Author Topic: Down sizing what would you do  (Read 7100 times)

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
Down sizing what would you do
« on: February 08, 2015, 07:26:11 PM »
Hey guys serious question. Looks like my house sold and I'll be making a decent return. As I'm now a college guy Im more worried about saving money and getting my toys once I get my degree going.

My big payments are my car and insurance. So I'd like to down size and get rid of the is250

Should I just pay it off and keep it?

Sale it and buy a used older mustang coupe (I'm a mechanic and know them like the back of my hand always wanted a fox body 5.0) and use the money I would have used and invest in a cd or along those lines?

I'm leaning more towards option b. Rolling in luxury is nice. But having a safety net is better

I mean this to be a real post with real responses. As some of the getbiggers here are educated and have some real world experience

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: Down sizing what would you do
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 07:28:08 PM »
Save as much money as you can.
Y

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 07:29:33 PM »
Save as much money as you can.

I think your right. If the mustang broke down easy fix. The Lexus? I'd be fucked

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 07:30:26 PM »
How old are you mike?

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 07:36:55 PM »
How old are you mike?

Turned 26 a few months ago

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 07:37:16 PM »
Hey guys serious question. Looks like my house sold and I'll be making a decent return. As I'm now a college guy Im more worried about saving money and getting my toys once I get my degree going.

My big payments are my car and insurance. So I'd like to down size and get rid of the is250

Should I just pay it off and keep it?

Sale it and buy a used older mustang coupe (I'm a mechanic and know them like the back of my hand always wanted a fox body 5.0) and use the money I would have used and invest in a cd or along those lines?

I'm leaning more towards option b. Rolling in luxury is nice. But having a safety net is better

I mean this to be a real post with real responses. As some of the getbiggers here are educated and have some real world experience

Take whatever you make and pay off EVERYTHING. Keep 3-6 months in living expenses and start saving. The luxury stuff is nice but not necessary right now. Dave Ramsey is your friend. Saved my ass along time ago.
http://www.daveramsey.com/home/

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 07:38:21 PM »
Save, but not in a CD for heaven's sake.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2015, 07:41:12 PM »
Take whatever you make and pay off EVERYTHING. Keep 3-6 months in living expenses and start saving. The luxury stuff is nice but not necessary right now. Dave Ramsey is your friend. Saved my ass along time ago.
http://www.daveramsey.com/home/

That roughly what in trying to keep in savings. If I sale the Lexus and pick up a clean 5.0 for say 6k that saves me 15,000 right there

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2015, 07:41:45 PM »
Turned 26 a few months ago

Ok, I think you're right on the cusp here. So I'm going to lean toward the irresponsible side: here's my answer:

Get the fuck atta here with your CDs and shit. What are you 50? You got a good physique (maybe aittle homo) and you in prime pussy pulling years. What you're going to roll up in a 1985 mustang? Kneegrow please!

Stick with the Lexus. If you take care of it, it'll last at least 200k miles. Toll save money in the long run anyway. Don't be in such a hurry to get old. Look at Wes. Getting old sucks.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2015, 07:42:17 PM »
Looks like it's time to start cutting some of the fat off.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2015, 07:42:27 PM »
That roughly what in trying to keep in savings. If I sale the Lexus and pick up a clean 5.0 for say 6k that saves me 15,000 right there

Smart.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2015, 07:45:46 PM »
Also, if you have any credit card debt. Pay those off and cut them up. But keep the accounts open.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2015, 07:48:37 PM »
Also, if you have any credit card debt. Pay those off and cut them up. But keep the accounts open.

That's another thing I'm going to do. Chop the fucking thing up

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2015, 07:50:35 PM »
Ok, I think you're right on the cusp here. So I'm going to lean toward the irresponsible side: here's my answer:

Get the fuck atta here with your CDs and shit. What are you 50? You got a good physique (maybe aittle homo) and you in prime pussy pulling years. What you're going to roll up in a 1985 mustang? Kneegrow please!

Stick with the Lexus. If you take care of it, it'll last at least 200k miles. Toll save money in the long run anyway. Don't be in such a hurry to get old. Look at Wes. Getting old sucks.

Haha I'm married and I'll still have my pro street gto!

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2015, 07:51:25 PM »
In college yet asking getbig.com for advise on personal life/financial decisions.

You're definitely going to go far

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 07:53:20 PM »
Just keep saving those disability checks.  They add up quick and produce more income than a large segment of people do in the United States for difficult work.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2015, 07:55:06 PM »
In college yet asking getbig.com for advise on personal life/financial decisions.

You're definitely going to go far

Lol some of these guys are loser. But some of these guys have lived a lot of life and offer good advice l, Howard has a phd in physics. Coach owns and operates his own business. I'm sure there are plenty more guys that have real world advice. I'm not to prideful to listen. I learned the hard way other people have already learned the hard way for you

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2015, 07:55:57 PM »
Just keep saving those disability checks.  They add up quick and produce more income than a large segment of people do in the United States for difficult work.

Best part is they go up each year with inflation  ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2015, 07:57:36 PM »
Best part is they go up each year with inflation  ;D
Yep.  Milking the system in the best way possible.  Better not vote against your interests.  Vote for whomever will keep the juice flowing from the taxpayers to you.  The disabled, unable to work like you, need it more than anyone.  Plus you can still compete in bodybuilding.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2015, 07:58:20 PM »
Do you still get an income at a vet?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2015, 08:00:39 PM »
Lol some of these guys are loser. But some of these guys have lived a lot of life and offer good advice l, Howard has a phd in physics. Coach owns and operates his own business. I'm sure there are plenty more guys that have real world advice. I'm not to prideful to listen. I learned the hard way other people have already learned the hard way for you

I learned the hard way as well and every once in a while my wife has to pull me back from impulse buying. I'm not talking about little things either.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2015, 08:00:59 PM »
He gets full income as he is disabled, unable to walk, talk or even get out of bed.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2015, 08:01:12 PM »

I get disabiled compensation and as long as I pass a full time college load I get a payment from my GI bill every month. My goal here is to go to school full time and get my degree as fast as possible so I don't have to work a shitty part time job for 5 years to get my degree

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2015, 08:05:07 PM »
He gets full income as he is disabled, unable to walk, talk or even get out of bed.

Bum knee but leg presses with the best of them. Hes a dedicated bodybuilder. The mind of a warrior and a body made of iron.
X

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2015, 08:06:34 PM »
I get disabiled compensation and as long as I pass a full time college load I get a payment from my GI bill every month. My goal here is to go to school full time and get my degree as fast as possible so I don't have to work a shitty part time job for 5 years to get my degree

That's awesome!! Just make sure the day you graduate you're debt free. Nothing says freedom like being debt free. Esecially when you're young and married.