keep up but no reason why his body won't adapt to the physical demands.
Oooops, too long of a post....

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2008, 05:13:27 PM »
im saying he couldnt pull off that kinda demanding physical music style that slayer is.

From a drumming perspective Slayer is not demanding physically. I was playing Reign in Blood 4 years after I started playing and there are a great number of metal bands with much faster, more technical and longer songs then Slayer.

What Buddy Rich is playing there is so beyond the realm of what the advanced drummer can do. Buddy Rich was clocked at 1400bpm. That's the sticks hitting drums 1400 times per minute. The MOST complex song slayer has (confirmed by Paul Bostaph and Lombardo) is Angel of Death which is a walk in the park.

Do not use Slayer as a watermark for technical drumming or anything else other then a really good speed metal band. 
$

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2008, 06:41:24 PM »

Careful there BSB, that was a rather long post, and I do believe there was an attack on Bluto's character too.
However, I agree 100%!!!!!

;)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2008, 08:25:31 AM »
 ::)

didnt know you guys cared so much.

all i know is drumming is known for 2 things

1. drum solos, the time where people go buy beers on concerts and the rest of the band take a break

2. drummer-jokes that was popular a few years back, drummers are considered stupid

Z

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2008, 09:18:23 AM »
::)

didnt know you guys cared so much.

all i know is drumming is known for 2 things

1. drum solos, the time where people go buy beers on concerts and the rest of the band take a break

2. drummer-jokes that was popular a few years back, drummers are considered stupid

talk about a retreat from the debate.
$

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2008, 12:07:23 PM »
talk about a retreat from the debate.

its not much to debate, drumming is pretty retarded as it is

if you can drum like slayer after 4 years that just shows how easy it is and whats then left to discuss
Z

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2008, 12:27:17 PM »
its not much to debate, drumming is pretty retarded as it is

if you can drum like slayer after 4 years that just shows how easy it is and whats then left to discuss

No NOT EASY, I didn't say easy. I was highlighting how Slayer WASN'T the standard for how music in general should be judged in terms of technical ability.
$

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2008, 12:28:13 PM »
Not even close.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2008, 02:07:25 AM »
no

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2008, 06:08:31 AM »
LOL, that looks pretty unanimous...  no no no no no no...

no!

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2008, 11:24:59 PM »
Great yes, greatest no IMO.

I would put the Stones #1

Listen to the Stones lyrics and then listen to the Beatles lyrics and if you come back here stating the Stones were the best band of all time, someone must hang themselves and it shouldn't be me... :-\

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2008, 05:37:48 AM »
Listen to the Stones lyrics and then listen to the Beatles lyrics and if you come back here stating the Stones were the best band of all time, someone must hang themselves and it shouldn't be me... :-\

The Stones are one of the tops because even at 65 or whatever they are they are one of the few if not the ONLY rock n roll groups to retain such a bond with the black music from which rock was created.
$

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2008, 08:23:09 AM »
I would hate to be a drummer for Spinal Tap.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2008, 08:15:24 PM »
Great yes, greatest no IMO.

I would put the Stones #1

Probably right. Or Zep.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2008, 09:40:19 PM »
I would hate to be a drummer for Spinal Tap.

You got that right.

Did you hear what happened to Peter James Bond? All that was left of him was a little green globule.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2008, 12:15:06 AM »
maybe bands dont need a drummer at all

Actually good bands live and die a lot of times by their drummer. The drummer is sort of the glue that holds it all together IMO, and I say this as a guitar guy myself.

From a drumming perspective Slayer is not demanding physically. I was playing Reign in Blood 4 years after I started playing and there are a great number of metal bands with much faster, more technical and longer songs then Slayer.

True, but Lombardo is still a great drummer...some of his best stuff though is on Testaments "The Gathering" album which he was the drummer on...kind of funny, Testaments newest album "The Formation of Damnation" which is fantastic BTW, has another "Slayer" drummer playing in this one, Paul Bostaph ...actually it's his 2nd album with the band.

As for the main point of this thread...not a chance in hell.  Just about anyother band from that era wins over them...except the stones, cause I hate the stones...never understood why anyone thinks they're that great...cause they're not anything spectacular at all.

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2008, 04:49:25 AM »
Aerosmith put on an awesome gig ill give them that - i saw them in Hyde park last year and they were very very good.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2008, 07:26:08 AM »
Aerosmith put on an awesome gig ill give them that - i saw them in Hyde park last year and they were very very good.

Early Aerosmith music = Excellent
Later Aerosmith music = Okay
R

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2008, 10:46:56 AM »
great band
great songs

wow you actually like a good band :o

E
E

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2008, 11:46:51 AM »
Just about anyother band from that era wins over them...except the stones, cause I hate the stones...never understood why anyone thinks they're that great...cause they're not anything spectacular at all.

Beatle fan?